Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Montreal moving companies? suggestions?

BoxerRescueMTL
January 18th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Hi everyone! We're finally moving to our new house next month :crazy: We're looking for a reputable, insured, professional moving company. So if anyone has any suggestions of companies you've used, I'd be happy to hear them - or if anyone knows any to stay away from (I know there are quite a few of those!) pease PM me their name.
Thanks so much!!! :)

BMDLuver
January 18th, 2006, 02:15 PM
My husband's company uses Atlas Van Lines for all it's employee relocations. We have used them 8 times now. We only had one move where there were a few problems but they rectified and responded rapidly so that showed good after moved customer service skills. I don't know if they do short haul though..

BoxerRescueMTL
January 18th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Great thanks BMD :)
We have used them 8 times now
Wow, they really keep you guys on the go, huh?

Prin
January 18th, 2006, 06:10 PM
I like the company of "Friends and Family".:D But then I have big brothers and my man has a lot of friends... Life is cheaper when you surround yourself with big strong men...:D

BoxerRescueMTL
January 18th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Yes but we are moving during the week when all of our big strong men are at their jobs. Although they have made it quite clear that they're all in for pizza and beer after work :rolleyes:

maddoxies
January 18th, 2006, 07:14 PM
I will send you a pm with my research. As you may know, I am moving back to Ontario next week; so I have been talking to a LOT of movers lately.

BoxerRescueMTL
January 18th, 2006, 07:39 PM
I will send you a pm with my research. As you may know, I am moving back to Ontario next week; so I have been talking to a LOT of movers lately.
Oooooh that is so helpful! Thanks goldengirl and good luck with your move :)

meb999
January 18th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Let me know if the 'marie-Eve moving Co' can give you a hand. SHe's not real strong, but is a good packer and works for cheap (a beer and a kiss from Vegas!!)

Prin
January 18th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Mee too! If it's a Tuesday or Friday, I can help.:) I get hurt easily, but I keep on going...:)

BoxerRescueMTL
January 18th, 2006, 10:46 PM
Careful what you offer ladies.....hehehehe:evil:

Prin
January 18th, 2006, 11:14 PM
I have a car... It's little but if you fill it right, then you can fit a lot.:) (Unless I bring Boo, then you can't fit anything.)

BoxerRescueMTL
January 18th, 2006, 11:24 PM
But you'd have to bring Boo! :D

Prin
January 18th, 2006, 11:29 PM
So I'll just drive Boo back and forth?:D Maybe I can bring a dish or two each time.:party:

BoxerRescueMTL
January 19th, 2006, 09:05 AM
LOL :clown:
We plan on getting a lot of the boxes and small stuff done beforehand, since we get the keys Jan 27th, and we'll be going back and forth and painting before we move in. So we just need to hire people for the big stuff.

maddoxies
January 19th, 2006, 10:13 AM
I pull out of Montreal on the 27th as well !!!!

Send any of those extra offers of packers my way PLEASE !!!

I am packing a 5 1/2 all by myself!! :crazy: :crazy:

BoxerRescueMTL
January 19th, 2006, 10:20 AM
I'll be sending good vibes goldengirl :)

meb999
January 19th, 2006, 03:07 PM
WE could call it the pets.ca moving co! I don't think I could bring Buster though...he's too much of a school yard bully!

meb999
January 19th, 2006, 03:09 PM
ooooooooo, I have a good idea : Prin and I could babysit the 3 stinkers while you and Chris do all the moving!!

Prin
January 20th, 2006, 12:43 AM
ooo I like that idea!:D

We did the painting before moving thing too but we didn't finish in time... I was too anal about getting all their grubby finger marks/all evidence that they ever existed out of here...:o

BoxerRescueMTL
January 20th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Prin and I could babysit the 3 stinkers while you and Chris do all the moving!!
I might take you up on that, lol, if I didn't know that Vegas and Buster would be arch enemies!
I was too anal about getting all their grubby finger marks/all evidence that they ever existed out of here...
And I have to paint over all the neutral colors!

Prin
January 20th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Oh we had a pink kitchen. Wait, I have a pic! Yey! :rolleyes: Can you imagine cooking in this? Makes me ILL! I had to get rid of every speck of pink. *shudder*

Would they get along with Boo? He's become a little more dominant since we got a house (aka his territory), but he's big, so it might not matter. Jemma's easy. Even if she doesn't get along, she knows to leave them alone.

BoxerRescueMTL
January 20th, 2006, 01:46 PM
It's like Pepto Bismol kitchen!! hehehehehehe...
I doubt Vegas would be Boo's friend. He's such a bully sometimes...he likes mellow dogs, or puppies..or old dogs..But anyone who is a match for him :rolleyes:

BoxerRescueMTL
January 20th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Awesome window in the kitchen by the way!

meb999
January 20th, 2006, 01:59 PM
I might take you up on that, lol, if I didn't know that Vegas and Buster would be arch enemies!

It'd be like getting the two school yard bullies in one room!!! grrrrrrr

Prin
January 20th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Boo is pretty laid back.. He's not one to keep trying to dominate, he's just more than he used to be. (Jemma still kicks his hiney).

Yeah, that window is nice, but the living room one is nicer (it's the same style but about 3x the size). Jemma's sitting spot... (I just really hope it's tempered glass, just in case)

meb999
January 20th, 2006, 02:18 PM
nice windows Prin...you must get alot of light in your house.......

Prin
January 20th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Actually, the sun's in the back... But it's enough light nonetheless. In the summer we get a great breeze going- all the windows open and we have the river a few houses away too. No flaming hot days here. It's great.

I hope the doggies aren't going to freak out with the move though... I was so careful when I moved that I didn't wash their beds a week or two before the action started. My doggies were ok, but they have more separation anxiety now than before. I think they didn't expect to ever move again... They think we're on vacation and we're going to go home soon (without them) so they're still a bit wary... It's something that is too good to be true, but it is true.:)

BoxerRescueMTL
January 20th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Ya nice windows! For me it's so important to have a lot of light, it was big reason why I liked our house so much.
I think the doggies will be okay. They are used to being carted around everywhere, staying at different relatives houses when we go away, etc. This will b different, but luckily we work from home so we can ease them into being alone there.