Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Is it ok to pick up the pup for maybe total of 2hrs in a day?

Cool Surfer
January 24th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Hi friend

Is it ok to pick up the pup for maybe total of 2hrs in a day?

Some one told me not to pick up the pup often as it might
damage their growing bony structure.

Thanks

Lucky Rescue
January 24th, 2006, 11:54 PM
Some one told me not to pick up the pup often as it might
damage their growing bony structure.

Is this the same person who told you not to deworm him?

Please go to Google, and type in "puppy health care"

You should get a lot of correct information there.

Cool Surfer
January 25th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Google opens thousands of pages. But I trust info on one of these forums
more authentic. :)

N infact, iitially i had googled and this forum popped up in the first page. :)

Bushfire2000
January 25th, 2006, 12:07 AM
Doc
It should be fine to pick up the pup as much as you want as long as you're gentle. Remember mcafee is going to be a big dog so be prepared for a Lab that wants to sit on your lap. Do you have a book on puppy care? There are some very good ones out there, some will be breed specific.

Cool Surfer
January 25th, 2006, 12:52 AM
Doc
It should be fine to pick up the pup as much as you want as long as you're gentle. Remember mcafee is going to be a big dog so be prepared for a Lab that wants to sit on your lap. Do you have a book on puppy care? There are some very good ones out there, some will be breed specific.

Ya sure bushfire2000 :)

I will do some lookup on puppy care in google. :angel:

mummummum
January 25th, 2006, 01:11 AM
I just looked at the pix of your wee wiggins - what a sweetie pie - no wonder you're in love. I remember when my grrrls were that wee, they wanted to be snuggled all the time - in fact they would fuss unless I let them sleep on my knees (picture me in my office with my earbud & mike on for a conference call, keying info into laptop while trying to balancing a pup on each thigh !). McAfee's a baby - you cuddle him up as much as you can - the puppydom soon turns into dawglethood and gosh they're sweet when they're that little. He'll let you know when he's had enough lovin' or needs some down-time. So - did you name him for the anti-virus ware or is there a McAfee in somewhere your ancestry ?

Cool Surfer
January 25th, 2006, 01:12 AM
Found this good site.

http://www.placervillevet.com/

Prin
January 25th, 2006, 01:16 AM
I had a look at that site. It's ok, but I find it a bit vague. It says what you should do, but it doesn't give you distinct recommendations. Like for the vaccines, they don't give you a schedule to follow or any particular guidelines. *shrugs*

Cool Surfer
January 25th, 2006, 02:00 AM
I just looked at the pix of your wee wiggins - what a sweetie pie - no wonder you're in love. I remember when my grrrls were that wee, they wanted to be snuggled all the time - in fact they would fuss unless I let them sleep on my knees (picture me in my office with my earbud & mike on for a conference call, keying info into laptop while trying to balancing a pup on each thigh !). McAfee's a baby - you cuddle him up as much as you can - the puppydom soon turns into dawglethood and gosh they're sweet when they're that little. He'll let you know when he's had enough lovin' or needs some down-time. So - did you name him for the anti-virus ware or is there a McAfee in somewhere your ancestry ?

Ya it sure is beautiful.

I thought of many names, but then it suddenly came to my mind as I was working on my PC. So we decided to name him mcafee, pronunciation would be cafee. :) I think it goes well with the personality of labradors.
They can sniff quite well.. right ?

N so can mCafee :angel: