Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Just wondering

Wayne McCooeye
January 21st, 2006, 10:31 AM
Just wondering if anyone has heard of www.exclusivebreeders.com I am looking for a place and they are offering 3 months free. Any thoughts?

Thanks

mastifflover
January 21st, 2006, 02:24 PM
Well I personally think you can do all they will do for you and it is not like you are not paying for this service. You can check out breeders through the CKC and ask for references of past customers if this is a problem for them or say they don't want to intrude on their privacy then run away. The parents should be on hand or should be made available for your viewing these are all practices of reputable breeders. There are usually waiting lists for these breeders and they will interview like you are adopting a child well I guess you are if puppies are available right away it makes me very leary. When you do the searching yourself you educate yourself along the way and good breeders will answer your million questions with patience because they want there dogs to go to good homes. I hope you ae one of these breeders.These dogs will be guaranteed from health problems because they have been tested for the problems that are known to specific breeds. Example: You certainly do not want to buy a Mastiff with no testing on there hips since it could cost you thousands of dollars per leg let alone the discomfort and pain for the dog. Now having said all that I think that you would put yourself at risk of being lumped into a group if they are not all reputable and that is the impression I get from these types of sites. I am lucky I am an educated consumer and do my homework but I say no to this site. I would not even go into it if I was looking to purchase.

Prin
January 21st, 2006, 03:53 PM
I don't think it's a good idea because you won't learn how to look for a good breeder on your own. YOU won't be able to tell the good from the bad. Life is about learning, isn't it?

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 21st, 2006, 08:03 PM
I think its a good idea, but you want to do research on your own too. If your looking for a particular breed see if there is an assocation for that breed on the net. You can usually contact people on there and they would be happy to answer questions for you.