Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Turn the lights on?

.unknown.
January 18th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Ok, so this is sort of a pet peeve my Mom has when i lived at home with my Luna, and now when i come to visit.

When i let the dogs out, i turn on the back porch light if it's night time. She gets after me saying stuff like, "They can see better in the dark!", "They're just dogs!", "They are just going poop/pee, they dont need a light"

and i giggle and still leave the light on, because for one.... it makes me feel better. hehe For two, i know my luna is less confident in the dark... and i think she is being silly. Its funny because it's not like she cares about the electricity used, she just thinks i am spoiling them and not treating them like dogs!

hehehe

Prin
January 18th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Dogs can see better at dusk and dawn than us, but not in the dark. I'd leave the light on too. :)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 18th, 2006, 09:43 PM
I always leave the light on at night if Joey is outside. I even leave the light on for him downstairs when I leave in the morning. :D

.unknown.
January 18th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Maybe my mom is jealous because she thinks i fuss over my dogs more than her?

I guess it's just because my mom isn't an animal nerd like me.

Prin
January 18th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Maybe it's because when you send her out for a smoke, you don't leave the light on?:evil: :D

shannonRN
January 18th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Funny, we bicker about that here too. Hubby feels that if the light is out, the dogs won't be able to see the deer tiptoe-ing around the edge of the property. I argue that the dogs bark at every snap of every twig anyway, and if they think they might be missing something, they'll bark even more. So after they're done barking their heads off in the dark, they'll come in with poo on their paws. So who's right here? Me. Just like I thought!

Prin
January 18th, 2006, 10:42 PM
Well, my doggies step in it in broad daylight, so I don't know if that's a good argument...

meb999
January 19th, 2006, 07:09 AM
I always turn the light on when I put Buster outside...I never even thought twice about it........

chico2
January 19th, 2006, 07:25 AM
That's funny,I leave the light on in the downstairs bathroom where the litter-boxes are 24/7,although I am sure my cats would smell where the boxes are.
We also leave soft music on for the cats when we leave the house,no,they are not pampered,just loved:crazy:
I think we think of our animals in human terms,I certainly do not like the dark and I like music on all day.

BernerLver
January 19th, 2006, 07:40 AM
I'm with everyone else, I turn the lights on. I don't like to use the bathroom in the dark so I just assumend my dog wouldn't either.

On the other hand if I had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the backyard I might like the lights off to maintain my modesty :D

Bushfire2000
January 19th, 2006, 09:48 AM

On the other hand if I had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the backyard I might like the lights off to maintain my modesty :D

We have a motion sensor on our light. When the dogs go outside they move out of the light to do their business. I like the light on so I can see them and make sure they don't go too far. On a dark night Buster can disappear.