Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My puppy is very sick

La Donna
October 27th, 2003, 11:30 PM
My Puppy is very sick.. I bought two female pyranese pups I don't think that is how you spell it but anyways..
One of them is not eating I am making her drink and it is hard for her to do anything she is doing right circles constantly.
She doesnt want us touching her and she is tripping and bumbing into stuff like she is blind when she does eat she only eats on her left side.
I have given her shots b-12 penicillin. I am giving her drinks with a turkey baster.
The only vet that is within miles is not very smart he thinks prayer cures everything.
she also acts like it hurts when we try to pet her.... My hubby is calling her clyde cause she only makes right turns..what do I do?
Please help? Is their any way possible it is an ear ache or a tooth ache??

Carina
October 28th, 2003, 06:49 AM
Wow - I have no clue but it sounds serious - there MUST be another vet you can go to?

I'm assuming you did not get these puppies from a reputable source, otherwise the seller would be helping you out.

I wish you luck, it doesn't sound like penicillin is going to do much good.

virbenl
October 28th, 2003, 11:57 AM
Hi,
Did you check the ears?
I did see in a television programma about vets that a dog had the same symptoms as yours because of a very bad ear infection.
hope you will find solution soon.

homer
October 28th, 2003, 12:55 PM
Hi I did a bit of searching for you.

EVERYTHING I turned up says that this is extremely serious and the dog needs a new vet exam Immediately.

Some of the possible things it sounds like include
- bad ear infection or ear mite infestation.
- brain injury, neurolical disorders, and encephalitis

Some of these ailments are much easier to treat than others, but the longer the wait the worse off the dog will be.

I also agree with Carina, check with the breeder for possible signs of illness with other dogs or littermates.

Homer

CanadianK9info
October 28th, 2003, 01:44 PM
I totally agree with what the other posters have said... this is serious and needs immediate vet attention. I would also recommend that you keep the two pups separate just in case this is communicable. Have you contacted the breeder? A responsible breeder would want to know about this (odd they would sell you two pups though??) Good luck, please let us know the outcome of this.