Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bad News Today

Byrd
January 24th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Hey everyone, I got really bad news today.

As of Feb 28 I am basically out of work. Not completely, but my full time position is no longer mine, and I will be in the float pool. Therefore, I am working casual relief (when others are sick or on holidays or whatever). Therefore, my 38 or so hours a week will become who knows what (anywhere from 8-40) with no benefits. I cannot afford to live like this, and can't afford to keep getting screwed around by my workplace. So, I am job hunting!

Energies to help with this would be really appreciated, as right now, I don't even have the energy to think.

If anyone knows of anywhere that is hiring, please let me know.

Thanks.

doggy lover
January 24th, 2006, 05:34 PM
What do you do? If your an RN or such I know we need them badly at work.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 24th, 2006, 07:46 PM
So sorry to hear to that. I did the casual thing for 5 years. Its feast or famine. I usually ended up working full time in the summer and once September hit I was lucky to get one shift a week. Did you check out the HRDC job bank. Not sure if you are in the states or Canada.

I was going to post the link for you but its not working right now. What kind of work would you be looking for.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 24th, 2006, 07:49 PM
So sorry to hear to that. I did the casual thing for 5 years. Its feast or famine. I usually ended up working full time in the summer and once September hit I was lucky to get one shift a week. Did you check out the HRDC job bank.

I was going to post the link for you but its not working right now. What kind of work would you be looking for. If you just want a job to get you through I know there is a call centre in Cambridge but I dont know how far that is from you.

:) Best of luck

BMDLuver
January 24th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Sorry to hear Byrd. Maybe if you say what you do we can make suggestions?

Byrd
January 24th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Sorry, I am in the medical field.... reception, stenographer, visual field technician.

I am looking for anything as long as it's relatively 9-5 (busy with willow's training), and pays at least $15/hour.

I'm not being picky... it's just that I can barely survive right now at 38 hours @ $17/hour.... sooo I can't imagine less.

I did the floating thing for a very looooong time. Yup, feast or famine, one time had 16 days straight (101 hours in two weeks), another time I had 14 in two weeks.... can't survive on that!

Prin
January 24th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Sending good vibes. :fingerscr :fingerscr :pawprint: :pawprint: I hope you find a new job soon.

Bushfire2000
January 24th, 2006, 11:15 PM
Aww Byrd. That's terrible and just when things were going so good with your life again.

Shamrock
January 24th, 2006, 11:55 PM
Byrd, what an upsetting thing to happen, I'm so sorry for all the uncertainty this brings with it.
My best wishes and all positive vibes go out to you.:fingerscr

Maybe something better will come up, Byrd.
As distressing as it is..sometime these things turn out to be a blessing in disguise.
My niece was shocked and devastated when she was fired from her long-term position, (on her birthday, no less) and newly divorced and on her own..very scared for her financial future.
A better paying job with more opportunites materialized in less than a month.

Here's hoping the same for you!:fingerscr :fingerscr

maddoxies
January 25th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Byrd, I was born and raised in Oshawa AND I am moving back there as of this Friday. I will shake the trees for my old contacts and see what falls out.

Rick C
January 25th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Good luck with your search Byrd.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Byrd
January 25th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Thanks everyone!

Goldengirl: Thank you soooo much!

Bushfire: Rule of my life, nothing can be good without something bad to balance it out.

Frenchy
January 25th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Byrd,I talk to my gang about your situation,so now there is 16 paws X for a new,better paying job for you.Hope it works out.

Luvmypit
January 26th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Can you get yourself on UI in the mean time???

I wish you the best of luck!

AliSam
January 26th, 2006, 03:47 PM
I live in the Oshawa area. I can keep my eyes peeled or ask some friends.

Byrd
January 26th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Thanks again everyone.

I have made a plan... See, I'm going to Egypt in April, so can't start a new job and then say "oh, by the way...." so I have decided to see. If I get full time within my current setting before then, great, if I don't, I will seriously start looking. I am going to sit tight for two months though... I know that I will have at least 3 1/2 days of work in the meantime.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 26th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Eygypt thats exciting my brother is there right now sailing if you see him be sure to say his name is Bill. :D

Hope things work out for you in the meantime. Good luck