Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Wash Beany Babies?

chico2
January 17th, 2006, 08:59 AM
I know this is a trivial,kind of stupid question:confused: but I have a Beany Baby little white kitten,who is my good-luck mascot when we travel,since I cannot take my real cats with me.
Now,it's dirty,can I wash it?Probably not in the washmachine,eh?:D

angie79
January 17th, 2006, 09:08 AM
dirty or just dusty??

every once in a while i throw my stuffed animals in the dryer takes the dust out of them...

i wouldn't think they are machine washable!!

TobsterMom
January 17th, 2006, 09:41 AM
I wash my sons beany bear in the sink with a little soap and a nail brush and I let him air dry on a towel. He's been pretty scuzzy and he ends up coming out fairly clean with this method!

Sunkist/Winnie
January 17th, 2006, 12:05 PM
My Winnie has a little beanie baby kitten (Miss Kitty) that she carries around the house. As you can imagine Miss Kitty can get pretty disgusting after a time.

I've thrown Miss. Kitty in the washing machine and dryer with a load of clothes and had no problems.

cpietra16
January 17th, 2006, 12:16 PM
Try putting them in a pillow case before you throw them in the wash...I do that with my unwashables:p They come out good as new.

chico2
January 17th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Thank's girls,I've thrown teddy bears in the wash machine/dryer and it worked fine,I think I'll try handwashing first,he's soo cute..
People tend to give me Teddy-Bears all the time,I also have a whole collection of dirty Garfields:D

Prin
January 17th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Are the beads plastic? If they are be careful about melting them in the dryer...

NannyShaw
January 22nd, 2006, 01:25 AM
I would say put it in a pillow case with a hair elastic tied on the end to keep it in...warm water...gentle wash....then tumble dry low heat....that's what we do with ours :)

Beth :pawprint: