Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Newspaper publishes pitbull owners addresses

Georgiapeaches
January 27th, 2006, 11:56 AM
I knew it was only a matter of time before this would happen somewhere.
Had this happened here, the newspaper and author would be working the rest of their lives to pay me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Raj Chohan
Reporting

Save It Email It Print It
(CBS4) COMMERCE CITY, Colo. Some dog owners in Commerce City are expressing concerns that they may be at risk after a newspaper published the addresses of registered pit bull owners. The newspaper said it was trying to protect people from dangerous dogs. Owners of pit bulls felt as though they've been targeted.

Pit bull owners in Commerce City recently had to spend hundreds of dollars to follow the new regulations. Toni Denham, one pit bull owner, said she spent $700 to comply with the new rules and thought she was being a good citizen.

'The Commerce City Gateway' published the home addresses of registered pit bull owners. The paper's editor stands by her decision to report the information.

Kathy McIntyre, the 'Gateway' editor, said she wanted people to be able to use caution in areas where pit bulls live. McIntyre said her research showed pit bull attacks in Commerce City happened mostly at homes where the animals live.

The names on the list are part of the public record. There's no law against publishing them.

Pit bulls are banned in Commerce City under the new regulations. Several dozens were grandfathered in and allowed to stay.

http://cbs4denver.com/topstories/local_story_025083736.html

Prin
January 27th, 2006, 03:43 PM
That editor is a loser. What's his home address?:rolleyes:

twodogsandacat
January 27th, 2006, 04:40 PM
I would be searching 'public records' for any infraction by any staff member of the paper and handing out flyers. Joe T was charged with beating his wife in 2001, Bob J. was convicted of DWI in 1990, Ted F. received a dishonourable discharge from the Marine Corp in 1996....jerk.

In the US nearly everything is 'public record'. Like I said jerk.

babyrocky1
January 27th, 2006, 04:41 PM
I read about this on another site!!! Discusting!!!!!