Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Where does your dog "hang out"?

diandpat
January 14th, 2006, 03:17 PM
I was just wondering where your dogs are when you are home. We have two dogs. Ginger, 12 yr old Golden, will spend probably 85-90 % of her time in the same room with me. If watching TV she will sit on the couch nudging for pets and scratches. When she gets too warm she will lie on the wood floor beside the couch or by the front door, where there is a small air leak!!! We have had Ginger for five years now.

Hobo, 4 yr old Wheaten/Shihtzu X, is much more independent. Unless you are eating something, he will spend 80% of the day lying on the couch or the loveseat in the livingroom regardless of where Ginger and I are. If hubby is home and we are both downstairs, he will come down and lie of the dog bed.

Bedtime, however is a whole different story. Ginger will get off the bed as soon as it is lights out (too hot, sleeps on floor) and Hobo has to lie with some part of him touching some part of one of us. If we move, he gets up, spins around and settles again, ensuring that some part of him is once again touching us.

None of this concerns me. I just find it interesting how they are so different. Of course they are equally "sad" when we leave to go out and equally "outta control" when we get home. Don't think either is unhappy either.

What about the rest of you?

meb999
January 14th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Buster follows me around everywhere!! Unless of course, I've lit a fire in the fireplace, in which case he couldn't care less where I am -- he just lies in front of it and cooks!!

(I've posted this picture before...but any excuse is good to show off my huney buney!!)

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/meb999/fireplace.jpg

Prin
January 14th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Boo is usually in the living room, or if I'm studying, wherever I am (my study buddy).

He has his own futon...

Prin
January 14th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Jemma is usually on her dad or in the bay window threatening passers-by... (or both)

Prin
January 14th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Usually though, if he's home, she's on her dad, no matter what...:D

wdawson
January 14th, 2006, 04:29 PM
need i say anymore

Frenchy
January 14th, 2006, 05:26 PM
The picture is not great but says it all.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 14th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Joey usually hangs out wherever we are and most of the times on the couch and sometimes on his bed. He always sits on the blanket though.

When I am the computer he lays underneath the desk. Which gets him in trouble because he gets tangled up in in the wires and I have to help him get out. :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 14th, 2006, 07:11 PM
His other hang out place

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 14th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Another place Joey likes to hang out.

..............just kidding he doesnt really hang out here. :D

jesse's mommy
January 14th, 2006, 07:29 PM
I don't have a picture of it yet, but I constantly find footprints in our tub. Somebody constantly jumps in there and waits for a bath. If she isn't there she is wherever we are. Usually laying on top of one of us. :crazy:

Rottimom
January 14th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Ditto to most of the above (except the bathtub)... where we are , he is. He will strategically position himself to be at a point where he can see us both if we are not right together. Another spot he likes is wherever something soft is (he is part princess :D )... if even a stray sock finds its way out of the laundry basket, he will lie on it.

Inverness
January 14th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Well the dogs are not doing anything silly at the moment, but look where I just found Cosette... :rolleyes:

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/3783/img12271nk.jpg

I wonder what would have happened if I hadn't checked in there before turning the washer on...:p

Dog Mom
January 16th, 2006, 09:06 AM
my 3 year old niece and I had a "sleepover" in our living room, Gibson was trying his best to look pathetic.....my niece fell for it and this is how he slept all night, and there is Zoe in the background on her favorite spot!!

*Edited to add the picture*

lm9012
January 16th, 2006, 12:44 PM
This is where al spends most of his day..where he is laying there..we call that his throne! When we aren't home, he's usually there! Also, across from there you see we've made one giant couch..get this. If one of us is laying there he'll lay on top of us..but if both of us are on it..he gets mad and moves over to his throne. We find it hilarious..there is OBVIOUSLY plenty of room for all 3 of us..Spoiled little brat! The rug is also his territory..it is usually scattered with his little bones..and don't dare try to pick them up, he will put them right back. But his highness will not lay on the floor, NO WAY! :king:

diandpat
January 16th, 2006, 05:59 PM
So nice to hear all these stories. Makes it easier when my "non-dog" friends comment on my pampered pooches. They are in very good company.

I know I like them having the run of the house and their special spots...wouldn't have it any other way. Glad to see I am not alone.

Frenchy
January 16th, 2006, 06:12 PM
I forgot to tell you ,I just looove Ginger big white face.Older goldens are so cute!let's not forget Hobo,he is cute too!So keep the pictures coming.

gdamadg
January 16th, 2006, 06:49 PM
well Sprint has a few places, but they are all within a near me and usually touching me. Unless I am bugging him.

By my feet in bed while I watch tv.

gdamadg
January 16th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Laying on the couch.

gdamadg
January 16th, 2006, 06:53 PM
And finally, he lays quietly right beside me. Waiting for the right moment to nibble on my ribs. lol.

jawert1
January 16th, 2006, 07:17 PM
At night, my two can be found on their beds looking like "too...tired...must...fall...over...can't...lay...r espectably..."

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/persephonesdoll/P1160014.jpg

During the day is a different story entirely, Peaches is usually laying on the floor next to my bed and Simon moves with the sun coming through the windows

PetFriendly
January 16th, 2006, 08:50 PM
This would be the prefered spot if I'm watching TV...

Prin
January 16th, 2006, 11:18 PM
At night, my two can be found on their beds looking like "too...tired...must...fall...over...can't...lay...r espectably..."I'm so getting a whitey pointer. He's adorable. :)

jawert1
January 17th, 2006, 08:14 AM
thanks Prin :) He's got the snoopy ears and tons of freckles and that kissy spot (shown in other pics). This morning was funny, he's normally not the one to start the rough housing, but he literally jumped peaches. Far cry from that passed out pic ;)

Prin
January 17th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Isn't "pointer" german for "mischief"?:D

jawert1
January 17th, 2006, 04:20 PM
heheh if it is, then peaches is part pointer too :P

divinecalamity
January 19th, 2006, 09:47 PM
I realize this is a "dog hang out" site...but my dogs are being normal for the time being...so I found my cat Emmit...one of his favorite spots....no wonder there is fur everywhere....:pawprint:

Prin
January 20th, 2006, 12:39 AM
Kitties are welcome too!:) Especially cute orangey ones that hang out in the sink.;)

SchnauzerGirl
January 20th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Schultz literally keeps an eye on me all the time since I might be up to something that is potentially more fun. He loves to hang out on the couch at night when I am watching tv. Sometimes he even brings his favorite toy to come and hang out with him.

Inverness
January 20th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Some place comfy and warm...

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/8586/img15694yr.jpg