Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Play With Me Now!!!!

angie79
January 19th, 2006, 10:14 AM
mini schnauzers are known to be really vocal... but does anyone have a dog like cooper who comes with all his toys and play barks til you play with him and if you ignor him he gets louder and brings more toys!!!!
ande loves to jump on the bed with toys in his face....lol hes like a real kid...

he has so much attiude .....
:pawprint:

Bushfire2000
January 19th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Yup as I type Cocoa has decided it's play time and is bringing her ball and pillow and Lacey pillow and Busters pillow hoping one of them will make me play with her.

"O.K. I'll throw the ball once then you go play with someone else."

"Buster wants his pillow back. Go play with him."

StaceyB
January 19th, 2006, 10:22 AM
If he continues to get no responce from you it should eventually stop. If you don't want the squeal then I would ignore him when he does this. It will always get worse before it stops. This is called an extinction burst.

angie79
January 19th, 2006, 10:25 AM
i dont want to discourage him from playing...
trying to teach him hold on...
so he knows in a minute or so i will be with him..

SchnauzerGirl
January 19th, 2006, 03:13 PM
:D Schultz doesn't bark at me when he wants to play, but he will bring a toy over and keep on throwing it on the ground to get my attention. If that doesn't work, he then starts bumping into my leg with the toy in his mouth. It is pretty cute, although it doesn't always work! He eventually gives up if it doesn't work and goes and chews his bone.

Schultz is more vocal when he sees other dogs that he wants to play with :D

rivers
January 19th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Ebony is just starting to show all her tricks and habits, so she doesn't do that with her toys yet. But she loves to be outside.

She'll go outside, and then turn around and scratch on the glass door until I open it (thinking she wants to come inside again), but she jumps backwards and barks at me, as if saying I must come and play with her outside. yeh right! Maybe when the blizzard has passed, Ebony? You go have fun now! lol :D
I can't wait for spring to come, we are going to have so much fun outside together...like as I'm planting in the garden, she'll probably be ripping them out! :rolleyes:

SchnauzerGirl
January 19th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Oh yeh, when Schultz was a little puppy, he would help his grandpa and grandma do their gardening in the back yard, which was a problem later on as he felt that it was ok to dig things up. If you don't want Ebony to dig, catch her in the act and have a pop can with pennies in it and chuck it near her and say NO! It worked like a charm for me! He also knew what the word NO meant after that cos it scared the beegeezies out of him!

rivers
January 19th, 2006, 07:45 PM
I can just imagine! Good tip :thumbs up

I am quite partial to the water spray bottle. She hasn't a clue where that wet spot on her back came from :confused: and from what direction! :D
Now and again I use it on my boys to get them to listen too! lol:angel:

SchnauzerGirl
January 19th, 2006, 07:51 PM
:eek: Hahahah, I should try that on my boyfriend!

rivers
January 19th, 2006, 08:14 PM
careful he might get angry! hint hint :D