Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New Kitten

Janis
October 23rd, 2003, 12:00 PM
There is a new addition to our family a 8 wk old kitten name skittles . I just got her yesterday ..and im a little worried she hasnt eaten anything yet ,maybe she;s just adjusting to her new home . or could it be the food is still too hard. the pet shop gave us the exact same food she was eaten. iams kitten . she has been drinking water though.
anyone have any ideas pls let me know.
Thanks

Carina
October 24th, 2003, 06:55 AM
If you got her from a pet store, God knows what sort of care she's had - pet stores aren't the best place to get animals. I'd get her to a vet asap, if you haven't already.

Feed her anything she'll eat - canned mackerel, cooked meat, whatever - cats need to eat rather frequently. How is she today?

Lucky Rescue
October 24th, 2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Carina
If you got her from a pet store, God knows what sort of care she's had - pet stores aren't the best place to get animals. I'd get her to a vet asap, if you haven't already.

Feed her anything she'll eat - canned mackerel, cooked meat, whatever - cats need to eat rather frequently. How is she today?

Agree, and add that pet stores are the worst places to get cats and dogs. Not only are they often ill, but they come from mills and backyard breeders where the conditions are often terrible and the suffering is great.

You need to take her to the vet to find out if she has parasites or an illness so you can make the pet store pay for any treatment she may need.

Until you get an appointment, keep her in one room so she is not overwhelmed and feed her canned food, chicken or anything else palatable to stimulate her appetite, and make sure she drinks - little kittens get dehydrated very easily.
Good luck, and let us know how she does!