Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Total Rudeness

pitbulliest
January 23rd, 2006, 02:58 PM
Hey Guys...just thought I would share my little story with you.

I was taking messina out for a walk around the building today just to do her business...of course, she was on muzzle and on leash...

I was walking on the sidewalk near the back entrance of the building and one of the construction workers who fixes things in the building walks past messina and myself and she kinda sniffed at his foot.....he then makes a loud WOOOF noise at my dog. She got a little startled and sort of backed off...

I turned towards him and asked:
"Why did you do that to her?"...I was being very calm and polite mind you...

So he looks at me and kinda smirks and says "DID WHAT?!"

And I told him that what he did was not a proper way to behave around a dog, and that many dogs could get frightened by what he just did.....its like he was trying to get a reaction from her!

So he looks at me and says "Well did you ever think that maybe I"m afraid of dogs?!"...and I say "What does that have to do with anything? She's on leash and on muzzle, and you're the one that walked past us...what are you trying to do?!"

And he's like "do what?"...he was trying to play off all stupid...and so I repeated myself by saying "Why did you make that loud barking noise at my dog for no reason?"...

And you know what this a**h*** said? He's like, (and I quote)

"WELL TOO F-ING BAD!"

And he walks off...

What a total arse hole..I didn't even bother saying anything..I just walked away...but I'm fricken pizzed off...I wrote a letter to the building management, but I don't know if I should submit it or what I should do..what do you guys think? This a**h*** had the nerve to tease my dog for no reason, and then give ME attitude and swear at me...what the heck?! :evil:

Luvmypit
January 23rd, 2006, 03:48 PM
Letter to the building and the construction company. Its a small thing but its important that he remains professional while working and that was unprofessional to say the least.

To me he was trying to provoke your dog. He probably didn't think to much about it but still I would write a letter.

StaceyB
January 23rd, 2006, 04:04 PM
That was very rude of him, do you think he would have done it is she wasn't muzzled probably not.

seeker
January 23rd, 2006, 05:55 PM
Write the letter but be calm when you do . "Just the facts ma'am"

gottahavepets
January 23rd, 2006, 06:23 PM
If you write the letter, keep it at least overnight, wait until you've calmed down, then read it again, if it needs editing to sound more polite then do so. You have a valid concern and it should be addressed. However you want your complaint to be treated seriously so make sure it's worded the best way possible to get the right response. You could do two letters, the one you really want to send, then the other more pc letter that may actually get a decent response.:fingerscr

The guy obviously was trying to get a reaction out of your dog and you don't want the kind of response he was hoping for. Some people just have no brains.
You don't want your dog afraid of every man who goes by, believe me, Nikki is totally afraid of men and it's almost impossible to walk her past a construction site or downtown. :sad:

I really feel for all the pittie owner's over there. I keep hoping they decide to trash that stupid ban and decide to crack down on irresponsible dog owners instead! They're the ones who should have to wear muzzles, them and people like the guy who teased your dog.:mad:

lezzpezz
January 23rd, 2006, 06:32 PM
If you don't address this act of rudeness, how can it be prevented in the future? The management needs to know if their employees are acting like total pinheads. He is a representative of this company. I'm sure they would want to know about this behaviour and reprimand him accordingly. If you don't speak up, (and no one else usually does, in these sorts of circumstances!), then he just gets to carry on being an idiot. He certainly is NOT the kind of person I would want representing my company!

Look at it this way: have you ever seen the transport trucks that say: "Problem with my driving? Call 1-800-***-****". This is the effort the company makes to ensure that their employees are law-abiding, courteous drivers. They WANT to know. They NEED to know. So you have an opportunity here to let this jacka**'s company deal with this brutish behaviour.

What if he does it again to your dog or another? Now you have scared dogs, and for what? Because some ape wants to act macho and thinks it's funny?? Well, it's not!

Go Get 'Em!:thumbs up