Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

9 year old chose to do her Public Speaking Assignment on Pit bulls

Luvmypit
January 27th, 2006, 12:51 PM
I was just so proud. She came home and said right away about how she was so excited and wanted to show me something. She just started but she is to speak for a public speaking project in front of 3 classes and she chose to speak on behalf of pit bulls. It showed like a web where she puts sentences all around about her main points.

Her points were as follows:
When people ask me what kind of dog I have I say pit bull and they get scared. But when they come over and pet him and he licks them they change there mind.

Pit bulls are not bad dogs its wrong to make them muzzled

Other dogs hurt people not just pit bulls and they shouldn't have to die

My dog is friendly and licks me alot. He even sleeps with me sometimes and sits on me and kisses me when I am crying. Now whats mean about that?

And here is the kicker:

People who dont like my dog dont like him cause there not smart about dogs.

These are all her exact words and ofcourse she has to research and elaborate on all her points. She was so happy to be doing its the first thing she said when she came home yesterday. And suprisingly she must actually listen to me although of course she has her own way of saying things. I think she made almost every valid point of course in kids words. I was just so proud I almost teared up!

She also has the option of presenting to her whole school. I told her we will work on it and if she feels comfortable she can do it in front of the school. Just imagine even having 2 - 3 classes of children getting some real info on pit bulls from one of their peers. I thought it was so cool but hey Im biased shes my step daughter.... and boy am I proud!

seeker
January 27th, 2006, 07:49 PM
That's pretty cute !

jesse's mommy
January 27th, 2006, 07:58 PM
You should be very proud she is teaching her peers about the wonderful qualities pit bulls have! It's so wonderful!

babyrocky1
January 27th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Hmm, I thought I replied to this hours ago:confused: Anyway yeah really cute, also I love the part about the stupid people lOL "out of the mouths of babes" I also thought the rest of it is really sweeet, Maybe she would like to make a poster and we could hang it up at the fundraiser! Way to go "little Luv my pit" LOL:angel:

Luvmypit
January 30th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Ya she was pretty proud to be doing this. I helped her a little after but that was what she originally wrote. I will see what the projects includes whether it be a poster or what not.