Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

really hate cat owners this am!!!

angie79
January 14th, 2006, 09:31 AM
I have ranted about this on here before...

well my worries became a reality at 3am....

My dog was attacked by one of my neighbours (at least 6) cats that roam in my fenced in back yard...

people who beleive in out door cats feel strongly they need thier claws to defend them selves... well my property who pays my vet bill!!!

I'm keeping an eye on him he sreemed so i know he was hit, but i dont know where!!!

My dog is UTD on shots dont know about the cat, what could he catch from it?

How do i keep them off my yard some one said cayenne pepper to do the perimiter but that washeds away. mothballs get covered with snow....

I'm gonna go door to door today asking who the cat belongs to, what are my rights as a responsable dog owner??

hounds003
January 14th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Sorry no help with the cat problem here!:(

If you have a pen light you could shine it in each of Cooper's eyes and if one of the cats scratched him there you should be able to see it. Poor guy I'm surprised he's not affraid to go out in his own yard.

Lucky Rescue
January 14th, 2006, 10:48 AM
I don't know what to tell you. I've been tormented forever by roaming intact cats and I want to kill someone! Before I had a dog, my own spayed/neutered cats would be attacked on my own deck by cats owned by stupid, uncaring and ignorant morons. I've paid many vet bills for abcesses on my cats from bite wounds.

Cats on your property are considered to be strays, and you have the right to remove them, but not to hurt them.

What you could do is hotwire your property, with the kind of electric wire used to keep livestock in.

Do you leave your dog outside all night?

angie79
January 14th, 2006, 10:49 AM
he wants to play....

i dont have a pen light he seems fine playng with his tennis ball running around now.... but i'm watching to see if his eyes are runny...

he was out for 45 mins this am playing in his yard no cat is gonna scare him,,, just me!!!

my cooper bear is a tough cookie!!

Bushfire2000
January 14th, 2006, 10:56 AM
I don't know what your rights would be.

But as quite a drastic action, you could put humane traps in your yard (it is your property) and transport the cats to the SPCA.

This of course, isn't an ideal solution because it doesn't sound like the owners of these cats would retrieve them from the SPCA.

Although if you pass the threat around the neighborhood maybe the owners of the cats would keep better track of their pets.

angie79
January 14th, 2006, 11:00 AM
no lucky i dont leave him out at night he asked to go out to pee...

he sleeps right in the middle of our bed... or i should say he lets us sleep in his bed ;) right where my little prince belongs :rolleyes: :pawprint:

StaceyB
January 14th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Do you know what the cat looked like.