Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Boarding help needed

Bearsmom
January 11th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Hi all: Does anyone have any suggestions about a GOOD boarding kennel for Bear and Kaos? Our regular "in home" sitter has gone back to Newfoundland, and we're looking for a reasonably priced, not too stressful kennel for our guys while we're in Florida for the last 2 weeks of February.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Sorry, forgot to add, should be in the Greater Toronto Area.

SnowDancer
January 11th, 2006, 05:56 PM
I do. In Toronto but as it is home based cost is $45 per night or $40 per night if dog stays more than 3 nights. The woman who operates it used to work for our vet and our groomer and is a professional dog walker, still associated with our groomer. She is excellent with dogs - she rates an Eskie Hug - not many do!

Mineeputs
January 20th, 2006, 07:52 PM
I work at a dog boarding kennel just north of Huntsville. We get doggies from all over the GTA even from the states. I know first hand of how it's run and know your dogs would have a blast! They are walked 3 times a day and depending on whether they need to be leashed or not, there are 3 good sized yards for them to romp in. If they don't need to be leashed, there is a bush trail we use which gives them a good 25 minute walk. I take my lab pup to work with me and she comes home absolutely exhausted. The kennel is spotless and each has an outside run for the summer months. The owner has been running this for 23 years and has a passion for dogs. Highly recommended!