Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rain,Ice my rant

Lise
January 21st, 2006, 08:25 AM
Okay,I can't handle anymore rain/freezing rain or any other non snow precip.It is a skating rink here every dog in the kennel now understands the command go slowly very well.You know the stuff that is safe for dog feet that you can put on ice,well with a layer of water it doesn't work.The horses field has a lake in it about ten feet wide and way over my boots (found that one out hauling hay to them two days ago)We got hay last night unloading it outside in the dark was fun,realized we'd rolled last bail(800lbs)on top of tarp we used to cover it.Dug tarp out from under bail.covered hay.more rain.Any way there's more but I have to go walk dogs and feed horses in the rain.I wish we could have a normal winter!!

Prin
January 21st, 2006, 03:12 PM
Yeah, it's been pretty nuts..

melanie
January 22nd, 2006, 03:46 PM
mels little rant goes like this.....

oh i wish it would rain and be really cold with ice and snow, anything but this.

we have had so many 40-45deg celcius days here its really starting to get me down, i dread the day time. im usually great with the heat but this summer im not coping at all, its just wiping me out (add 3 degrees for the pregnancy). new years day was 45 and i had 2 little kids here, poor buggers spent the day between the cold water in the bath tub and the kitchen floor, yep i set up a bed on the floor on the tiles and did not move. yuck

im fat, hot, uncomfy and just wanna sleep in a nice cold environment. this poor dog does not see the outside of the house in the days... and their saying feb will be alot worse due to higher humidity predicitons. oh yay, yeah im really happy with that one.

they say this is the hottest summer in recorded history, just my luck, the next baby will be better timed i assure you... blah im just over it...

gotta hate global warming, its screwing us all up....

today i will lock myself in my room, the only one i can get to cool.... and just wait for the sun to set, oh bring on the night....

i wanna move to canada today:(

Lise
January 22nd, 2006, 05:44 PM
I can understand how you feel .I was pregnant during one of our hottest summers on record.I love our normal winters here.Lots of snow even cold it's beautiful,we had a day like that today.We get both extremes here too.Our summers are getting hotter and drier and our winters seem warmer and wetter.Pretty scary if you think about what we're leaving our kids and grandkids.

maddoxies
January 22nd, 2006, 06:29 PM

You are describing the summer we just came through. How about we send a bit of the ice your way and you send a bit of that heat up here.

The front steps and sidewalk are dangerous. My dogs have not been outside in days either (love that washable pee pad). I have to move on Friday and the front steps have about 2 inches of ice on them. The gravel the landlord puts down is useless. It is under the inch of rain that fell and then froze yesterday :sad:

Technically, on Friday, I am between jobs. If I slip and fall on the ice, no medical insurance - fun. Good thing I have not packed my golf cleats yet.

mafiaprincess
January 22nd, 2006, 07:44 PM
I may be out of a job in 7-10 days.. We have no windows of time to make snow.. no natural snow is planning to fall... and it's so wam we are melting out the hill..
oh, and we have to kick a million tobogganers out daily, cause they keep coming in flocks since we actually have some snow still..

glasslass
January 22nd, 2006, 08:22 PM
I won't even open my mouth about what a beautiful, sunny day we had here today! UhhUh! Not ME!:D

Prin
January 23rd, 2006, 01:13 AM
Technically, on Friday, I am between jobs. If I slip and fall on the ice, no medical insurance - fun. Good thing I have not packed my golf cleats yet.I'm not 100% sure of this but I have heard that your health insurance still covers you either 15 or 30 days after you quit... Maybe? You might want to give them a call and ask.

Today was a beautiful day.. I hope some montrealers got out to enjoy it.. As good as a winter day can get...

twodogsandacat
January 23rd, 2006, 08:30 AM
I use these for ice and they are working out great.

http://www.brucemedical.com/yaproicetr.html

Rick C
January 23rd, 2006, 09:25 AM
mels little rant goes like this.....

oh i wish it would rain and be really cold with ice and snow, anything but this.

we have had so many 40-45deg celcius days here its really starting to get me down, i dread the day time. im usually great with the heat but this summer im not coping at all, its just wiping me out (add 3 degrees for the pregnancy). new years day was 45 and i had 2 little kids here, poor buggers spent the day between the cold water in the bath tub and the kitchen floor, yep i set up a bed on the floor on the tiles and did not move. yuck

im fat, hot, uncomfy and just wanna sleep in a nice cold environment. this poor dog does not see the outside of the house in the days... and their saying feb will be alot worse due to higher humidity predicitons. oh yay, yeah im really happy with that one.

they say this is the hottest summer in recorded history, just my luck, the next baby will be better timed i assure you... blah im just over it...

gotta hate global warming, its screwing us all up....

today i will lock myself in my room, the only one i can get to cool.... and just wait for the sun to set, oh bring on the night....

My gift to you Melanie is the picture below. About minus two Celcius and a blanket of freshly fallen snow, Keeper emerging into a clearing next to the Rockies, taken a week ago.

When it gets too hot, you can pull this up and wrap yourself in it like a cold ice cube.

http://www.goldentales.ca/07770138_edited-1.jpg

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

melanie
January 23rd, 2006, 03:54 PM
oh im such a whinger, but i cant help it, sorry guys i really try not to, i know it can get too cold there, i would probably whinge if i were there too...

thanks rick, beautiful pic, i must print it for the fridge door, then i can open the freezer while viewing for added effect:D

but today there is a slight breeze (oh so slight but i know its there and that helps), and the news man said there would be a late change, yeah well there better be, i could use it... that weather man really needs to be changed, hes so wrong most of the time, i swear he makes it up so he doesnt get jump;ed in the streets for beign the bearer of bad news.

today im going to the shops to find a kids wading pool, i konw the drought is on, and we have severe water restrictions, but crap they cant blame me surely, i wont fill it all the way, jsut enough to jdunk myself in... (will have to hide it from the neighbors or they will report me, but i will take the $200 fine for some comfort anyday, bugger it).

now make sure you stay warm you lot, nothing worse than beign cold and sick, so jackets on, nice thick socks and goodness dont go getting wet playing in snow or anything like that.:D (get sick and ive no one to whinge to).

Prin
January 23rd, 2006, 03:59 PM
They can't fine a woman who is preggers and is suffering more than anybody!!
Here's another cold pic for you...