Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pups

Tinkerbell
January 28th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Hey all,

Does anyone know how a person would be able to get rid of pitbulls pupies legally ?

T.

cpietra16
January 28th, 2006, 04:16 PM
WHat do you mean get rid of? Do you want to put them down? Are they yours?

chico2
January 28th, 2006, 04:17 PM
"Get rid of"what on earth do you mean?? Please explain:confused:

raingirl
January 28th, 2006, 05:16 PM
I think the poster is implying that she or someone she knows has a pit that had puppies in Ontario, which is now illegal (it's past the date right?).

As far as I understand the law, any puppies born after the cut-off date will be put down no matter what. Is that right?

I would assume this poster is trying to "get rid of" (i.e. sneak) the puppies out of province without anyone (i.e. authorities) finding out. I don't think they want to intentionally kill them, as technically, that is legally what should be happening.

Really, there is no legal way to get rid of them. If the authorities find out, they will be killed.

Anyone know of an underground railroad for pits?

Inverness
January 28th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Contact Bullies in Need. They'll help you out.

http://www.bulliesinneed.fivepixelmedia.com/

These are not your pups, right ? Your two Bullies are fixed... ?

cpietra16
January 28th, 2006, 07:34 PM
That makes sence. I just wasn't sure what GTA was. I thought T was for Toronto but you never know. As to the underground..please don't tell me that they have people at the border crossing within Canada that are searching for the illegals....:mad:

raingirl
January 28th, 2006, 07:41 PM
GTA = Greater Toronto Area (Toronto plus about 10-12 other cities that surround it)

Inverness
January 28th, 2006, 08:09 PM
That makes sence. I just wasn't sure what GTA was. I thought T was for Toronto but you never know. As to the underground..please don't tell me that they have people at the border crossing within Canada that are searching for the illegals....:mad:

The undergroung railroad would be a network of volunteers who safely transfer a dog, in this case from Ontario to any safer province and into the hands of reputable rescues. ;)

However, let me assure you Bullies in Need will NOT just transfer the pups without having some serious actions taken for both the dam and sire...

cpietra16
January 28th, 2006, 08:15 PM
What do you mean "Action taken for both the dam and sire"? Do you mean they have to be neutered and spayed?

raingirl
January 28th, 2006, 08:28 PM
In ontario all pitbulls are now required by law to have been spayed or nutered already.

Inverness
January 28th, 2006, 08:42 PM
Yes, that's what I meant. I can't imagine BIN going "OK, no problem, we'll take charge of your pups. Now go on make another litter..." This litter IS already illegal and should not have been born under such horrible conditions. Only to face death if they don't get out. :(

Besides, I don't think we're dealing with a reputable breeder here...

Tinkerbell
January 29th, 2006, 09:21 AM
Wow, sorry my wording was so wrong!

NO NO NO I would never want to kill a dog or any other animal for that matter!

By get rid of I meant by transfering them to a province where they are legal or keep them somewhere safe. Maybe even a msg board I can get more information on how to give them there etc.

No the puppies aren't mine, they are a friend's and his pittie got prego about a week after the ban. I am sure he will have her spayed very soon.

Again, sorry if what I wrote was misunderstood I really didn't mean it that way.

T.

mastifflover
January 29th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Please make sure this dog gets spayed or if he gets caught they will put he down.

Lucky Rescue
January 29th, 2006, 10:12 AM
However, let me assure you Bullies in Need will NOT just transfer the pups without having some serious actions taken for both the dam and sire...

Right. They have enough to do trying to help dogs dumped on the street or dying in shelters to clean up messes made by irresponsible and unthinking individuals breeding pit bulls in Ontario when they're being banned.:mad:

Tinkerbell
January 29th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Calling someone an idiot or moron I think is uncalled for. We all know that it isn't right that he didn't get her spayed on time, but at this point I would just like to help the puppies so they don't get put down.

T.

Lucky Rescue
January 29th, 2006, 10:42 AM
You're right. I changed it. I own and love this breed and seeing people being too irresponsible to spay/neuter and continue to breed them when tons are dying and being dumped every day makes me see red.

I know you're trying to help. I'm sorry I don't have an answer, since there are too many pit bulls and not enough homes. Rescues and shelters are packed.

This person will have to try calling and writing to every rescue within 500 miles to try and find some refuge for these poor babies.

Go to Google and look up "pit bull rescues".