Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

winter activities

angie79
January 12th, 2006, 09:40 AM
what winter activities if any do you take part in?

i recently discovered the joys of snow shoeing and of couse we get rain.

anyone know any good trails (I've found some)
any groups?

BoxerRescueMTL
January 12th, 2006, 10:23 AM
I'm planning on taking up snowshoeing or cross country skiing. We're moving to Hudson next month and they have amazing trails and you can go snowshoeing or skiing on the lake also. A lot of people were out there with their dogs last time I visited. It looks so fun!

Jazz&Cricket
January 12th, 2006, 10:29 AM
We snowshoe and x-country ski. We are looking into skijoring as well. What I like about snowshoeing...you really don't need any trails. We live on 160 acres and the only way we get to see most of it, is by 'bushwacking' :) in the winter otherwise the bush is too dense in the summer (not to mention the da** bugs!) For the x-country skiing, we have a series of trails through our hayfields and once we get a bit more snow, we will have a new trail down to the lake :)

angie79
January 12th, 2006, 10:41 AM
i enjoy going to Coopers marsh in lancaster easy to get to its free and quiet

BoxerRescueMTL
January 12th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Check this out! http://guidescanins.com/en/cour/cour.html I think I might try next year...but I'll need to get a dog that likes the cold a bit more....:rolleyes:

AliSam
January 12th, 2006, 03:36 PM
My winter activities involve sitting in my nice warm house with hot chocolate or tea.;)

raingirl
January 12th, 2006, 06:10 PM
I love toboaggoning (I can never spell that!) But no one ever wants to go with me! I like skating and x-country skiing too.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 12th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Does shovelling snow count, or trying to drive to work on an icy highway.

I must admit I dont like skiing because it is to cold sitting on that chairlift. WE do enjoy walking to the school next door and bringing some hot chocolate and going tobbaganing.

We havent had much of a winter to enjoy any so activities so far. :D

Prin
January 12th, 2006, 10:09 PM
I used to snowboard very competitively. I'd spend every possible hour on the hill. One day I was there alone, hiking the pipe and I went down to eat, alone, and I asked one of the employees where all the people were and he said it was
-44 F, and nobody is that stupid...:D I had about $2000 worth of snow gear on, so I didn't notice.

A couple of years ago, I crashed and ended my career. And now I have arthritis (too much jumping and landing on hard surfaces).

So ya, now I skate (especially when they finally open the 1.5km track on the river right here) and toboggan and roll around in the snow and that's about it. If I snowboard, it takes me about a month to recover. **shrugs** That's why I love my memories.;)