Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 23rd, 2006, 11:04 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10994574/

Prin
January 23rd, 2006, 11:20 PM
I don't understand why he's the worst dog. Sounds like a lab to me.:confused:

rivers
January 24th, 2006, 10:11 AM
well, I haven't read the book yet, maybe there is more than what is in this article, but to call the dog the worst dog ever?
He sounds normal to me!

HunterXHunter
January 30th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Last week, after reading about the book "Marley & Me", I immediately went online and purchased the book, which finally arrived on Friday.

I decided to wait until this morning before I started reading it as it takes me about an hour on the TTC to get to work (one way). I figured it would take me at least a few days before I'd finish it. When I arrived at work, I realised that everyone in my department that was Chinese and my supervisor (who's Indian), had taken the day off (maybe hung over from a Chinese Lunar year party :party: ?), leaving me, the only Chinese person here right now, and this white guy in the office :cool:. Since there was no real work to be done today, I just sat back and did some more reading of "Marley & Me".

The book is reallly good and as an owner of a 5 month old male golden, I could relate to some of his stories. Its been 5 hours since I started reading it and I'm finished 2/3 of the book :eek:. In the past few hours, it's made me laugh (out loud, to the point that the white guy is giving me weird looks), and cry (well, not really, but made me really sad at a few parts of the book). It should be finished by tomorrow morning :D and I just want to recommend this book for all you animal (esp. doggie) lovers out there.

joeysmama
January 31st, 2006, 07:03 PM
I just picked this book up today. I have book club on Thursday and it's my month to choose our next book. I'm probably going to go with To Kill a Mockingbird but I bought Marley and Me and The Curious Incident of The Dog in the Night Time (I probably ahve the title all wrong) But I think I'm going to start Marley and Me tonight. Thanks for the recommendation.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 1st, 2006, 12:28 AM
I just ordered it from Amazon. :D

joanna
February 1st, 2006, 03:11 AM
I really enjoyed this book... read it in a couple of hours..
Maybe because I'm too sentimental, I did cry several times.

I don't want to go too much into detail so I don't ruin it for anyone.. but I don't think he's the worst dog in anyway...

It's such a beautiful memoir for a canine family member.

HunterXHunter
February 1st, 2006, 12:35 PM
Well, it's finished and what a great book it was! I must say though, that I struggled a bit to hold back those tears near the end. Thanks Joey.E.CockersMommy for the initial post otherwise I would probably never have known about it :thumbs up

.unknown.
February 1st, 2006, 09:35 PM
awe.... I'm confident this book would make me cry. I was reading the article and it sounds like both of my dogs.

Awe.. everyday i am reminded how special these creatures are.

Living life without inhibition or shame...

<3

who knew some of the most important life lessons i would learn were from my dogs?

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 13th, 2006, 10:40 PM
What an awesome book , makes me love my crazy spaniel even more - he is the worlds worst spaniel you know. :D :evil: :D