Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Counter Surfing

jessi76
January 24th, 2006, 01:10 PM
that's right, Tucker's newest.... counter surfing.

I was outside this weekend calling one of our cats in, when I notice something in my kitchen window... I did a double-take... sure enough, there's Tucker, doing the excited wiggle-butt dance on my kitchen counter.

I wish I got a picture, but I was busy nearly having a stroke at the fact that my 45lb DOG was on my kitchen COUNTER.

we are due to start pre-agility training... somehow, I don't think we'll have any problems with agility.

Prin
January 24th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Hee hee.. Doggies... They're like cats in disguise sometimes.:crazy:

jessi76
January 24th, 2006, 01:44 PM
my bf thinks he learned it from the cats (although no pets are allowed on the counters, they all manage to get up their furry-butts into forbidden zones) ... but the counter surfing was just the tip of crazy-mountain.... the day went on like this:

counter-surf.
give mommy a stroke.
break run.
give mommy another stroke.
run into horse pasture across the street.
bark at horses.
eat horse poo.
make daddy crawl under the fence and through the horse poo in his pj's to get me.
get back in the house - more counter-surfing (now w/ horse poo paws)
at bedtime, growl like a psycho at myself in the bedroom mirror for an hour while everyone is trying to sleep.

Prin
January 24th, 2006, 01:50 PM
lol That doggy's got issues.:crazy:

Luvmypit
January 24th, 2006, 02:48 PM
lol that is funny jessi!

The people behind us have two dogs a chocolate lab and a small dog. I have seen the choco lab on the kitchen table on numerous occasions. I give the dog the Im not gonna tell your daddy ;) and let him continue on. I wonder if they know! lol

jawert1
January 24th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Ok I need to not read things like this when on conference calls - just burst out laughing and the folks on the other end were like "huh? there's nothing amusing about routers?" Thanks for the laugh jessi :)

doggy lover
January 24th, 2006, 03:34 PM
I think the cats do it when your not home and Tucker thought what the heck me too. Yep I blame the cats. You would be surprised how high a dog can jump from a standing position though.:D

jessi76
January 24th, 2006, 03:52 PM
You would be surprised how high a dog can jump from a standing position though.:D

that's just it, we were astounded by the jump.... it was effortless. I must admit, it was cool to see... but the kitchen counter?! soooo not cool.

needless to say my counters are now booby-trapped w/ cans of pennies and tupperware towers.

doggy lover
January 24th, 2006, 03:55 PM
My Tucker can jump onto my truck tailgate from a stand no problem, and in and out of the trailer with the back up. Just like a deer thats what it reminds me of:p

mafiaprincess
January 24th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Cider does that... Jumps onto a desk to get the broken toys in the 'ER' back to play with.. Onto the dining room table at inopportune mments, but never when I'm around.. she knows better. And lastly, the kitchen counter..

People have told me its impossible, but it's my little baby gate hopper, ex pen climber..

Doesn't need a running start. Ground one minute.. up where she doesn't belong the next.

Writing4Fun
January 24th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Yup, I've got a bouncer too. She laughs in the face of baby gates. If he's anything like my Phoebe, your dog will love agility! Luckily, she never actually got all 4 paws on the counter or table (at least, not that I know of :eek: ). She just puts her front paws up and very gingerly sneaks off whatever goody she wants - usually a loaf of bread. I've learned that no amount of booby traps will stop my little Wile E. Coyote, so I just put the bread behind the toaster. Out of sight, out of mind, I guess. Yeah, I tried the cans with pennies on a piece of cardboard. I even tempted her with a really yummy peanut butter sandwich, and then hid around a corner to watch. She walked over, sniffed out the sandwich, stood up on her hind legs without touching the cardboard, assessed the situation and then got back down. She thought about it for a couple of seconds, then stood back up (again without touching the cardboard) and very gently moved the cardboard out of the way with her nose. When the coast was clear, she put her paws on the counter and reached for the sandwich. What the heck am I supposed to do against that kind of brain power?? :confused: ;) She can even tell when I've booby trapped a piece of food with hot sauce and completely avoids it. *sigh!*

jesse's mommy
January 24th, 2006, 09:16 PM
I have seen Jesse on our kitchen table because she was being ignored (we had company that we were talking to and she got mad). I've also caught her on the pool table. I haven't let daddy know how many times I've actually seen her up there because it REALLY upsets him. I usually just scoot her off of it and say no (with a laugh behind the stern no). :eek: