- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

windy weather

January 19th, 2006, 08:45 AM
So ... with the crazy weather going on. ( mother nature playing nasty tricks) who has been going outside very often. This morning I tried to walk Harley with the baby, and the stroller almost blew away. Harley at 102 lbs was being blown. He peed all over himself. LOL....

January 19th, 2006, 08:53 AM
ahh i had plans to go to beaver lake this afternnon to go skating ....

guess thats going to be called off !@!!:mad:

January 19th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Bring a wind breaker, and spread your arms, you do not have to do any of the work, you will just sail. LOL

January 19th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Last night around 2 or 3 AM, it was nearly a white out here. I went to wake up my boyfriend and by the time we got back to the window, it was totally clear. Just nutty.:crazy:

January 19th, 2006, 11:27 PM
See? You can barely see the houses across the street... (sorry for the pic quality- I couldn't see what I was shooting because it was dark and there was a bunch of snow stuck to the window too...)

January 20th, 2006, 06:40 AM
The wind was howling, the windows were rattling and whistling, the lights were flickering and we were one of the areas that experienced thunder also. Somewhere during all this, I realized that Heidi Ho Ho was shaking like a leaf. She was not cold (ears were warm to touch). I wrapped her up in a blankie and held her in my arms. I think I figured out what the problem was. We dont know her real age, but she is atleast 6 years old and from South Carolina -- I think she has experienced a hurricane in her past and the sounds triggered the memories/fright.

One of my goldens was beyond terrified of thunderstorms. She came from Orangeville, Ont and had been home alone (as a puppy) when that big tornado came through there (years ago).

It is so frustrating when they are afraid like that and we can not explain that everything will be alright. I am glad though that Heidi settled down once she was in my arms - she does trust "mummy".

January 20th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Poor Heidi Ho Ho!! I'm glad she has such a great mom now though (and no more hurricanes!):thumbs up