Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Do you celebrate your pet's birthday?

SchnauzerGirl
January 18th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Schultz is a year old on Saturday and I was wondering if anyone here has a birthday party for their pet(s)? If yes, what do you do to celebrate?

angie79
January 18th, 2006, 12:58 PM
lol we were not sure the exact day....
but the week of dec. 15th became coopers birthday week almost every day i found an excuse to give him toys or cookies......
:pawprint:

now he checks our bags when we come in

jesse's mommy
January 18th, 2006, 12:59 PM
My family thinks I'm insane about this one. Last year (while we still live in Maryland near everyone) I had a birthday party for Jesse. I sent Spongebob invitations with a picture of Jesse in a Spongebob hat addressed to my mom's dog Molly and my sister's dog Chloe and asked them to come over for a party. I had human brownies and ice cream for us and doggie brownies and doggie ice cream for the pooches. Both my parents came with their dog and my sister and brother in law came over with their dog and they all brought presents for Jesse too. They all had a ball running around and playing. I was just sure to put my breakables in a separate room before they came over. :party:

angie79
January 18th, 2006, 01:05 PM
jesse mommy omg that is great!!!!
:pawprint: i bet every one had a good time

jesse's mommy
January 18th, 2006, 01:08 PM
They had a ball. Here's the picture I sent out.

jesse's mommy
January 18th, 2006, 01:12 PM
And the other...

joeysmama
January 18th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Jesse looks adorable in his spngebob hat !!!

Cooper won't have his first birthday until August. His birthday is the day after my son's and my son already told me "I know the dog is going get a bigger fuss than I am". He was laughing when he said it--but he's probably right. He's going to be 24 and Cooper is only a baby.:) Anyway, my kids spoil the puppy even more than we do.

Lissa
January 18th, 2006, 01:21 PM
I've celebrated Minnow and Dodger's birthday before:p ... We've also attended Dodger's doggy friend's birthday;) !!

I actually made the cat and dog party hats to wear on each other's birthday one year:p ...Usually I bake them treats, give them extra walks/attention and in Dodger's case had a couple of buddies come over to play!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 18th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Joeys birthday is in June he will be seven. I have to check his records for the exact date. I probably wont have a party with other doggies as he doesnt really have any friends. :sad: But would like to definately make him a doggie cake and celebrate with his human family friends. :D

SchnauzerGirl
January 18th, 2006, 05:18 PM
I wish that Schultz was a summer baby, that way I would have an outside party and it wouldn't matter what he and all his doggy friends get into. Schultz is aching to go and play with the other doggies in the neighbourhood but cos of the weather, it hasn't happened in quite a long time. I also thought that if I sent out invitations to my neighbours and a few friends with dogs, they would think I was totally off my rocker...

Prin
January 18th, 2006, 05:47 PM
We try to celebrate the birthdays but we usually forget (we made them up anyway). We remember the day we got them better. Next week we'll have had Boo for 4 years and Jemma is 4 years in June. Time FLIES.

Jackie467
January 18th, 2006, 05:50 PM
I don't really celebrate Candi's birthday, but I do celebrate the day we brought her home. Last year we had all her doggy friends from work over and had lots of treats for the dogs and humans. And of course she got lots of toys and even some cards.

Happy birthday Schultz!!!:party: :party: :party: :highfive:

dmc123
January 18th, 2006, 08:40 PM
Yes, we celebrate them. Rudy will be 10 February 1. I don't have a picture of him with a party hat, he is not into that sort of thing. But, here is an old one of Toby (black), my boy back in 1983 I think, at his party with his buddy. He loved that hat.

Diane

Dog Mom
January 19th, 2006, 09:10 AM
We celebrate our dogs birthday's. When the puppies turned 1 we went to my parents camp for the night, all the family was there so it was really fun.

Bushfire2000
January 19th, 2006, 11:39 AM
We missed poor Cocoa's first birthday but made it up to her with a special treat.
Lacey's birthday is February 14:love: so I wish that HB would make a bigger fuss over me than her lol .
Buster's birthday is in March and so is mine so we celebrate together.
Mavis doesn't have a birthdate so we just celebrate sometime in the fall.

Because I have so many dogs we just have a "family Party" :grouphug: :party: everyone gets a treat and the birthday dog gets an extra one.

Luvmypit
January 19th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Capone turned 3 yesterday. Hes a big boy now!

We cooked him a porkchop and some veggies and a tiny bit of rice. He got an extra long walk and tons of treats and love.

amber416
January 22nd, 2006, 04:31 PM
we celebrated Tink's first birthday last April. April 16th was a random day we picked, as the people at the shelter had no idea how old she was, but the vet guessed she had been born sometime in April. She had a party with the fosters we had at the time...fancy feast for all and Tink's present was the Garfield panic mouse. Her party was Princess themed but they were not too excited about the hats...they didn't stay on long enough for the picture!

chico2
January 22nd, 2006, 04:39 PM
Amber,that's adorable!!

doggy lover
January 22nd, 2006, 04:39 PM
I don't have a party but my dogs have always gotten a cupcake on their b-day:party: