Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Can someone help me OR

scuba0095
January 17th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Hey everyone i just found this paper called PETNET was wondering if i coudl trace a specific cat that was lost at least 2 years ago which probably isnt still alive or may have a new family but still i was just wondering would it be worth a shot? THis cat wasnt exactly MY cat me and a group of students lived together when going to school and we adopted him from a shelter. One day the cat just went missing and no one bothered to look for him. WOuld it be worth a try trying to find that cat now? Or just usless?? It happened at least 3 years ago.

scuba0095
January 17th, 2006, 06:51 PM
JUst say someone else owns him now by using his micro chip or identification number could i find out what vets hes been to etc/??

raingirl
January 17th, 2006, 07:42 PM
If he is microchipped, do you know the number? If so, you could contact the chip manufacturer to see if he was reported found to them.

scuba0095
January 17th, 2006, 08:27 PM
If he is microchipped, do you know the number? If so, you could contact the chip manufacturer to see if he was reported found to them.

Yeah i do its petnet

BMDLuver
January 17th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Petnet is pretty well out of business. I tried for months to contact them about a dog in rescue, finally registered the dog with another company so she can be tracked if lost. Also, microchip checking does not always occur so it may be a real shot in the dark.