Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help Please?! How Do I Send This To A Member That Posted A Long Time Ago ?

VIOLET0019
January 28th, 2006, 02:58 PM
HELP!? How can I send this to a member so that he will ACTUALLY KNOW that he has a new letter from someone on this site? Does he actually have to go back to his old posting of last year? How will he know that I sent this to him? I am sorry to sound so ignorant. This is all new for me (am self taught at using computer, and a bit overwhelmed at postings on sites like this!) I appreciate any EASY INSTRUCTIONS please, any opinions, advice would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!
(I SENT THE FOLLOWING TO THE MEMBER: "THE DUKE" with regards to a posting for SATANS DOG):

Bravo To You!! Thank You Thank You Thank You!!
I believe in you and say BRAVO and thank you for being so kind in rescuing this dog. FIRST I MUST ASK: Is the name of your dog Satandog? Please let me know, as I have missed what his name is? You have received soooooooo much advice. Please be careful. I know everyone means well, but not all of the suggestions are so easy to do! Putting your dog in a crate, for example - one cannot just put their dog in a crate without knowing about putting a rescued, abused dog in a crate - please be careful on all that you do. TAKE IT EASY, GO SLOW. I also rescued a dog (part Pomeranian and part Yorkshire Terrier-her name is Baby) and she had a terrible life being beaten, kept in a cage, never trained, never walked, slept and did her toilet in the cage, left in there for days as the owners went away out of town, needless to say, she has many issues. BUT, I LOVE HER! AND ALTHOUGH I RESCUED HER, I TRULY BELIEVE SHE RESCUED ME!! I believe in you - the most important thing with a dog that has been abused is that we MUST have PATIENCE, we must think on every action we take, every word we say, how we talk & our tone - LISTEN TO YOUR VOICE, of how he hears you. IMPORTANT TIP - PLEASE DO NOT SCREAM AND BE ANGRY AT YOUR DOG! If you feel angry, frustrated, etc.....take a deep breath, and speak low, speak soft, speak calm. Otherwise, any progress you make, if he loses the TRUST, then it will be like taking 10 steps back!! I have NEVER raised my voice to Baby, NEVER! All of those months, cleaning up diarrhea all over the house, several times a day.......all the times I had to stop, take a breath and work very hard, very patiently in FIRSTLY and most importantly, gaining her TRUST in me (which even today, every single day, she STILL is not 100% sure that I will not beat her!!!) But I understand, I love her, and I MUST find PATIENCE for her, even though it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard, when I am tired, when I am ill and need to FIND the patience, at any given moment, to take care of her needs - it is a 24/7 committment, when one rescues a dog, or any animal - BUT, how wonderful to be able to have all that it takes to take in an abused animal, to rescue an animal, and give them a loving, safe home, for the rest of their lives!!! They come to us, having "paid their dues" sort of speak, and those of us who have this special ability, like you, to be able to be strong, loving, patient and understanding, to be selfless ....... that is something to be proud of!!! I hope that you will continue to write in to this site, for help, to hear the experiences of others, the ideas others may give you, so that hopefully you will have some help in taking care of your dog. PLEASE - use POSITIVE ENCOURAGEMENT, when training your dog, i.e. each time he is learning, and does what you want, give him a crunchy (kibble food - carry some in your pocket at ALL TIMES, so that at any instant, when he listens to you, REMEMBER - always give him a treat, and ALWAYS SAY: GOOD BOY! GOOD BOY! and give him a pat, or scratch on the chest, or whatever else which you know that he likes!! I PROMISE, that if you have patience and are willing to go down this road, although it is a long road, and it may take a long time, I PROMISE, if you ALWAYS REMEMBER TO USE KIND ENCOURAGING WORDS TO YOUR DOG SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SINGLE DAY - you will see that your dog will begin to learn. IT IS ABOUT TRUST - your dog needs to trust you. He has been through horrible times, and you have come into his life and him into your life.......for a reason. I believe in fate, and you two were brought together.
ALSO, do not use many words when training or teaching your dog anything at all. ALWAYS BEGIN WITH HIS NAME (to get his attention) and then say what you want to say, for example: "SATANDOG!" GOOD BOY! or "SATANDOG!" COME! ................... From my personal experience, and from others who I have suggested this advice, I have always heard back that everyone says that this is good advice, and also REMEMBER: POSITIVE ENCOURAGEMENT AND A KIBBLE! TAKE CARE! YOU CAN DO IT!!

I bought this dog from a kill shelter and when i got him he was over a year old. now, this dog chews and i mean he chews wires, bottles, carpet, beds, walls, cats pretty much anything that can be chewed he chews. he has many many real bones (the ones that cost a lot) and the bones that can be easily chewed. i know for a fact he has had some training because hes one stupid dog but he knows the sit and lay down commands. not only does he chew he also cant sit still for more than 5 seconds and he only sleeps like an hour a night. im almost postive he was abused by his old owners because he gets startled very easily and he always has to be close to you.

now getting rid of him really isnt an option cause he would be put to sleep if he goes back to a kill shelter cause hes a really big dog and if someone were to test him if to see his temper he would fail cause he will snap at you if you try and take away whatever hes chewing. also this dog is just so darn helpless i mean he got caught in a phone wire not really caught but he though he did so he just stood there and whined till i got him loose. i just cant see myself giving him a death sentence i mean im sure he doesnt mean to be this way and hes a very good looking dog.

i know my grammar is bad but any info of maybe meds or something to help him would mean all the world to me

thanks[/quote]

Prin
January 28th, 2006, 04:38 PM
It's hard because a lot of people come here with one problem and never come back once they get their answer... If he doesn't have an email address in his profile, you might just be out of luck.:o

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 29th, 2006, 08:03 AM
I remember that post it was a few months back. I am just picturing the Satandog come, Satandog sit, Can you imagine a dog named Satan, no wonder hes a bit mixed up. :evil:

It's hard because a lot of people come here with one problem and never come back once they get their answer... If he doesn't have an email address in his profile, you might just be out of luck

I joined a few other forums too and posted for a bit but lost interest after a while, this is the only one that I check on a regular basis.

Prin
January 29th, 2006, 01:59 PM
I joined a few other forums too and posted for a bit but lost interest after a while, this is the only one that I check on a regular basis.LOL i.e. this one was more addictive?:D

Who knows, maybe it's written "satan's dog" but it's pronounced Sattanne's dog...:D :D (I'm secretly hoping)

VIOLET0019
January 29th, 2006, 02:41 PM
THANK YOU to everyone who replied to this question. Well, I hope that he is doing better with the dog that he rescued, and hopefully he will contact this site if he is having a difficult time, because if it becomes too hard for him, I hope that he would know the importance to contact the rescue group from where he obtained the dog in the first place, and if for some reason, (i.e. rescued from another city, country, etc.) that was absolutely impossible, then perhaps he could contact one of the rescue groups connected to this site.......it's all about the dogs and cats to be placed in the proper home with people who are able to work with animals that are not "normal". Sometimes people adopt a pet that has "issues" and do not realize that the work involved with these types of dogs and cats is 24/7 - for life! It is a real committment, and one MUST be selfless, and have enormous love, patience and understanding, because these kinds of dogs and cats who have been abused, who have been through trauma and horror MUST only be placed in homes that can take on this HUGE undertaking. Sometimes when one adopts, one might be overwhelmed and need support, need advice, suggestions, help, to deal with understanding these animals, and most importantly to know that this is a committment and a liftime responsibility! Usually the place from where the animal was adopted is in touch with the person.......but, who knows, the circumstances of each adoption is different. After reading a posting like that, we can only hope that the dog is okay!

- HELP!? How can I send this to a member so that he will ACTUALLY KNOW that he has a new letter from someone on this site? Does he actually have to go back to his old posting of last year? How will he know that I sent this to him? I am sorry to sound so ignorant. This is all new for me (am self taught at using computer, and a bit overwhelmed at postings on sites like this!) I appreciate any EASY INSTRUCTIONS please, any opinions, advice would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!
(I SENT THE FOLLOWING TO THE MEMBER: "THE DUKE" with regards to a posting for SATANS DOG):

Bravo To You!! Thank You Thank You Thank You!!
I believe in you and say BRAVO and thank you for being so kind in rescuing this dog. FIRST I MUST ASK: Is the name of your dog Satandog? Please let me know, as I have missed what his name is? You have received soooooooo much advice. Please be careful. I know everyone means well, but not all of the suggestions are so easy to do! Putting your dog in a crate, for example - one cannot just put their dog in a crate without knowing about putting a rescued, abused dog in a crate - please be careful on all that you do. TAKE IT EASY, GO SLOW. I also rescued a dog (part Pomeranian and part Yorkshire Terrier-her name is Baby) and she had a terrible life being beaten, kept in a cage, never trained, never walked, slept and did her toilet in the cage, left in there for days as the owners went away out of town, needless to say, she has many issues. BUT, I LOVE HER! AND ALTHOUGH I RESCUED HER, I TRULY BELIEVE SHE RESCUED ME!! I believe in you - the most important thing with a dog that has been abused is that we MUST have PATIENCE, we must think on every action we take, every word we say, how we talk & our tone - LISTEN TO YOUR VOICE, of how he hears you. IMPORTANT TIP - PLEASE DO NOT SCREAM AND BE ANGRY AT YOUR DOG! If you feel angry, frustrated, etc.....take a deep breath, and speak low, speak soft, speak calm. Otherwise, any progress you make, if he loses the TRUST, then it will be like taking 10 steps back!! I have NEVER raised my voice to Baby, NEVER! All of those months, cleaning up diarrhea all over the house, several times a day.......all the times I had to stop, take a breath and work very hard, very patiently in FIRSTLY and most importantly, gaining her TRUST in me (which even today, every single day, she STILL is not 100% sure that I will not beat her!!!) But I understand, I love her, and I MUST find PATIENCE for her, even though it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard, when I am tired, when I am ill and need to FIND the patience, at any given moment, to take care of her needs - it is a 24/7 committment, when one rescues a dog, or any animal - BUT, how wonderful to be able to have all that it takes to take in an abused animal, to rescue an animal, and give them a loving, safe home, for the rest of their lives!!! They come to us, having "paid their dues" sort of speak, and those of us who have this special ability, like you, to be able to be strong, loving, patient and understanding, to be selfless ....... that is something to be proud of!!! I hope that you will continue to write in to this site, for help, to hear the experiences of others, the ideas others may give you, so that hopefully you will have some help in taking care of your dog. PLEASE - use POSITIVE ENCOURAGEMENT, when training your dog, i.e. each time he is learning, and does what you want, give him a crunchy (kibble food - carry some in your pocket at ALL TIMES, so that at any instant, when he listens to you, REMEMBER - always give him a treat, and ALWAYS SAY: GOOD BOY! GOOD BOY! and give him a pat, or scratch on the chest, or whatever else which you know that he likes!! I PROMISE, that if you have patience and are willing to go down this road, although it is a long road, and it may take a long time, I PROMISE, if you ALWAYS REMEMBER TO USE KIND ENCOURAGING WORDS TO YOUR DOG SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SINGLE DAY - you will see that your dog will begin to learn. IT IS ABOUT TRUST - your dog needs to trust you. He has been through horrible times, and you have come into his life and him into your life.......for a reason. I believe in fate, and you two were brought together.
ALSO, do not use many words when training or teaching your dog anything at all. ALWAYS BEGIN WITH HIS NAME (to get his attention) and then say what you want to say, for example: "SATANDOG!" GOOD BOY! or "SATANDOG!" COME! ................... From my personal experience, and from others who I have suggested this advice, I have always heard back that everyone says that this is good advice, and also REMEMBER: POSITIVE ENCOURAGEMENT AND A KIBBLE! TAKE CARE! YOU CAN DO IT!!

I bought this dog from a kill shelter and when i got him he was over a year old. now, this dog chews and i mean he chews wires, bottles, carpet, beds, walls, cats pretty much anything that can be chewed he chews. he has many many real bones (the ones that cost a lot) and the bones that can be easily chewed. i know for a fact he has had some training because hes one stupid dog but he knows the sit and lay down commands. not only does he chew he also cant sit still for more than 5 seconds and he only sleeps like an hour a night. im almost postive he was abused by his old owners because he gets startled very easily and he always has to be close to you.

now getting rid of him really isnt an option cause he would be put to sleep if he goes back to a kill shelter cause hes a really big dog and if someone were to test him if to see his temper he would fail cause he will snap at you if you try and take away whatever hes chewing. also this dog is just so darn helpless i mean he got caught in a phone wire not really caught but he though he did so he just stood there and whined till i got him loose. i just cant see myself giving him a death sentence i mean im sure he doesnt mean to be this way and hes a very good looking dog.

i know my grammar is bad but any info of maybe meds or something to help him would mean all the world to me

thanks[/QUOTE]