Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Uncle Monty portrait

BoxerRescueMTL
January 12th, 2006, 05:12 PM
So we're getting a portrait of Uncle Monty done (for those of you who are new to the board, we lost our love Monty, to cancer in August). Well I am SUPER excited because we got a photo of the progress so far! It's not much but I find it is pretty amazing so far. Check out his eyes! I will also post the main photograph that the artist is using for reference.
http://www.breederoo.com/users/monty/images/photos/gallery/10567.jpghttp://www.breederoo.com/users/monty/images/photos/gallery/4405-thumb.jpg

BMDLuver
January 12th, 2006, 05:24 PM
wow, that's a great start. Who's the artist? I would like one done myself.

BoxerRescueMTL
January 12th, 2006, 05:28 PM
He's in Maine. We first saw his ad in Modern Dog, then checked out his work. Check out his dog portraits - they are unreal! He actually has an old boxer and that sealed the deal ;)
John Borowicz
Borowicz Gallery
www.borowiczgallery.com
www.portraitpaintings.blogspot.com

Lissa
January 12th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Wow - he is absolutely amazing - I don't think I have ever seen such realistic paintings of dogs! Brilliant!:)

Prin
January 12th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Yey Monty immortalized! My favorite boxer. How big is the painting? (it looks pretty big)

BoxerRescueMTL
January 12th, 2006, 09:08 PM
It is pretty big, I don't have the exact measurements now though..

meb999
January 12th, 2006, 09:09 PM
aww, what a great hommage to Uncle Monty....It looks GREAT so far! I love that the artist has a boxer.

Prin
January 12th, 2006, 09:15 PM
It is pretty big, I don't have the exact measurements now though..
I don't need exact measurements or anything... "Pretty big" is good enough. I know you're going to come back and post the finished product, right? I don't even have to ask...;)

BoxerRescueMTL
January 12th, 2006, 09:20 PM
aww, what a great hommage to Uncle Monty....It looks GREAT so far!
Thanks Marie Eve :) You'll have to come over to see the finished product, when we finally get it.
I know you're going to come back and post the finished product, right? I don't even have to ask...
My dog, I couldn't even control myself - I had to post the barely started photo. I'll definitely post the finished product! :o

BMDLuver
January 12th, 2006, 09:42 PM
His work is truly amazing. Those are probably some of the finest works I've seen. He does horses incredibly well as well. I know what I want for my anniversary next year!

meb999
January 12th, 2006, 09:43 PM
I can't wait to see it!!!

meb999
January 12th, 2006, 09:44 PM
He does horses incredibly well as well.
There's one in the background of the photo!!!

BoxerRescueMTL
January 12th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Ya, the horses are amazing! I would like one too one day...if only money grew on trees....heehee

BMDLuver
January 12th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Ya, the horses are amazing! I would like one too one day...if only money grew on trees....heehee
It doesn't? ;)

I want him to do a collection for me... dogs, cat and horse that all passed on. I think it would be excellent... or I celebrate life and do my current gang.. such a dilema... of course, that money tree I planted in the garden this summer better be more financially lucrative this year than last. ;)

BoxerRescueMTL
January 12th, 2006, 10:01 PM
hehehee..I'm thinking of starting a portrait fund...