Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

windy weather

Rottielover
January 19th, 2006, 09:45 AM
So ... with the crazy weather going on. ( mother nature playing nasty tricks) who has been going outside very often. This morning I tried to walk Harley with the baby, and the stroller almost blew away. Harley at 102 lbs was being blown. He peed all over himself. LOL....

angie79
January 19th, 2006, 09:53 AM
ahh i had plans to go to beaver lake this afternnon to go skating ....

guess thats going to be called off !@!!:mad:

Rottielover
January 19th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Bring a wind breaker, and spread your arms, you do not have to do any of the work, you will just sail. LOL

Prin
January 20th, 2006, 12:25 AM
Last night around 2 or 3 AM, it was nearly a white out here. I went to wake up my boyfriend and by the time we got back to the window, it was totally clear. Just nutty.:crazy:

Prin
January 20th, 2006, 12:27 AM
See? You can barely see the houses across the street... (sorry for the pic quality- I couldn't see what I was shooting because it was dark and there was a bunch of snow stuck to the window too...)

maddoxies
January 20th, 2006, 07:40 AM
The wind was howling, the windows were rattling and whistling, the lights were flickering and we were one of the areas that experienced thunder also. Somewhere during all this, I realized that Heidi Ho Ho was shaking like a leaf. She was not cold (ears were warm to touch). I wrapped her up in a blankie and held her in my arms. I think I figured out what the problem was. We dont know her real age, but she is atleast 6 years old and from South Carolina -- I think she has experienced a hurricane in her past and the sounds triggered the memories/fright.

One of my goldens was beyond terrified of thunderstorms. She came from Orangeville, Ont and had been home alone (as a puppy) when that big tornado came through there (years ago).

It is so frustrating when they are afraid like that and we can not explain that everything will be alright. I am glad though that Heidi settled down once she was in my arms - she does trust "mummy".

Prin
January 20th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Poor Heidi Ho Ho!! I'm glad she has such a great mom now though (and no more hurricanes!):thumbs up