Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I Can't Stand Ignorant Uncaring People...

jesse's mommy
January 20th, 2006, 10:54 PM
So, here's the background before I get to the story. I have to pick the in-laws up at 7:30 tomorrow morning so I decide to go out to my stores tonight (I'm a sales rep for those who didn't know) and do my work. As I'm driving down a busy road (not quite a highway, but very busy) I see something standing on the side of the road -- A DOG! Well of course I have to stop to rescue it right? (which I'm notorious for -- I'll have to post the story about me causing a major traffic jam on a highway rescuing a dog after being in Florida for a week.) So I stop and I can tell the dog is very nice, but wasn't too sure of me at first, so I bribed him with Cheez Its. I usually have biscuits in my car, but I just got a new car and didn't bring them in there yet, but I picked up cheez-its from a store today so I used them. Well of course the dog loved them and I totally gained his trust. He was sitting for them and catching them. He was such a good dog and well taken care of -- very clean. So then I asked him if he wanted to go for a ride and he immediately jumps into my jeep. I drive into the neighborhood that is closest to where I found him and saw a light on in one of the houses (it's 9:30 at night by this time). So I take a chance and walk up to the door and knock. The neighbor was coming out anyway to take his dog for a walk and I ask him if he recognizes the dog and fortunately he does and shows me where the house it. He then proceeds to thank me for getting the dog and tells me that these people just let the dog run through the neighborhood and just lost another labe a few weeks ago because it got hit by a car ON THE SAME ROAD I PICKED THIS DOG UP!!! I take the dog to the house and knock on the door. The daughter answers (around 8 years old) and I ask her if she lost something and she just looks at me and the dog runs into the house. Then I told her that I found the dog on the highway and that they really should walk the dog on a leash and keep an eye on him in their yard. What does she do next? Just says thanks and shuts the door on my face. I know she was a child, but the thing that got me is that she didn't care one bit and I know that she gets that from her parents!!! I just can't stand people like this. They shouldn't be permitted to have pets. This gets me so mad!

Here is a perfect example to my phrase below. Stupid people have stupid children, hence all the ignorance in the world!!!

Thanks for letting me vent!

mummummum
January 20th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Well good on ya Jesse's Mommy - you did your good deed - who knows what might have happened to that doggie if you hadn't come along. I know the last time I picked up a dog - also on a major road running through traffic - it took an hour to get anybody to answer the phone (at 8:00 am.!) they didn't know their dog was missing and then it took them an hour to SEND THE MAID IN A CAB !!!!! Like I say, there ought to be a test before people are allowed to have children and/or animals. I wonder if calling the local Animal Services folks in the morning and letting them know what you did and what the neighbour told you might help send them a message ?

Prin
January 21st, 2006, 02:06 AM
Poor doggie. What a crappy home. You did what you could do. People suck.

I got that from my neighbor when I returned their old doggy for the 4th or 5th time since we moved here this summer. Usually the mom thanks me, but the son just took the dog inside and shut the door without saying a word (he's probably in his 30's). But I'll keep bringing him home because I can't just leave him roaming around- he's so old and deaf- too dangerous to be out alone.

joeysmama
January 21st, 2006, 07:29 AM
When my children were 8 years old they would never have been the ones to answer the door at the time of night !!! Or anytime after dark. These people are irresponsible on all counts.

In my opinion, they shouldn't have pets or children. I know that sounds harsh, but there are some people who just go through life with no sense of responsiblity and think that if a dog (or a child) is housed and fed that they're doing their job.

Burns me up !!!

Beautygirl
January 22nd, 2006, 05:11 PM
This really bugs me too. In the town we live in, the pet owners are pretty good. In my hometown which is a 2 minute drive from where I live now, the dogs are always on the run. We saw one of the dogs in our yard last week. I told dh, if I saw it down here again, I was calling the SPCA. Those people shouldn't even have dogs, they don't take care of them and they are off bothering others and looking for food. :mad: