Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Work rant

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 23rd, 2006, 08:07 PM
Any ideas. Last pay period my work shorted me 30 hours. They are now telling me that the computer says I only worked 60 hours, and basically the computer is right and I am wrong so sucks to be me. I even worked overtime and they are paying me less than my regular 80 hours. What should I do if ist short a few hours its not a big deal to me but this is pretty major. :mad:

wdawson
January 23rd, 2006, 08:28 PM
work 90hrs.......paid for 60 , mmmmmmmm next time work 50hrs and bill 80......lol........can you verify other than in the computer that you worked later?
ie: talked to a client late in the day , made a sale at a certain time of day ect.

Prin
January 23rd, 2006, 10:09 PM
I would fight for it. But then I'm free to quit and move on whenever I please (my expenses are low and I don't have kids). You can't be pushed over all the time, IMO.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 23rd, 2006, 10:27 PM
I am definately going to fight for it seeing as they owe to me, and I am there for every shift. I start early and leave late. So its a bit of a kick in the face. I dont have the option to quit either until I find another job. They got a new system that logs your hours and it totally messed up peoples hours including mine.

Iggette
January 24th, 2006, 06:13 AM
Personally I would go to the labour board see what your legal rights are and if there are any special procedures you must follow.
Then I would talk to all the employees a meeting of sorts lets them all know what happened and find out who it has happened to, as a group force hopefully you will get managments attention that there IS a problem with thier computer system and hopefully they will offer to resolve the situation in a timely matter,
And ( Like the person above said ) get proof that you worked those hours any way you can to help prove your case.:thumbs up