Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Any tricks for teaching 11 week old to wiz in just one area?

kismit
January 13th, 2006, 07:11 PM
My 11 week old Shorgi pees at least two or three times whenever I take her out, and the area of the back yard she hits is fairly large. Should I maybe leash her and kind of hold her at my chosen ground zero? Will she pick a spot of her own to concentrate on after a while?

NaNa8
January 14th, 2006, 02:33 PM
We taught our lab and our golden to "Go" on command. When we took them out (on the leash) we took them to the area that we wanted them to go. I would stand in 1 area and with them on the leash , not move until they went. When they started to pee or poop, I would say "Mischt" (in German it means manure) and everytime they would go I would say the same thing. After awhile, I would just have to say "Mischt" in any area and they would go "On command". It was nice when we traveled and stopped for a stretch, all we had to say was Mischt and they would go. Hope this helps you.

JoAnne

Prin
January 14th, 2006, 04:33 PM
My doggies never go in the same spot...

They do make "pheromone sticks" that emit tasty pheromones (similar to those found in dog pee) and are attractive for peeing on... I don't know if they work...