Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cable TV confused....

raingirl
January 19th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Grr...

so..In my area the only option for CHEAP tv (basic cable) is Rogers. If I want anything else, I have to pay somewhere for digital or satelite or something.

To tell you the truth, I am SOOOO out of the loo on current TV options.

I was on the Rogers website just now seeing how much it would cost to upgrade so I could have Food TV and some other speciality channels. I just spent 25 minutes trying to find out why I could only find "Digital basic cable" and not "regular basic cable" and the reason is that Rogers doesn't offer NON-digital basic cable anymore, which is funny SINCE WE HAVE IT!

Aparently, according to their records, we are paying for digital cable (news to me!) Yet, we don't get any of the features that they say digital basic cable has, like digital radio, etc, because we don't have a digital decoder. At least, that's what I think it says...

I'm confused.

Anway, it would cost us more than DOUBLE our monthly bill to add specialty channels, and I don't see why I should have to pay to add 30 channels when I only want 2 of them! Grr....

I want the food network. Anyone have a PVR that wants to tape it all for me and send me acopy?

babyrocky1
January 19th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Our Co-op just signed a deal with Rogers, now I have a cable box that I don't know how to use, the thing goes up to 800 and something, I think most of it you have to pay for so the bottom line is it now takes me longer to find the same shows that I used to watch before we got the extra. I watch cp24 and showcase but not the dirty stuffLOL

babyrocky1
January 19th, 2006, 09:45 PM
I think it is digital cable but makes no difference on my crappy old t.v. . we had basic cable before too but I think when your contract runs out they dont renew it with anything but digitial. I might have the food network, I havent figured that out yet, I have the space channed and HGTV if food comes along with that package, formerly known as Me tv then I have it but I only have a VCR.

Prin
January 20th, 2006, 01:19 AM
That was the original draw of satellite- you could buy the basic package and then the bundles are about $6 each and there are 5 or 6 channels per bundle. If it's one of the new digital channels, you can get it alone. We just have basic English for $31/month (4 years ago it was $15.99...:rolleyes: ). You might want to shop around because as a new customer, you usually can get some sort of deal on the equipment (not a 2nd receiver though- those can be expensive).

wdawson
January 20th, 2006, 09:52 PM
if you go with star choice.......you will get a basic box and installation for about 80.00 then the free credits apply(not really free) but you end up with movie credits that amount to about 50.00......the the package you need to purchase that includes the food channel is 39.99 a month,and you will get 40 music channels.