Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

older dog vomitting yellowish phlegm

ilovemypuppy
October 26th, 2003, 04:07 AM
I have a 12 year old Female shealtie. She has never really had any serious illnesses. Lately she has been coughing up some yellowish phlegm.. I thought maybe that it was the food because I just bought some new food that is different from what she is used to. I have just noticed that her nose is also real dry and she wont eat anything at all. She has an appointment for the vet but I am a vig worry wart and want to do something for her NOW. How can I make her more comfortable? Do you know what illness she might have and is it too serious? I am very nervous because we had her mother and she died around this age and it started this way.. first she would throw up a little.. but we found out she had a tumor. As far as I know the vets have not found a tumor on this Dog.. and I have not noticed any abnormal/large lumps. I am very nervous and am wondering what I can do or if I should take her to the vet NOW if it is emergency.
Please help and thank you for any advice.

Firefighter3415
October 26th, 2003, 05:18 AM
Hi there,

My dog seems to vomit this stuff when she does not eat. Once she starts eating again this stops. Maybe your dog is telling you she/he does not like the new dog food you have purchased. My dog is 12 years old.

Fire