Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello, Harvey & I Need Your Vote.. Thank You!!

Paulah
January 27th, 2006, 09:45 PM
HARVEY

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c5/paulah//h-275in.jpg

ALL ABOUT
HARVEY

:pawprint: UPDATE: 1/27/06 9:00PM - 1429 Votes and a 7.0 Average! Only 4 Days Left to Go!

PLEASE VOTE!

HARVEY AND I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE VOTE….

I adopted Harvey on Dec. 17, 2005 from Lexee's Legacy Animal Sanctuary located in Celina, Texas. The SPCA had placed 3 pages of photos and information showing rescuees who needed a home. I spotted Harvey and he stole my heart. :angel:

I have entered Harvey in a Photo Contest at 1-800 Pet Meds. We need your vote…

Harvey wishes to DONATE HIS WINNINGS to his friends at Lexee's Legacy, the shelter who loved him, fed him and protected him for 5 years.

Please click the link below and vote "10"...…..

:pawprint: http://www.1800petmeds.com/petcontest/vote/3843089885504813885

The winner with the most votes will receive $1000.00,
which Harvey will present to his friends Lexee's Legacy !

Please visit Harvey’s old home at http://www.lexeeslegacy.com. Harvey’s donation will provide his 80+ friends at Lexee’s Legacy with much needed items, supplies, food and medicine.

Harvey is a 7 years old, “Midget”, Saint Bernard mix. He was also considered a Special needs Dog as he is missing a back leg. :( It is my understanding that Harvey has been in a rescue or animal shelter / sanctuary for 5 years. I cannot for the world figure out why no one had adopted him, as he is so good natured, laid back, happy and loving. Harvey now has 2 sisters, Brandy (Rescue Lab) and Sybil (Bull Terrier). We are so lucky to have found him.

Thank you so much and if you can, would you please forward this to as many as you can? We would deeply appreciate it.

Sincerely, Paula and Harvey Hambrick

mastifflover
January 28th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Voted for your little cutie and great that he wants to help his friends. I hope he wins

cpietra16
January 28th, 2006, 07:43 PM
voted for your baby...:fingerscr

jesse's mommy
January 28th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Me Too!! :thumbs up

mummummum
January 28th, 2006, 08:16 PM
What a great smile !:D You've got our vote !

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 28th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Me three :thumbs up

Paulah
January 28th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Thank ya'll so much! We do appreciate your vote.:thumbs up

As of now, Sat. 8:13PM, CST: 1487 Votes and a 7.0 Average!

Harvey lost a little ground earlier today, but had gained some back. I was thinking that the contest would be over on Monday.. Whoops, a friend told me the 31st is on Tuesday!:(

This little contest has turned into a "mission"!:D It is like having another full time job! The best part is, I think we have a very, VERY good chance of winning!:fingerscr

I never really realized how these small rescue groups worked.."Private Donations!" I have always and still do support the SPCA's, HUSA,, Humane Society...but after adopting my Harvey, I realized just how well the had been taken care of by Lexee's legacy Animal Shelter for 5 years. This little guy has NO ISSUES! Whoops, I lied.. he does have a isue with chain link fences..:rolleyes: He wants out!:clown: I believe, I have won that battle!

Thank you again and please keep your votes coming in!

Hugs, :pawprint: Harvey and Paula

Shamrock
January 29th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Your sweet boy's got my vote too. Wishing you and Harvey good luck!:fingerscr

Frenchy
January 29th, 2006, 05:24 PM
He is so cute,I just voted.You need more votes,he is now at 6.9.Good luck.Hope he wins.X paws.

Prin
January 29th, 2006, 05:48 PM
I have to say, people aren't very generous with their votes on that site... Some very cute dogs were at 3.9 and stuff like that. I think somebody is going and voting the other dogs down... But then I'm cynical and negative...:o

I voted your baby a 10. You're so great for taking in a doggy who isn't stereotypically perfect.:highfive:

Paulah
January 29th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Thank you all very much!

I think ya'll will get a kick out of this. Harvey has 3 legs, weighs 51 lbs, very muscular in front and he has a big head. This little guy is near perfect except for 1 thing..

He has a issue with fences, chain link or any kind of "boundry" I have totally fixed all of my fences. I had landscape timbers nailed into the ground and the fence is stapled to them.. It is impossible for him to get out.. Well, he was getting out and I could not figure out where..

I have a large deck with a rail with slats. There is at lease a 10' drop.. One of the slat spaces is just a little wider as it is the last one before a post.. I went outside and down the hill and called him.. He ran the fence and then, big as life, I saw a flying, 3 legged dog! Can't believe he did that! I put a huge, heavy planter in front of that space.

I told him he has no business jumping 10', and that he could break his other back leg.. I also told him, don't expect any little cart to come me when you break your good leg! Too funny!

Thanks for hanging in there with me, Paula

Luvmypit
January 30th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Love the story. Determined little guy huh?

He is so sweet looking and I am sure the reason he wasn't adopted is because he didn't find that special person until you came in the door. Congrats b/c he is handsome!
I voted for ya too! I like how your donating the money. Good for you!

chico2
January 30th, 2006, 04:08 PM
He's got my vote too and thank you for adopting this very special dog:thumbs up

Lissa
January 30th, 2006, 04:18 PM
10 from me as well! What a good looking boy!

doggy lover
January 30th, 2006, 06:42 PM
I voted :thumbs up :thumbs up :thumbs up :thumbs up :thumbs up :thumbs up :thumbs up :thumbs up plus 2 more but it wouldn't let me put it on here.

Paulah
January 30th, 2006, 07:49 PM
:pawprint: Gosh, ya'll have been real troopers for Harvey. He is so cool!:cool: He has had to learn so much as this is the 1st time he has been in a home. He had to learn how to climb the stairs, jump on the bed, the words "cookies" and "ice cream"...:thumbs up

I will keep you posted on the "boundry" problem. I THINK I have finally won, but we will see. :fingerscr I have said that before.:( .

The contest ends tomorrow! Looks like the "vigelantes" :evil: were out last night giving "1's", because my boy went from a 7.0 down to a 6.8.:sad: Heck we have 1638 votes! It is like walking in the blind because there is no way of knowing who or how anyone else is doing. I do feel we must be close.

We need some more 10's, so if anyone has any ideas :confused: on where I can get them, let me know.

Thank Yall for your help...

Sincerely, Paula

This has been work! If anyone decides to do this next month, contact me and I will fill you in (if we win)...

Prin
January 30th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Can't we vote once a day? That's how it usually works, no?

Prin
January 30th, 2006, 08:46 PM
I just voted again.. You're at 1641 votes...

cpietra16
January 30th, 2006, 09:00 PM
I tried to vote again but it wouldn't let me either, so I got on as my kids, went back to pets.ca and went to the site via their names. Other than mailing the site to other people I am not sure how to vote again/

Paulah
January 30th, 2006, 09:03 PM
No, you can only vote one time from each computer. I did vote again on my laptop. They have it all figured out, believe me!:rolleyes:

Thanks for the kids votes and thank you for trying. Paula

Prin
January 30th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Oh- really? I used internet explorer once and Mozilla once. For sure I voted twice.

Shamrock
February 7th, 2006, 03:30 PM
I'm sorry to see that Harvey wasnt the January selection in the contest,.. after all your efforts.:sad:
I thought you could only vote once...not once each day, or I would have cast more votes..

But your lovely boy is certainly a winner, to have a loving caring home with you.
The idea to raise funds to donate to a worthy cause was an excellent one.
Maybe you could enter him again for another month..

These online photo contests can be very tough, though - and tricky. I've heard of all kinds of ways people try to "alter" the outcome.
And those were ones that didnt involve any cash.:)

jesse's mommy
February 7th, 2006, 03:50 PM
I tried a few times on different days and it wouldn't allow me to do it more than once, but now that it's done it let me do it again. :confused: