Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

one liner pet peeves

jiorji
January 11th, 2006, 01:47 PM
when cereal gets all slushy with the milk. yuck!

add your own.....

technodoll
January 11th, 2006, 01:56 PM
people who don't replace the toilet-paper roll when it's empty! :mad:

joeysmama
January 11th, 2006, 02:23 PM
People who bring enough snacks and toys to church to fill the entire pew.

Rick C
January 11th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Clerks who put the bills in my hand first, then pile coins on top.

Grrrrrr.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Shamrock
January 11th, 2006, 03:25 PM
People who continually interrupt you when speaking.:mad:

Cataholic
January 11th, 2006, 03:27 PM
people who don't know what to do at a 4 way stop sign.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 11th, 2006, 03:28 PM
waiting at restraunt for a table and the couple behind walks right up in front of you and gets a table before you...

when the people that came in after you have already butted in line and the next group of people come in after you and then the hostess comes out and takes them to their table first... excuse me am I invisible.

When you plan your sons b-day party and decide not to invite all the kids because they have never once invited your son to their b-day and the parents give you a dirty look because you didnt invite their kid and now youve hurt their feelings.

when people don't rsvp

when people pet my dog without asking

when the neighbours park their car so its blocking half of our driveway

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 11th, 2006, 03:30 PM
People who are only supposed to list one pet peeve and then they list like five. Geez read the instructions will ya. :evil: :p

jiorji
January 11th, 2006, 03:44 PM
People who are only supposed to list one pet peeve and then they list like five. Geez read the instructions will ya. :evil: :p

LOL too funny!!

but really...you're one of those ppl who don't like having Joey petted? nothing wrong with that just always wondered the reasoning behind that

jiorji
January 11th, 2006, 03:45 PM
people who post really good job positions on the internet then take them off a day later. HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO APPLY FOR THAT JOB?!?!?!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 11th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Jiorjibut really...you're one of those ppl who don't like having Joey petted? nothing wrong with that just always wondered the reasoning behind that

I dont mind if people pet Joey people is just when people come right up and let their kids come right up and pet him. They don't know me or my dog, what if my dog was aggressive and they just came right up without asking. Anyways Joey and I wait outside the school everyday for my kids if the kids ask then I let them. If they just run right up to him I will remind them that they should ask. It sounds a bit harsh but I think its really important that people ask first.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 11th, 2006, 04:06 PM
when your in a hurry and the person in front of you is deciding which scratch and win ticket to buy....:evil:

chico2
January 11th, 2006, 04:08 PM
People who drop their Tim Horton cups and bags on my lawn...:evil:

jiorji
January 11th, 2006, 05:48 PM
They don't know me or my dog, what if my dog was aggressive and they just came right up without asking. .

yeah that's a good reason.

I've run tino people with dogs and asked to pet them and the owner just shrugged and walked away, in spite of the tail wagging and the happy dog. :sad:

The other day i came out of the supermarket and a lab was just there greeting people. No leash. I thought "uh oh...great! what do I do now?"
Real friendly. Came up and sniffed my mittens, then went to the next person to greet them. Good thing i stuck around a bit to notice a man inside the store that kept looking at me. It was the dog's owner. Phew! what a catastrophe would've been to take the dog with me ..assuming it was lost and confused lol that would've been SO embarassing! With my luck the man knew no english and I would've had to explain in French that I wasn't stealing the dog. *nervous laughter*

pet peeve: people who go shopping and leave the dog outside without a leash!

meb999
January 11th, 2006, 06:35 PM
when people tell me I look tired. Thanks for telling me I look like crap

Prin
January 11th, 2006, 06:45 PM
People who have no regard for anybody but themselves.

People who deliberately set out to get company for their misery.

Cell phone drivers.

People who breed their dogs on purpose and then come here to ask emergency questions.

People who spit gum on the sidewalk.

People who spit.

People who.

People.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 11th, 2006, 06:51 PM
meb999=
when people tell me I look tired. Thanks for telling me I look like crap

who said that, was that your cousin again. :evil: :evil: :eek:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 11th, 2006, 06:53 PM
when teenagers smoke dope in front of my house. Go away! :evil:

technodoll
January 11th, 2006, 07:06 PM
the idiot teenage cashier who chews gum and chats with coworkers while i'm standing there, ignored, waiting to pay my purchases! AARRGHH!

:evil:

Prin
January 11th, 2006, 07:13 PM
When you get crap service because people think you're a teenager...

When drunk people think they're funny.

When people drive empty Hummers in traffic.
.................................................. ..............while on the phone...

jiorji
January 11th, 2006, 09:06 PM
oohh teenagers!

teenagers who think they're cool.

cats who step on your painting when it's still wet.cats who stick their tails in your tea. you know who you are!:pawprint:

people who litter and then complain the city's dirty. mmmhmmm.
people who complain and do nothing to change their life.

gosh the list goes on....

joeysmama
January 11th, 2006, 09:08 PM
People who are walking slowly in front of you in a narrow grocery aisle, in pairs and don't consider that you might not want to take a leisurely stroll behind them while they chat.

joeysmama
January 11th, 2006, 09:10 PM
OH !! People who, when you ask them how they're feeling, tell you in great detail, and it's never good. It's almost as though they WANT to be sick. (Ever notice how people who have REAL illness and troubles seem to complain less then these people do?)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 11th, 2006, 09:19 PM
people that don't use their cell phones for a few days and want some money back............. (work rant)

I didnt use my cell phone for a few days either gee I wonder if my company will give me some money back

Also we werent living in our house for about eight days in December so I think we should get part of our mortgage back.

people that lost their phones six months ago and now want to be reimbursed for six months or worse yet never report it lost or stolen because they think it will turn up... Turns out it is stolen and someone has been using it, and they want all the charges reversed.

papillonmama
January 11th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Angry people.;)

Like prin said, the people who want misery for company, I'll listen once, if you keep complaining, you might actually have to hear the truth.

Oh, that reminds me, people who ask for the truth, but don't really want to hear it when you tell them. (Someone complaining about me might say, 'a person who is too blunt')

I know that clerks have a job, but do they have to follow me everywhere? Where exactly would I be hiding that box of diapers??? (Just between you and me, I follow them back, if I have time of course.)

People who have time to mozy and block everyone else who has things to do.

People who steal my green and garbage bins.:yuck: :confused:

People who don't show up when they say they are going to. Or show up extremely late and expect a heros welcome. (Not bitter, I swear)

Clerks who ask if I need any help, then when I ask a question they give a vague answer or just kind of, disappear.

Hmmm, I know there's more, just can't think of them right now.

"Clerks who put the bills in my hand first, then pile coins on top." - Rick C

Oh, oh, getting piles of coins back.

Shamrock
January 11th, 2006, 09:45 PM
When you get crap service because people think you're a teenager...

LOL... I'd been wondering if the crap service was due to the that that I am most definitely NOT a teenager. I seem to be becoming more invisible the older I get.;)

Prin
January 11th, 2006, 10:48 PM
oohh teenagers!

teenagers who think they're cool.
Heh heh, this should go in the "loves" thread but I just LOVE un-cooling teenagers. Like there were a bunch of jaywalkers taking their time and I downshifted from 4th to 2nd gear and the revs went up and whoooeee did they RUN! Heh heh... Whassamatter punks? Afraid of a little noise? :evil: :D
People who steal my green and garbage bins.
Umm... This is a family board. As far I I'm concerned, it's good that they steal your green. It's not cool. NOT cool.:angel:

papillonmama
January 11th, 2006, 10:58 PM
lol Prin! Green bins are for scraps of food, diapers, kitty litter, it's a new program in Toronto, to cut down on garbage going to the dumps.

Heh heh...

Prin
January 11th, 2006, 10:58 PM
ooohhhh a green bin! ooohhh that makes more sense.:D

TobsterMom
January 11th, 2006, 11:10 PM
courtesy calls from the bank! Phoning every evening and asking "what is the best time to reach him?" (my hubby) and never EVER phoning at the suggested time....that is NOT courtious!!!!

jawert1
January 11th, 2006, 11:17 PM
People who assume anything about me or my dogs or all of us at once

Anyone who invades my private dance space while in line anywhere!

Obscure references to 80's pop movies...hey wait, I just busted myself!! :p

Prin
January 11th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Morning breath. Anywhere, anytime. Ick.

(When I was in cegep, they had farms all around for Mcgill. One day I was driving my friend to school and we both went silent for a bit. Her breath stank and I was sure she knew it because she stopped talking. I confronted her about it, asking her if she wanted gum or something because it was really bad and she screamed "That's not me! It's YOU!" Then we both realized it was the cows. :D )

jiorji
January 11th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Anyone who invades my private dance space while in line anywhere!

OH MY GOD!!!no kidding!!

there's some people who stand SO CLOSE when you're waiting in line. And you make a tiny step to make some space and not let them notice so they won't think the line is moving, and they STILL move! they see you move a bit and take this giant step adn they end up closer than before! Bah!
I wonder what the solution to that is....maybe smell real bad? or fling your arms around and accidentally smack them?? or scream real loud?? hehe :evil:

Prin
January 11th, 2006, 11:31 PM
My driving instructor told us if the guy behind you is too close and you move up, he'll move with you. So I just leave a lot of space in front of me (especially in lines at Costco).

I think I'm going to start doing arm circles next time. :crazy:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 12th, 2006, 06:58 AM
When I answer the phone at home and someone on the other line says "is your mommy or daddy there" :evil:

Sunkist/Winnie
January 12th, 2006, 09:34 AM
When friends continually complain about how "crazy busy" they are - all the time...every time you talk to them...or email them, or MSN them.

Aren't we all coping with demands on our time?

technodoll
January 12th, 2006, 09:46 AM
when people tell me i am killing my dog by feeding him raw, when they know nothing about the diet except myths and lies!! :evil:

Schwinn
January 12th, 2006, 09:53 AM
When I'm such a cranky putz I can't pick just one line...

rivers
January 12th, 2006, 09:57 AM
The garbage collector who ignores the hallowen pumpkin sitting on the garbage bag week after week after week...He takes the bag, leaves the pumpkin. Do I have to put it in another bag, will he take it then? Add another plastic bag to the already overflowing dump site?! Doesn't the stuff that is in the garbage bag gets squished anyway and all ooze out. So why can't he take the pumpkin too?! :mad:

The library volunteers who call me at 8pm every night, reciting from a piece of paper "the item you have requested, is now available for pick up, we can hold this item until ##Dec, only Mrs.blah blah an pick it up...blah blah blah"... and don't DARE to interrupt the message, as they get huffy and confused!

rivers
January 12th, 2006, 10:02 AM
When someone is standing behind me too close, in my personal space, I deliberately either take a step BACKWARD and then say oh excuse me as my elbow bumps them, or my foot crushes their toes! or I turn around, pretending to view the purchases on the side of the aisle, and deliberatley make my handbag smack them as I swing around!
Works everytime!

jiorji
January 12th, 2006, 10:14 AM
When someone is standing behind me too close, in my personal space, I deliberately either take a step BACKWARD and then say oh excuse me as my elbow bumps them, or my foot crushes their toes! or I turn around, pretending to view the purchases on the side of the aisle, and deliberatley make my handbag smack them as I swing around!
Works everytime!

oohh this is a good one!!:evil:
*takes notes*

jawert1
January 12th, 2006, 10:21 AM
a variation on the toe stepping answer is to wear stilletto heels :) it works wonders

Luvmypit
January 12th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Love this thread.... All I have to say to all is ME TOO!

How about the telemarketer who calls you and when you pick up its a recording asking you to stay on the line and they will be there shortly. ARe they freaking crazy? Calling me and instantly putting me on hold... who makes this stuff up?

People who do not give the courtesy wave when you allow them in during traffic. Just say thank you dangit

People who have dogs and ask me if my dog bites because he has a muzzle on. ( i know its not their fault but it bugs me ..... a ..... lot)

People who preach their religion constantly

Wealthy people who have everything and give nothing

People who don't spay/n their pets

People who think that b/c you bought a house you want all their crap

Working hard only to pay your bills. Never having any fun money afterwards

Teenage girls who wear the most tackiest clothes ever and oh show their thong... yuk....

technodoll
January 12th, 2006, 02:06 PM
"People who don't spay/n their pets".... i must be your Pet Peeve then, LOL! what about people who show their dogs, or breeders, do you lump them under your PP too?

or do you only mean "regular folk who have mutts that should never reproduce" or "people who can't control their intact pet"? curious to know... my dog is intact and we like him that way, although i do prefer to see OTHER dogs neutered and spayed :cool:

Luvmypit
January 12th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Show dogs and reputable breeders studs and bitches are fine ofcourse.:)

But sorry to say anyone else should spay and neuter and I am sure you know why. Over population, unwanted pets ect....

PS I never lump any one under my PP :p

Jazz&Cricket
January 12th, 2006, 02:40 PM
people who DON'T 'poop & scoop'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rivers
January 12th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Teenage girls who wear the most tackiest clothes ever and oh show their thong... yuk....

Add to the list, teenages who wear PAJAMA pants out in public! I don't get it. :eek:

technodoll
January 12th, 2006, 02:53 PM
thanks luvmypit, just didn't want to be under your PP! ha ha :D

(ps: we have a non-breeding agreement with our breeder, and will never breed our dog - but he's still intact for now)

Luvmypit
January 12th, 2006, 03:08 PM
At least with the PJ pants they are covered up. It looks dumb though.

Technodoll has your dog competed yet?

technodoll
January 12th, 2006, 03:14 PM
we plan on entering him next autumn, once he has matured out more. He just turned 2 and finally put on some badly-needed weight, he's from a slow-maturing line so will look better as he ages. His breeder thinks he would do well in the ring even if mismarked and carrying a few faults, there is just NO competition around here... no akitas :(

he is not a breeding dog though so this would strictly be for fun. if he made ONE point i'd be happy, LOL! (i showed my two dobes to CH title a decade ago... miss the ring a little, ha ha!) :o

(sorry for the thread hijack, back to Pet Peeves! and i'm sure that thread hijacking is a Pet Peeve for some, LOL!)

jiorji
January 12th, 2006, 03:33 PM
(sorry for the thread hijack, back to Pet Peeves! and i'm sure that thread hijacking is a Pet Peeve for some, LOL!)

hehe I'm telling!
personally, I think great discussions always end up with a different topic than what they started. But well this isn't exactly your prize winning discussion thread lol:cool:

Shamrock
January 12th, 2006, 04:18 PM
spitting in public. Gross, disgusting.. inexcusable.:evil:
If only I could barf at will...

joeysmama
January 12th, 2006, 08:50 PM
GROWN UPS who wear pajama pants in public !!

Prin
January 12th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Those track suits with the nekkid girl silhouettes on them. Anybody know what I'm talking about? The nekkids run all the way down the seams of the legs and arms? I find those so sexist. Why would you wear something like that?

jawert1
January 12th, 2006, 10:00 PM
I think the quote is "there's no accounting for taste" Prin, and in cases like that, ooft, talk about TACKY! :eek:

Prin
January 12th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Or "beauty is in the eye of the poser"?:D

oo I have another one...

When the dollar goes up dramatically and the oil prices come down but the price of gas still goes up.:rolleyes:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 12th, 2006, 10:26 PM
finally throwing away my old tattered clothes... then discovering that I can buy the look back again at double the price......ie American Eagle Outfitters

When I wake up for work and I am out of coffee or milk or worse yet both.

When I forget to shut off my alarm on my day off. :evil:

when I need to stop for gas at 6 am.

People that try and impress others by what they have and who they know, and of course will repeat names several times just to make sure everyone hears them.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 12th, 2006, 10:33 PM
Techno doll..

he is not a breeding dog though so this would strictly be for fun. if he made ONE point i'd be happy, LOL! (i showed my two dobes to CH title a decade ago... miss the ring a little, ha ha!)

can you show your dog without breeding him, what if hes a neutured purebred that used to show in the past.

oops I better think of a pet peeve

oh oh, oh people that ask about showing their dogs in a thread about pet peeves.

Prin
January 12th, 2006, 10:49 PM
I believe your doggy has to be intact for showing. I think they have to think that you are getting the CH for breeding...

oo pet peeve... uhhh... there aren't any conformation dog shows for neutered mutts?

Lucky Rescue
January 12th, 2006, 11:32 PM
Big fat hairy sweaty men going topless in summer in public places.:yuck:

Oh, and people ramming their shopping carts into the backs of my legs at the grocery store.:evil:

Prin
January 13th, 2006, 12:56 AM
ooo Moobies!:D

(Sorry for ramming you Lucky. I rammed a lot of people when I was little, including my dad...:o )

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 13th, 2006, 07:01 AM
Sunkist/WillieWhen friends continually complain about how "crazy busy" they are - all the time...every time you talk to them...or email them, or MSN them.

I know what you mean!

I have a friend like that shes like I havent forgotten you I am just crazy busy, we've got to get together maybe I'll pencil you in. yeah whatever, this lady has two kids just like me, but doesnt work at all, I work fulltime and look after my kids too, i dont call her up and say I've been crazy busy no time for you. :D :evil:

rivers
January 13th, 2006, 07:52 AM
[QUOTE=Lucky Rescue]Big fat hairy sweaty men going topless in summer in public places

Those horrible sleeveless vests that men wear in summer, where the sides of the vests are open all the way down from the arm hole to their waists! Letting their hairy armpits and side ripple fat show for all to see. eeew! :yuck:

jawert1
January 13th, 2006, 08:27 AM
omg rivers i just gagged on my morning coffee. my ex was one of those guys (hence why the ex part!) LOL happy friday everyone!

technodoll
January 13th, 2006, 08:56 AM
joey.e.cockersmommy: "can you show your dog without breeding him, what if hes a neutured purebred that used to show in the past."

yes, the CKC allows a show category for altered pets - but SO few dogs are ever entered under this banner that you'd always be the only dog in the ring, specially for akitas around here where typically in a big dog show (500+ dogs competing), you're lucky to find one or two akita entries :sad:

My breeder would LOVE for me to show him, adding CH titles to a kennel is always good - but she has enough breeding dogs to choose from for now (talking theoretically here) so this would only be as a hobby, so to speak. Anyways... his furry plums are not bothering anybody (no aggression or dominance issues) so we'll let him mature out as he is and see down the road what our plans are in regards to neutering. :)

Now back to Pet Peeves... i have a couple...

People that ring my phone over and over again but never leave a message (i have call display, DUH!)

Rude waiters or salespeople

Being put on hold forever and then being forgotten or hung up on

Public toilets (mainly, the dirty or smelly ones, the doors that don't lock or close properly, the ones with cheap toilet paper that shreds as you try to unroll a square or two) :evil:

rivers
January 13th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Jawert- splutter splutter! And the vest never looks new, even if it is! Always looks faded, stretched and dirty.

Lucky Rescue
January 13th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Letting their hairy armpits and side ripple fat show for all to see. eeew!

They act as though they are PROUD of their huge bellies and hairy backs. And many of them should be wearing a bra! Double, no - TRIPLE :yuck:

There really ought to be a law! I don't want to look at this.

Sunkist/Winnie
January 13th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Joey E's Mom

This one friend..she's single, doesn't work F/T hours, she has a one bedroom apt and she lives in the city so she's 10 minutes from work.

I work F/T, commute to work which take 1.5 hours a day round trip, husband, step-chid and a ' new' old house that needs renos...and she's the one complaining about lack of time. I just don't get it...:confused:

I agree with pet peeve about paying double for what looks to be old worn out clothes. I just can't do it.

Back to Pet Peeves: People who flick their cigaretts butts on the ground...be it while driving, or while walking. It's garbage throw it in the bin!

technodoll
January 13th, 2006, 09:58 AM
if i have to look at ONE more speedo.. ha ha :D

http://www.thepoorman.net/images/bikini_cats.jpg

Prin
January 13th, 2006, 10:14 AM
There really ought to be a law! I don't want to look at this.
Ya we talked about that a few months ago... If they're allowed, we should be allowed, and if we're not, they shouldn't be. Moobies are more indecent than the female version if you ask me.

And while we're on the subject of hairy armpits... Women who don't shave... ever... There's feminism and there's gross. Don't shave your legs, fine, but armpit hair is just a growth medium for bacteria. If it was up to me, everybody would shave their pits. Seriously. There would be a huge reduction in BO in the world.

Lucky Rescue
January 13th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Moobies are more indecent than the female version if you ask me.

YES!! And many of them are a lot bigger too! Why are only women's considered to be "indecent".

I think everyone should cover up when in public. I don't want to see your butt cheeks or cracks or moobies or boobies either. Blah, yeeech!

Someone mentioned Speedos....what to say about THAT?:( Something else I don't want to see!!

Okay I'm done ranting now. That feels better.:D

Prin
January 13th, 2006, 03:00 PM
Someone mentioned Speedos....what to say about THAT?:( Something else I don't want to see!!

Well, actually, usually the moobies and beer gut hide most of it anyway. Sex-EEEEE

technodoll
January 13th, 2006, 03:12 PM
focus people, focus! :) let us not forget the "social groomers"... you know, the ones who pick their nose in public... pick their teeth with their fingernails... scratch their dandruffy heads... chew their fingernails and spit out the bits... or those who sneeze or cough a fit without covering their mouth & nose... and then spit the glop on the floor or sidewalks... :evil: can you say GROSS and disrespectful?? grrrr :yuck:

Prin
January 13th, 2006, 03:16 PM
People who play with their hair at the dinner table!

People who CHEW on their HAIR!
:eek:

Bearsmom
January 13th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Just one? I've got a few today....

1. My pilates instructor. I hate the skinny b**ch.

2. People who ask why our son is so tall. Hm, ya ever hear of GENETICS? (Hubby's 6'6", I'm 6', so therefore, and heretoin, our offspring is going to be TALL).

4. People who take a sixteen foot berth around my dogs when I'm walking them.

5. Tailgaters. Especially when my son's in the car.

6. When I accidentally blurt out an expletive in traffic, only to have my son YELL it out in the middle of church. I still want to die over that one.

papillonmama
January 13th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Speedos:yuck: . I think bicycle shorts on guys is so unneccesary.

Lucky Rescue
January 13th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Well, actually, usually the moobies and beer gut hide most of it anyway.

God that turns me on soooooo much!!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 13th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Techodoll=
yes, the CKC allows a show category for altered pets - but SO few dogs are ever entered under this banner that you'd always be the only dog in the ring, specially for akitas around here where typically in a big dog show (500+ dogs competing), you're lucky to find one or two akita entries

actually I havent knocked on everyones door in town to see what kind of dog they have, but I have yet to see another English Cocker in our town. So Joey would win automatically. :D

technodoll=
Being put on hold forever and then being forgotten or hung up on

Well I am one of the ones that put you on hold .To all of you that get put on hold forgotten or hung up I do apologise. Sometimes the reason that you are on hold is because I am hold waiting to speak to a department to help you, what I usually do is let you know what the estimated wait time is, sometimes if its a tech problem that I cant fix myself then the wait more than 20 minutes, in that case I will give you the option to to hold on the line with me or will give you a direct number to call and let you know when that department is less busy.
As far as getting hung up on, I know it does happen, but its not me, I always stay on the line no matter how miserable the customer is (but I know you would all be nice to me)
Sometimes at my work the call will just drop and your all of a sudden speaking to someone else. If a call drops and I am able to in most cases I will call you right back, if there is no working call back no I always note the account so when you do call back and say....."That Joeys mommy she hungup on me again!!!!:evil: the next rep will have some idea of what is going on.

Also in regards to transferring sometimes it just doesnt work, we will get sirens, or the transfer will freeze, and I'll be frantically trying to get you back on the line, which means I have to reboot the whole system,which in some instances will get you dissconnected in these circumstances I always try to call back to..... and then for some unexplained reason you transfer to one dept and get put to another one like Spanish Finance) (heck those bill are hard enough to understand in English :D )

So I apologise to all of you that I have ever dissconnected, hung up, on sent to Spanish Finance. I hope you do forgive me. :D

technodoll
January 13th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Joey's mommy, you got me ROTFLMAO!!!! thank you for making my day, LOL LOL!! :crazy:

Prin
January 13th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Hee hee I remember putting the phone on mute while I asked my supervisor a question and I heard alllll of what the customer had to say about me. People, if you don't hear the music, you're not on hold.;)

I remember somebody saying they were never rude to their waitress because it's not her fault there isn't enough staff tonight. Same goes for everything. If you call Joey's mom and she's crabby, chances are she's a really nice person working in a crappy job for some very good reasons. Nobody in the world is your punching bag.

Pet peeve: people who use customer service employees as punching bags. They're just the messenger.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 13th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Prin=Pet peeve: people who use customer service employees as punching bags. They're just the messenger

Thank you for that I do so much more for people when there nice to me.

technodoll
January 13th, 2006, 08:35 PM
"Pet peeve: people who use customer service employees as punching bags. They're just the messenger."

Counter Pet Peeve: Customer Service reps who hate their job and make you pay for it by being rude, abrupt, condescending, arrogant and aggressive. Then you have the mentally-challenged people who barely speak English and make you repeat everything three times before getting it all wrong! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :evil:

oh and before you wonder... i have been working in customer service for the past 10 years (both as employee and as supervisor) and... some days you're the statue and some days you're the bird, LOL! :D

PS: the nice CSR's get all my love and respect, and i let them know it when they're doing great!!

Prin
January 13th, 2006, 08:48 PM
But why are they rude and abrupt? Is it because they hate their jobs or because they just found out that their commissions will be cut in half because the employer feels the employees are making too much. Or maybe their commissions were cut in half last month and this month, they're taking them away completely and instead, every time they make a sale (which is next to impossible because the product is so crap) they get their name put in a pot for a draw for a 19" tv. Woo hoo.

Or maybe you're the 47th caller who screamed at her without even hearing her voice.

By the way, if you yell at me, and then ask me my name, do you really think I'll give you an honest answer?

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 13th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Yes there are some outside factors as well, but still I never yell or am condescending to anyone, In fact I am told I am too nice. Anyways I do know reps that are rude I can hear them from at work. But I know I do my job well. Yes and my commission check that I was expecting last week was short by at least 100 dollars, and my paycheck was also short by 20 hours, so its not the customers its things like that, that make me hate me hate my job. Honestly I like talking to the customers, unless there just really crappy and nothing you do makes them happy.

Out of 4 call centres each with about 300 agents in it. I am ranked 37 which ranks you on our customer service skills, commitment to customers, and resolving issues, I suck at the sales part of it but do enough to make my quota.

technodoll
January 13th, 2006, 09:08 PM
whatever the reasons behind the rudeness... remember that it's never the customer's fault and if you treat them badly (even when they're wrong)... they will go somewhere else... and a company without customers doesn't pay its employees very well does it? :cool:

bottom line: a CSR is paid to do a job which involves being a punching bag, a shoulder to cry on, a guide; a CSR is the voice of the company and often the only interaction a customer will ever have with the company. if the experience is bad, that reflects on the whole entity and can often make or break the bank. if the commissions are bad, leave. if the pay sucks and the boss is rude, slam the door on the way out but for god's sake, leave.

as a CSR coach we are constantly reminded that it costs 10 times more to attract a new customer than to keep an existing one; a happy customer will tell 3 people about the good experience while and unhappy one will tell 8. It's the way the business works and if you don't like the work conditions as a CSR... go work somewhere else.

PS: there is always a door out when faced with a rude customer who will not listen to reason, no employee should endure abuse. that's when the call should be transferred to the supervisor, they're paid to have wider shoulders and even THEY sometimes crack.

but i digress on the pet peeves, sorry for threadjacking! :)

technodoll
January 13th, 2006, 09:09 PM
joey's mommy, i LOVE getting CSRs like you when i need one!! Kudos!! :D

jesse's mommy
January 13th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Being called "Ma'am".

(At what point of my life did I cross over to the ma'am stage? I never thought 30 was old until those little punks say this to me!)

Prin
January 13th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Oh that one I agree with. Kids, never call any woman "ma'am"!! (unless maybe you're somewhere where it's a normal thing...)

jesse's mommy
January 13th, 2006, 09:28 PM
People walking barefoot in grocery stores
(Do they not have any idea how dirty and disgusting the floors are?)

People who turn without using their turn signals.

Prin
January 13th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Out of 4 call centres each with about 300 agents in it. I am ranked 37 which ranks you on our customer service skills, commitment to customers, and resolving issues, I suck at the sales part of it but do enough to make my quota.I did too well that they didn't believe it and started monitoring me. The average call is 8:30 there and I was below 4:30, so they figured I was hanging up on people (how's that for morale!?). I wasn't, so I got promoted (off the phone, but not more pay...).

Pet peeve: bosses who assume the worst even after you've proven yourself over and over.

jiorji
January 13th, 2006, 09:37 PM
customer rudeness towards employee and employee crankyness. ...hehehe

well I've been subject to both instances!

I'm not one to suck up to customers when I work. Sorry I don't think there's need for any of that. I'm nice but I don't do the fake laugh or the "oh how was your day?? really?? ha haaa haaa" umm no. Some ppl have called me rude for that and have complained. Their problem. it's hard to be nice to a customer who starts off rude to you. There's people like that too.
I've also had a customer once yell at me because the tomato plants he bought weren't priced on sale..according to the sign HE saw in the greenhouse. So I say "ok sir there's around 30 different tomato plants in there there's a slight chance the SALE sign was for one of the other." He gets mad and runs over to the greenhouse and rips the sign off and brings it back. and what do you know? it said "3 pack tomatoes for 3.99" and he had 3 ONE Pack tomato plants that he said were on sale. umm no!
wow he started yelling at me like there was no tomorrow! lol
but well good thing my cashier supervisor was a b**** and so i sent him to her!:evil:

Since I've been on the other side of the counter, I know to hold back when i don't get good service...but my issues with my internet service are a HUGE test for me! I'm sorry but calling 4 times in a week about an issue that they apparently "solved" is unacceptable. and THEN get told "oh i;m sorry we've done all the tests we usually do to fix these problems. nothing we can do!":mad: BUT IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!!! argh argh

oh yeah and the so called tech solutions were to restart my computer a few times and fiddle with the model and turn it on and off.
needless to say...4th time i called I snapped on the guy!GRRRRrr

I need to walk this off now.....lol

technodoll
January 13th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Love this thread! it's making my Friday the 13th not so bad after all :D

Pet Peeve #85: people who drive like they're the ONLY ones on the road: not using signal lights, weaving in and out of lanes, braking suddenly for no reason (specially at green lights), using their middle finger to speak to other drivers... sigh. :(

Prin
January 13th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Bus drivers who get road raged with their bus packed with people...

People in any car that will override my bumpers and kill all the occupants of my car who TAILGATE!

People who smoke in doorways. If I have to walk through your cloud, what's the point of being outside?

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 13th, 2006, 10:19 PM
okay last work related work pet peeve.

showing up everyday for work starting 1/2 hour early and leaving 1/2 hour late, going in on my day off, never taking one sick day, then getting paid incorrectly then being made to sign some crap form saying I am going to showup for work tommorow or my pay cheque will be withheld and I will have to explain my absense to big Honcho.

people that dont shovel there sidewalks

people that leave there garbage cans on the sidewalk and never move it.

people that dont say thank you

the way my unopened chip bag is only 1/4 full come on how much settling really does occur

when the ice cream truck lady drives down our street right at 5.30 dinner time and shes smoking and trying to sell over priced ice cream from her stinky truck. (thats my summer pet peeve)

when I buy the same issue of a magazine twice

when I lose a receipt that I need, but have one from three years ago

joeysmama
January 13th, 2006, 10:53 PM
People who leave their garbage in the parking lot of the grocery store and you have to step over their snapple bottles or their empty motor oil and antifreeze containers.

Prin
January 13th, 2006, 10:54 PM
Why is it always snapple? I've noticed that.. Do snapple drinkers have no morals?

joeysmama
January 13th, 2006, 11:01 PM
OMG you're right !! It IS always snapple !! LOL !!! Now I'm going to start noticing who buys snapple.

Shamrock
January 13th, 2006, 11:43 PM
How about those charmers who throw their lighted missiles out the car window?
Think many cars dont have ashtrays today, but c;mon:evil:
Probably part of the Snapple group..:D

Shamrock
January 13th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Being called "Ma'am".

(At what point of my life did I cross over to the ma'am stage? I never thought 30 was old until those little punks say this to me!)

Well, I'd be calling you "Miss" A mere 30 is hardly a "ma'am candidate.
And though I'm far and away in the "ma'am" group.. I still dislike this term.

Do men feel like strangely like codgers when addressed by younger guys as Sir?
Also, if Miss is a correct term for younger women... what is it for younger guys?
Dude?:D

Bearsmom
January 14th, 2006, 08:11 AM
*People who marinate in perfume.

*Getting moved shifts because, "you're the one who gets along with EVERYONE".

Prin
January 14th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Do men feel like strangely like codgers when addressed by younger guys as Sir?
Also, if Miss is a correct term for younger women... what is it for younger guys?
Dude?In the 80's sir was used on everybody. Now, if you ever say sir, you get a lot of "Sir is my father. Call me Jim" or whatever. We should use that for ma'am... I can see it now...

"Ma'am?"
"Oh, Ma'am is my grandmother! Call me Princess.." heh heh...:o

chico2
January 14th, 2006, 03:59 PM
I remember the first time someone called me ma'am,did I ever feel old..now if some young store-clerk calls me"dear"I feel like a little 90yr old great-grandmother:D

Island
January 14th, 2006, 04:15 PM
people who cut their spaghetti

Poe
January 14th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Plumber's crack.

jiorji
January 14th, 2006, 05:21 PM
I remember the first time someone called me ma'am,did I ever feel old..now if some young store-clerk calls me"dear"I feel like a little 90yr old great-grandmother:D

at least ppl don't assume you're 17.:mad: and then they think you're lieing when you say your real age and make a comment about how I'm going to look young at 40.
The only problem with that is that some people tend to talk down to you if they think you're a teen.

Frenchy
January 14th, 2006, 05:33 PM
When men call me "ma ptite madame" that bugs the hell out of me.I don't know how to translate it but basicly it means they explain something to you but think you won't understand because you're a woman.

Byrd
January 14th, 2006, 11:17 PM
People who don't reply to e-mails you send them... particularly ones asking a question.

When you're driving along all comfy like, no one behind you, no one in front, and someone decides to pull out of a driveway or road right in front of you and you have to slam on your brakes and slow down... I mean, really, why can't they just wait the three seconds or so it would take for you to pass them by and then go, after all it's clear sailing behind you. :mad:

Winter, snow, wind, ice, cold.... um, yeah, winter in general.

Prin
January 15th, 2006, 12:25 AM
at least ppl don't assume you're 17.:mad: and then they think you're lieing when you say your real age and make a comment about how I'm going to look young at 40.
The only problem with that is that some people tend to talk down to you if they think you're a teen.
Really? I take that as a compliment...:o People assume I'm under 20 and when they tell me how I'm gonna look at 40, I always answer "I hope so...":D

Prin
January 15th, 2006, 01:43 AM
I thought of another one...

When you read a list of people's pet peeves and realize you do some of them... (not the worst ones, but some nonetheless- but I don't have moobies, so I'm not so bad...):o

Byrd
January 15th, 2006, 09:39 AM
LOL Yeah, I cut my spagetti sometimes.

Um... when I'm walking down the mall and I always have to go around other people and move for them, it's like I'm invisible or something.

People who belittle me.

rivers
January 15th, 2006, 10:17 AM
I have always stated that the way people push their carts while shopping, is the same way they drive their cars! think about it...it's true!

Lucky Rescue
January 15th, 2006, 10:55 AM
When men call me "ma ptite madame"

Yeah, basically means "Little lady" - a condescending term.

*People who marinate in perfume.

YES!! Especially when one of them sits at the table next to you in a restaurant. I'm allergic to perfume. It makes me sick and why should I have to eat your perfume with my meal??:mad:

I feel like lighting up a big cigar and blowing the smoke in their faces to see how they like it!!!

Byrd
January 15th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Ditto on the perfume thing... I work in a small room, just me and the patient in an itty bitty room, oh, and their perfume. But, what I find worse is those that reek of cigarettes, esp the old ladies that come in and they smoke so much that the front of their hair is yellow. :yuck: Both take my breath away and give me headaches.

Shamrock
January 15th, 2006, 04:04 PM
People who don't reply to e-mails you send them... particularly ones asking a question.
Inconsiderate.

Those e-mail chain-letters that have circumnavigated the globe.
I dont "want" to send this off to 20 people....and ask them to do the same.:mad:

jawert1
January 15th, 2006, 05:03 PM
another on the email thread...
those chain mails swearing aol and microsoft are going to pay you X dollars to forward

(more to the point, the sender getting miffed at me for bursting their bubble given i'm an employee of one of those and would know!)

oh and any spam mail trying to tug at my heartstrings about some poor unfortunate this or that...99.9% are bogus and distract from those who really ARE in need!

Byrd
January 15th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Ditto on those too (gee I'm getting more pet peeves as the day goes on) I have a great reply e-mail that I send to people when they send me those. If anyone wants it, drop me a line.

Prin
January 15th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Oh, those chain emails about horse sterilizers being put in girls' drinks? Just to freak out those who don't know how to check if they're real or not? Losers.

Passwords. How many friggen passwords am I going to need already? How are you supposed to remember them all? :confused:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 15th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Prin=

Passwords. How many friggen passwords am I going to need already? How are you supposed to remember them all?
Today 03:31 PM

I know we have four different passwords to login at work we have to change them once a month and we cant use the same ones over, a couple times I almost had to go home because I got all confused and got them mixed up.

I got another one.
emails from some pharamceutical company trying to sell me Viagra, I think I just got one this morning actually.

Prin
January 15th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Emails from people you cut totally out of your life for very very horrible reasons. I haven't talked to you in 5 years; take a hint.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 15th, 2006, 09:57 PM
having a birthday party for your son, and one of the dads decides to stay and be the authority figure and starts yelling at all the kids to behave. When they are really just being kids.

Luvmypit
January 16th, 2006, 03:56 PM
People who do the speed limit in the right lane and don't move causing a traffic jam and allowing no one to pass

Friends who have odd schedules and come over when they have the day off and stay late even though I have to work in the morning.

People who bring over wine, open it and then bring the bottle back with them... I don't want it but really come on

Two faced people

People who cannot handle criticism at all and you become afraid to say anything at the risk you will offend them....and you will....

Passing groups of men that watch as you walk pass and then make comments as if you can't hear them

Teenagers that wear way too much make up

People who give me the worse look in the world when they realize my dog and I are in the elevator they are waiting for. Fine you dont want to be in here with my dog but please dont give me the I cant believe you exist look...and take the next elevator

jiorji
January 16th, 2006, 04:46 PM
YAY!

my thread has made it to page #5! woohoo:crazy:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 16th, 2006, 06:45 PM
getting finger cramps because I have to scroll through a five page thread. :D

Bushfire2000
January 16th, 2006, 07:42 PM
children who hover behind you when your on Pets.ca

Most if not all of the above

People who smoke in doorways (it was better when people could smoke inside. then I avoided bars, rinks, restaurants, now I'm ambushed at all corners) Really, how nice is it to enjoy a great meal then have to hold your breath until you reach your car, I'd rather have stayed home in the first place.

Teenagers who think they invented IT (anything)

Clothes styles I've already worn

Bosses who preach teamwork but don't work and expect you to do it all

Bosses who think a p**is entitles someone to more money

Bosses who preach.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 16th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Bushfire =children who hover behind you when your on Pets.ca ha ha thats funny my kids are hovering right now.

Can have a turn, its my turn, can I have a turn, can I write something I know how to write, why cant I write, pick that smiley mommy, put the devil on mommy, put the devil on again mommy. Its my turn mommy pleaaseee"

Shamrock
January 16th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Bushfire = ha ha thats funny my kids are hovering right now.

Can have a turn, its my turn, can I have a turn, can I write something I know how to write, why cant I write, pick that smiley mommy, put the devil on mommy, put the devil on again mommy. Its my turn mommy pleaaseee"

That really made me smile!:) So cute.
My hubby is a hoverer. Newspaper, computer.. arghh.. quit reading over my shoulder!

Small items wrapped in thick plastic that defy opening and child proof caps with instructions that cant be read without 20/20 vision.

I've been tempted to use a small saw for both of these.:D

jiorji
January 16th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Bosses who think a p**is entitles someone to more money

Bosses who preach.

...when I don't understand the bad word behind the ****'s lol

on the topic of bosses....managers who want you to do something specifically and do it right and when you ask them "what do you have in mind?" they say "well i shouldn't have to tell you. You should know"...so then you carry out the task and then next day you work you realize they have taken down what you did because it was WRONG! yet they don't know what right is!

Prin
January 16th, 2006, 10:56 PM
People who do the speed limit in the right lane and don't move causing a traffic jam and allowing no one to pass
People who claim they're from Canada but are really in England..:D :clown:
People who tailgate people in the right lane..
People who weave.
People who change lanes on double lines.

People who ONLY talk about themselves and then if you happen to talk about you, they have to go...

...when I don't understand the bad word behind the ****'s lolReally? I'll give you a hent of what the missing letters are. Are you ready for the hent? The hens' argument ended; then their friend went to lend the hens her Benz... Ok, that sucked.:o

jesse's mommy
January 17th, 2006, 04:42 AM
People who ONLY talk about themselves and then if you happen to talk about you, they have to go...

That is my sister! Drives me bonkers!

Luvmypit
January 17th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Left lane left lane!!! lol....

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 17th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Cyclists that ride down the middle of the road, and cyclists that ride at night on the wrong side with no light.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 17th, 2006, 12:43 PM
people that one up you. Like you tell them something that happened, and they come back with a similar story except its way more eventful than yours.
:evil:
People who namedrop oh I know so and so, or me and so and so are going boating, or ya I know Madonna shes so cool, say you should get a string around your wrist too. :D

jiorji
January 17th, 2006, 03:13 PM
LOL Joey.E.CockersMommy.
What I hate is when people gossip about their friends i've never met and they say
"oh yeah so Andy's blah blah blah...oh you know Andy"
"umm no. Can't say I do."
"Sure you do! Anyways...he blah blah blah..."
and then you sit and tune out the conversation and never call that person again! lol

people who move and fail to change their billing address so 4 months down the road I STILL get their correspondence!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
plus it's always bills. How irresponsible is that? I know most people do online banking but seriously!! argh!

people who get stuck in traffic and they start honking. As if that would help move things along!

Prin
January 17th, 2006, 03:28 PM
jiorji, we still get the previous owners' government cheques and they're dodging the hydro company too, so Hydro Qc keeps calling us to get their address...:rolleyes:

Grow up people! Take responsibility!

Jackie467
January 17th, 2006, 03:31 PM
when co-workers take credit for projects given to them that they then had you do, then turn around and tell your boss that you give them atitude when they ask you to do something. --this has been happening to me and I'm about to quit because of it.

When the boss is out and co-workers take extra long lunches without even telling anyone they are leaving (big deal when only 4 people work in the office) then if you need to go to the doctors for an hour and they know DAYS ahead of time and it's a problem for them.

(this is all about one particular co-worker) sorry bad day at work.

Prin
January 17th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Left lane left lane!!! lol....
LOL :D

When people burn through red lights and hit pets.ca people.:mad:

Shamrock
January 18th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Tiny women who cant stop talking (bragging) about how tiny they are.
How many times can you inject your "size 4" into a conversation?;)
Yes, you tiny... me amazon:) .
And... why are they always married to the guys 6.2 and up?:D

rivers
January 18th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Trying to dislodge a new toy from its packaging and having to untwist hundreds of twisted wires to get the d*mn thing out!!!!:evil: I mean how many wires does it take to hold a friggin toy in place?!!!
Is it really necessary to weave the wires through the INSIDE of the toy too? oh and for safe meassure, 'lets wrap it around the wheels of the toy too'. that should keep mommy and daddy busy for a while, while the kid is screaming for the toy from waiting so long!! ...ok, breath....breath...

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 18th, 2006, 03:34 PM
rivers=

Trying to dislodge a new toy from its packaging and having to untwist hundreds of twisted wires to get the d*mn thing out!!!! I mean how many wires does it take to hold a friggin toy in place?!!!
Is it really necessary to weave the wires through the INSIDE of the toy too? oh and for safe meassure, 'lets wrap it around the wheels of the toy too'. that should keep mommy and daddy busy for a while, while the kid is screaming for the toy from waiting so long!! ...ok, breath....breath...

LOL I am in the process of unwrapping my kids b-day presents. I had to take a break opening the spiderman web blaster as my fingers were getting worn out from untwisting the wires, and i think I actually twisted them back up again.

pet peeve=

receiving gifts that shoot messy string that is impossible to get off ceilings and walls.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 18th, 2006, 03:42 PM
people that live less than one block from school and drive their kids there and back everyday.

Shamrock=

How many times can you inject your "size 4" into a conversation?
Yes, you tiny... me amazon .

or when they try to give you something thats a size five and they say thats waayyyy tooo biiiggg for meee, I am suuree it would fit you, they make you try in on and it you can't get it past your knee. :evil: Thanks for reminding me that I am not tiny, and reassurring yourself that you are. :evil:

Luvmypit
January 18th, 2006, 03:48 PM
When people burn through red lights and hit pets.ca people.:mad:

AMEN!

Heres some more:

- People who blow the horn the second the light turns green
- No toilet paper in public washrooms
- People who pee on the seats
- Public washrooms period
- People who have quit smoking and feel the need to tell Smokers how they should and how this and how that, and all the risks. Hello your making me smoke more.... Just shuddup

Shamrock
January 18th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Thanks for reminding me that I am not tiny, and reassurring yourself that you are. :evil:
That's it in a nutshell.
A couple of summers ago.. the size 4 arrived here for a visit, overdressed and overheated on a scorching hot afternoon.
Trying to make her comfortable..I offered her a pair of my shorts to change into..She looked at them with such disdain...like they came straight from the circus.:D
Yes.. they'd be loose.. but they wouldnt fall OFF would they?
ok...sweat in your size 4 jeans.:crazy:

Prin
January 18th, 2006, 04:40 PM
- People who sit in the smoking section and smoke like chimneys with their babies in high chairs breathing every toxin.. (did I mention that one already? :o)

- Family who claim to be forgiving and kind, while stabbing fellow family members in the back and judging them to no end.

- People who don't appreciate what they have.

- How universities don't give you the day off to vote, even though so many students don't vote (they should encourage voting!!).

- Falling in love with a guy who's allergic to dogs.:rolleyes: :)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 18th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Prin=
- People who sit in the smoking section and smoke like chimneys with their babies in high chairs breathing every toxin.. (did I mention that one already? )

You still have smoking sections, you cant smoke anywhere here including Nightclubs and bars.At my work they have a new rule you have to be at least ten feet from the building to smoke.

I hate seeing parents smoke in the car with the kids in it. There is a woman that sits in her car waiting for her kid, shes got a younger one in the back, all the windows are rolled up and shes smoking. I guess she doesnt want the kid to get a cold. :evil:

Another pet peeve is parents that don't use proper booster seats, or that don't use seat belts at all.

jiorji
January 18th, 2006, 08:59 PM
- Falling in love with a guy who's allergic to dogs.:rolleyes: :)

dogs?!?!! i thought he was allergic to cats.

when i meet guys i'm interested in...first thing I ask "are you allergic to animals??" hehe
too many people allergic to fur if you ask me. I'm tired of being single LOL

papillonmama
January 18th, 2006, 09:18 PM
On the topic of kids toys...

People who give your kids toys that havve LOUD noises that CANNOT be turned off!!! I know you don't have kids, but what is your problem? Wouldn't you rather talk than scream when you visit???

People who use their strollers to push people off of the sidewalk, or act like because they have a kid they're better, or have more important things to do, than those who don't, or those who just don't bring their kids downtown. I bring my kids everywhere, and I don't like being treated rudely because so many people have done this before I got there!

Cigarettes. Period. (I didn't know I was allergic til I quit!)
No worries, I'm not a smoking preacher, they're just not my thing anymore, but I don't feel the need to tell others how horrible they are. I think you already know, unless you're living in a cave and growing your own tobacco.:D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 18th, 2006, 09:24 PM
People that give your kids huge bags of Candy. :evil:

papillonmama
January 18th, 2006, 09:31 PM
People that give your kids huge bags of Candy. :evil:

Then leave, or send them home.:rolleyes:

Prin
January 18th, 2006, 09:40 PM
dogs?!?!! i thought he was allergic to cats.

when i meet guys i'm interested in...first thing I ask "are you allergic to animals??" hehe
too many people allergic to fur if you ask me. I'm tired of being single LOL
Both. He's more allergic to cats than dogs. But I've been trying to get him to go get retested (last time was a long time ago). His cousin, who's very young and asthmatic wasn't allowed anywhere near our house because of her allergies to doggies that would set off attacks. Turns out, she isn't allergic to dogs at all. I suspect that's the case with my man. He's probably allergic to the dust on the dogs and not actually the dogs themselves. But cats, definitely. Even if you hide a cat from him, he'll get the ichy eyes and all that.

But what we've found is that he does a lot better when he is with the baby animal first. He isn't too allergic to his sister's cat because it grew gradually into its dander and he adapted.

Anyway, nuff hijacking.

Pet peeve: How parents of kids with allergies freak out and turn their kids into "bubble kids", which in turn makes them even more allergic and sensitive. Your immune system only gets strong if you challenge it.;)

Another one: Parents who don't like it when you give their kids candy.:D I'm kidding!

But on kids' toys: People who give obvious tomboys Barbies for their birthday. :rolleyes:

jiorji
January 18th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Your immune system only gets strong if you challenge it.;)

I agree!! I say you get a cat:D

the trick with loud toys is ..ready for this?? DO NOT BUY NEW BATTERIES ONCE THE OLD ONES ARE WASTED!
I'm a genius I know! hehe
It only works with small enough kids who don't know what "battery replacement" is.

Prin
January 18th, 2006, 10:36 PM
What??!?!?!? You mean you can change the batteries in toys?!?! No way! You're not serious. :crazy: When I was little, batteries costed more than the toy itself and I couldn't ask my dad for that much money... Wait a minute! Batteries don't cost that much!:eek: The things parents say.

Pet Peeve: When you're little and your parents make up the answers to the hard questions hoping you won't remember... I remember. I remember them all.

I agree!! I say you get a cat LOL I would but I smell so doggy that they always bite me. Seriously. Even the ones that people say never bite anybody. Even the ones people joke "Watch out he bites" because he never ever does. They all want a piece of me. I had a cat for a couple of months when I was in Whistler but she died of heart failure at 8 months. My only kitty. I still know nothing about them.

Bearsmom
January 19th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Just getting our family over the chest/sinus flu, and two days later developing the stomach flu. Yay.:(

meb999
January 19th, 2006, 12:58 PM
neighbors who ask me why I got a pitbull, seeing as how they're vicious, vicious dogs. -- ummmm, first of all he's a boxer, second of all you don't know what you're talking about!

jiorji
January 19th, 2006, 01:59 PM
LOL meb that's just too funny. I can just picture your dog's face "Umm.... what did she call me??"

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 19th, 2006, 07:09 PM
strangers that discipline your kids for you. :evil:

when the snow plow drives down the street and piles all the snow right in front of your driveway :eek:

when you call someone and they never return your calls, and then you run into them and they tell you to call them. :mad:

when you take your kid to a friends house and their kids are mean to your kids and the parents pretend not to notice.

rivers
January 19th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Heard of rechargable batteries? Mine know all about how to recharge their batteries in the charger! And they're only 3 and 5 yrs! I don't mind noisy toys...it's better than hearing them whine! (which they don't do anyway, lol)

Pet peeve: other peoples children that whine on and on and on, and the parent mothers them and moddlecoddles them, which makes the whining worse. (eg. oh, poor baby, oh, come here, poochicoochie, what's wrong snookums...) get the idea?

Gazoo
January 19th, 2006, 07:49 PM
when teenagers smoke dope in front of my house. Go away! :evil:

b/c they won't share?? :p :D

Gazoo
January 19th, 2006, 08:05 PM
I hate it when waiters/waitresses say: Would you like your change? when you hand them cash......

Ummmm.........yeah.............sure........ take that 8 dollars from that $20.

I'll decide if I'm gonna tip or not and how much!!!!!

on the same topic....

I hate the freakin tip jars that are everywhere now.... I just bought a regular cuppa coffee and ya served me for..................

...like what........ 15 or 20 seconds.....

why the hell do you deserve a tip!?!?!?!?!

(the exception is places I frequent regularly where I am served well)

cpietra16
January 19th, 2006, 08:14 PM
You get married on Saturday...leave for a week....following Saturday you get..."So when will you have a baby".....this goes on until you have your first child...a month later..."So are you having a second"....IS THERE NO END to this madness? :eek:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 19th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Gazoo=
I hate the freakin tip jars that are everywhere now.... I just bought a regular cuppa coffee and ya served me for..................

places that automatically add the 15% tip onto the bill regardless of whether you've had good service or not.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 19th, 2006, 08:33 PM
parents that are so over protective of their kids, the insist on holding there hand at the park, and when they try and run they say dont run you'll fall. Heaven forbid your child should fall on his diaper and hurt his little bum bum. :D

having a rule at my kids school to take your shoes/boots off at the door. So you do it for a while than notice that no-one else does it including the parents.So you wipe your shoes really well and leave them on like everyone else does, ,and some parent on the advisory council decides to make and example out of you and makes you take off your shoes, but no one else does and you have to walk down the soaking wet hall in your socks and get your feet all wet, but everyone else is still coming in the door with their shoes on and the same parent never says anything to them.

Gazoo
January 19th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Gazoo=

places that automatically add the 15% tip onto the bill regardless of whether you've had good service or not.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

jiorji
January 19th, 2006, 09:35 PM
trying recipes off the Martha Stewart website and ending up with something totally different than the picture next to her recipe.

at least it tastes good...*nervous laugh*

papillonmama
January 27th, 2006, 10:40 PM
I was reading the 'mangled purebreed thread" and I realized I do have another pet peeve, well, one that no one's mentioned yet, anyway.

When I take my twins out in their double stroller, even when I leave the dog or the older kids at home, guaranteed someone will say, "You've got your hands full." I never know what to say, so I just 'yeah, I know.' (Yeesh, like I didn't notice). If it's just me and the kids it will only happen a couple times a day, but if a dog or an older kid is there, watch out. Heh heh, little do they know, I have a whole zoo at home.:evil:

I don't find it offensive or anything, but when you hear it at 2 or 3 times a day, it gets a bit redundant. Not quite the smarty pants thing that I guess it was meant to be, ya know?

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 28th, 2006, 07:06 PM
stepping on lego ouch that hurts. :eek:

Bearsmom
February 2nd, 2006, 04:47 PM
Co workers who b*tch non stop but never ever come up with solutions to a problem.

jjgeonerd
February 2nd, 2006, 05:50 PM
When people don't say thanks after I hold the door open for them (men or women)...especially if I have to pause to wait for them. :mad:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 2nd, 2006, 06:57 PM
or when you have your hands full of groceries kids etc and the person in front of you just lets it slam in your face.

When you are on a bus and you see young people taking up the seats that are for the seniors or disabled. I dont take the bus anymore but I remember I used to glare at them until they moved.

Writing4Fun
February 2nd, 2006, 07:17 PM
When people don't say thanks after I hold the door open for them (men or women)...especially if I have to pause to wait for them. :mad:
You know, I honestly don't remember this ever happening to me. :confused:

Gotta tell you this story. OK, I'm huge. I would give anything to be a size 15, ok? Anyhow, when I first moved to Ontario, I met my new teammates at my new job and we decided to go shopping over the lunch hour. So, here's me - all 200++lbs of me - at a new job in a new city in a new province with a bunch of size 3 coworkers I just met, going shopping for clothes. Can you say "Colossal Mistake"?? One of the girls picks up a size 13 skirt off the rack and says (no joke), "Oh my God! Look at the size of this thing! Who the heck wears this?? I mean, it's HUGE! It's a TENT!" And then she looks over at me, trying to hide my bulk behind several racks of clothing, pretending that I have something in my eye. I'd like to think that was a look of extreme guilt and pain in her eyes, but I think it was something closer to embarrassment at having just eaten a large helping of foot sandwich. :rolleyes:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 2nd, 2006, 07:58 PM
Writing for fun You know, I honestly don't remember this ever happening to me.

it happened to me I had both kids, the youngest wasnt even walking yet and I was carrying him, plus holding my other ones hand, and I had groceries this women coming the other way, just walked through the door and it slammed right on us, she didnt even stop. I yelled at her thanks a lot, maybe you could learn some manners, I was so mad I mean what a B$%ch! I would never do that to someone.

As for as your co-workers I think you should have grabbed that skirt and said thanks its just my size...then grabbed a size three off the rack and start going on, who wears these, what are we in the kids section, do these tiny people not eat, these clothes would fit a barbie doll, and on and on. :evil:

Bearsmom
February 5th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Snow.

Seriously.

mummummum
February 5th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Snow.

Seriously.

Inch thick salt on the sidewalk when there IS NO SNOW.:mad: People of Toronto - do you hear me - ENOUGH WITH THE SALT ALREADY !!!

Snow - I would kill for snow. Seriously.

Bearsmom
February 5th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Well, get yourself to anywhere north of highway 24, there's GOBS of snow up there.

On the good side, 14 more sleeps till Panama! Yippeeee

mummummum
February 5th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Well, get yourself to anywhere north of highway 24, there's GOBS of snow up there.

On the good side, 14 more sleeps till Panama! Yippeeee

Well now, how fair is THAT I ask you ?!
You get snow AND Panama?

Bearsmom
February 5th, 2006, 11:45 PM
Not fair, I agree, but not cheap by any means. Ah, well, 2005's been a bad year, we need this vacation badly!

jiorji
February 6th, 2006, 01:07 PM
constant complaining about snow:rolleyes:

Ok it's CANADA. Isn't snow what being Canadian is all about?? Suck it up!! :p :evil:

Plus in all fairness....it's normal to have snow in winter. It's Unnormal to have this kind of weather in january. I don't think most people realize what such drastic climate changes can do to our planet. I think people should complain that tehre's not enough snow. We NEED snow! it's part of the balance that keeps this planet alive.

Writing4Fun
February 6th, 2006, 01:24 PM
We NEED snow! it's part of the balance that keeps this planet alive.
I have to agree there. The deadly winter cold is what keeps the bee and hornet populations under control come spring time. Mild winters mean more hornets, which means hungrier hornets, which means nastier hornets!:eek:

While we're on the topic of snow, my one-liner pet peeve is:
Four-Wheel-Drive Pinheads (as Terry & Ted used to call them) - you know the ones - driving their SUVs and other 4-wheel drive vehicles like they're immortal. Fellas, not only are there still risks involved, but it takes skill to handle that vehicle in these conditions ... something you're clearly lacking. :evil:

Luvmypit
February 6th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Closing a thread before I press send on a long post! :evil:

jiorji
February 6th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Fellas, not only are there still risks involved, but it takes skill to handle that vehicle in these conditions ... something you're clearly lacking. :evil:

I couldn't agree more.

The issue I have is this: once a few cm of snow come, you hear about all those accidents on the news about cars going off the road and into the ditch and all of a sudden people freak out...my mom included hehe

The problem isn't snow. The problem is bad drivers.

I've been driving for 2-3 years now and the car I used to drive is a 1990 Ford Wagon. Horrible breaks...skids like mad at the slightest rain. And YET....I have never had any accidents! Why is that??
People enjoy summer driving while on 10cm of snow and then they wonder why their car went into the other lane.

Don't break at the last minute. Don't get road rage. Refrain from passing in snow storms. Slow down and don't turn at the intersection at the last minute when there's snow on the ground. Chances are your car will either A. stall...or B. Skid.
But what do I know....I've only had parents take the time to instruct me on proper driving.

I say....if there's a snow storm and you're 5 minutes late for work...take your time....you're late already what's a few minutes more going to do??:)

Or better yet call in and say "my car doesn't want to start today. So not walking to work!...see ya in the spring" :evil: hehe

true story....:cool:

Prin
February 6th, 2006, 02:17 PM
People who get new cars and expect the original tires to be top of the line, make you invinsible tires. Do you really think the manufacturer/dealer is not going to cut costs by putting cheap crap tires on there? Do you know how many brand new cars end up in the ditch when it snows? It's really sad.

meb999
February 6th, 2006, 02:24 PM
' wow! you look really tired today! '
Thanks. I look like crap. I hadn't noticed, but thank you for pointing it out.

shannonRN
February 6th, 2006, 03:01 PM
People who get new cars and expect the original tires to be top of the line, make you invinsible tires. Do you really think the manufacturer/dealer is not going to cut costs by putting cheap crap tires on there? Do you know how many brand new cars end up in the ditch when it snows? It's really sad.

Had that happen to me...I wrapped my brand new Toyota around a pole when I got pulled into the slush on the shoulder of the road. I wasn't driving like I was invincible or anything--My tires were BALD and I didn't realize it. Had <6000mi on the odometer, so I didn't think I had to be checking my tires :sad:

Prin
February 6th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Had that happen to me...I wrapped my brand new Toyota around a pole when I got pulled into the slush on the shoulder of the road. I wasn't driving like I was invincible or anything--My tires were BALD and I didn't realize it. Had <6000mi on the odometer, so I didn't think I had to be checking my tires :sad:
Awww... That sucks. Now everybody on pets.ca has learned something, right?:fingerscr Be safe everybody.

Bushfire2000
February 6th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Children who argue about bedtimes. Go to bed already.

Prin
February 6th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Five more minutes.

Shamrock
February 7th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Cosmetic products that dont even remotely begin to do what they promote.;)

Prin
February 7th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Shamrock, the only way to get rid of cellulite is exercise!:D I just saw an ad for an anticellulite cream.:rolleyes:

HunterXHunter
February 7th, 2006, 12:11 PM
People who press the UP and DOWN button at the elevator...yeah, like it's gonna come faster that way...sheesh

Writing4Fun
February 7th, 2006, 12:13 PM
People who think winter tires are a "scam".

Bushfire - you must have been to my house. This is a nightly occurrance. :rolleyes: And then there's the morning struggle to wake up. Well, if you'd go to sleep when I tell you to...! :evil:

Prin - WHAT?! You mean all that money on miracle creams and diet pills is WASTED?! :eek: :crazy:

Writing4Fun
February 7th, 2006, 12:14 PM
People who press the UP and DOWN button at the elevator...yeah, like it's gonna come faster that way...sheesh
Or people who press it another 15 times after they just saw you press it. Yeah, 'cause I did it wrong the first time. :p

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 7th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Prin= Shamrock, the only way to get rid of cellulite is exercise! I just saw an ad for an anticellulite cream.

I spen too much money on that stuff and it never works I even ordered this miracle gel cream off the interenet . Your supposed to rub it until it heats up then the dimples just melt away ya right.

I heard preparation H works for cellulite but I have yet to try it.

pet peeve, when I wear my contact lenses and someone asks me how I can see without my glasses.

Prin
February 7th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Your supposed to rub it until it heats up then the dimples just melt away ya right.

Do I smell BACON!?!:D

Bushfire2000
February 7th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Bushfire - you must have been to my house. This is a nightly occurrance. :rolleyes: And then there's the morning struggle to wake up. Well, if you'd go to sleep when I tell you to...! :evil:

:

Oh yah!!
and have you heard the one about "I don't have any homework mom" at bedtime. And then at the breakfast table "My reports due today. It's done, but I need a jacket and tie, Johnny wore a pink bow tie do we have one?" That was this morning and I sent him to school with his dads suit jacket (please don't spill anything on it) and a straight tie no bow ties in the house and definitely not a pink one.

Pet peeve:

The dreded breakfast table homework assignment.

Bearsmom
February 7th, 2006, 02:32 PM
[QUOTE=jiorji]constant complaining about snow:rolleyes:

Ok it's CANADA. Isn't snow what being Canadian is all about?? Suck it up!! :p :evil: [QUOTE]

Really? :rolleyes: I had NO IDEA :rolleyes:

Shamrock
February 7th, 2006, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE=Prin]Shamrock, the only way to get rid of cellulite is exercise!:D /QUOTE]

Not even then, Prin.;)

Does this mean I'll have to scrap my "miracle pills" that guarantee I'lll shed pounds without ever lifting a finger?.

And what of the promises to "visibly reduce wrinkles?"
From what distance?

I'm not a big cosmetic user of any kind... but their wild claims just irk me.. Multi -billion dollar industry preying on the insecurities of (mostly) women.

rivers
February 7th, 2006, 04:37 PM
People that drive these HUGE dodge type vans with extra axels on the sides, and what ever else they can add on to the outside to make it even bigger! Even though this doesn't mean it can carry heavier loads, it is all cosmetic! :mad:

But I especially get mad when I had to go the emergency hospital at night with my 1year old, who needed stitches on his chin, and who almost bit through his tongue, and is bleeding profusely, and when I get to the emergency parking, I can't get around this dodge van because it is so frigging HUGE, that it is blocking the way, and I couldn't turn around either, so I had to struggle to get out of the parking, and park miles away, and this was all during a snow storm!!:evil: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

PS, my son is fine now

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 7th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Rivers= PS, my son is fine now

glad your little guy is okay, I hate those trips to emergency.

Pet Peeve: At my sons school there is two parking lots one for the teachers and one for the parents. The one for teachers you arent even supposed to drive through let alone park in. This women I know - that thinks shes all that - drives the 1/2 block from her house to the school parks in the teachers lots and picks up her kids and drives home. I mean what makes her so special she can park in the teachers lot. Even at preschool if there were no spots, instead of just parking accross the street, she would just block the entire driveway so no-one could get in or out.

Other pet peeve people that drive 1/2 block to school to pick up their kids.

papillonmama
February 7th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Parking enforcement officers who wait outside of schools at 9 am just waiting for someone to be late and have to bring their kid in to the office.:rolleyes:

jiorji
February 7th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Or people who press it another 15 times after they just saw you press it. Yeah, 'cause I did it wrong the first time. :p

hehe I do that when I want the door to close. Some elevators take forever to get on their way. So much for wanting to get the doors as fast as possible so the person behind you won't catch up and make small talk in the tiny elevator. hehe or speak to you in really bad Quebecois and make you feel like an idiot by nodding away not understanding hehe :o

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 7th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Shamrock= Does this mean I'll have to scrap my "miracle pills" that guarantee I'lll shed pounds without ever lifting a finger?.

As long as you use them with those plastic pants that are supposed to melt the inches away in minutes, and the ab belt that vibrates your belly flat while you sit and watch tv. You shouldnt have a problem at all. :D :D

jesse's mommy
February 10th, 2006, 07:53 PM
People parking in handicapped parking spaces that aren't handicapped!!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 10th, 2006, 10:24 PM
jesse mommy =

People parking in handicapped parking spaces that aren't handicapped!!

I hate people that do - that. One time I was helping my dad out my car as hes got parkinsons and needs a wheelchair most of the time. We were actually going to my nieces wedding and had to double park so we could take him up the ramp. This guy stops behind me can totally see I am helping my dad out of the car and starts leaning on the horn and yelling at us to move it. I just looked at him like you a**h*** and said - "you know you can actually go around"

technodoll
March 31st, 2006, 01:42 PM
oooooh i remembered one this morning... sneezing right after applying fresh mascara... :mad: (women will know what i mean!!)

jiorji
March 31st, 2006, 05:13 PM
yes!! my thread has come back to life :evil:

Prin
March 31st, 2006, 06:07 PM
I've never worn mascara, but I can imagine.. I think...:o

Car radiators that fail.

Mosquitoes that come out so early (the snow's not even all gone yet!).:mad:

Writing4Fun
March 31st, 2006, 06:43 PM
People who absolutely refuse to believe that there's even the slightest, minute possibility that Dumbledore might be - maybe - alive.

technodoll
March 31st, 2006, 08:56 PM
the new carton of eggs you just bought, nothing cracked, but one egg is glued to the container so you can't take it out! :mad:

Prin
March 31st, 2006, 11:13 PM
Can't you just crack off the top when you want to use it?:p

The stalling on "Deal or No Deal", not that I watch it.:cool:

mom_to_many
April 1st, 2006, 08:58 AM
The people visiting across the street who CANNOT walk 5 feet to the front door and knock...NO...let's honk the horn until someone comes to the door. My dogs just love em!:mad:

Frenchy
April 1st, 2006, 09:10 AM
sneezing and mascara!Yep,you try to sneeze with your eyes wide open,what we women have to endure.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 1st, 2006, 09:38 AM
co-workers that can't do their jobs and constantly ask you for help without even attempting to find the answer -, and will distrurb when you are in the middle of a call and expect you to just come and help them, and they constantly wine and tell customers they can't help them when I am telling her exactly how to help them - she wines and gets mad at me and tranfers the customers to some unknown dept. So why bother to ask.

the other day I heard her talk back to a customer - I guess they asked her how the weather was - and her reply was fine - and whats that got to do with your bill - nice rapport uh!

but yesterday was my last day at my former job. :D

Writing4Fun
April 1st, 2006, 11:32 AM
the other day I heard her talk back to a customer - I guess they asked her how the weather was - and her reply was fine - and whats that got to do with your bill - nice rapport uh! What company did you say you worked for? I think I might have spoken to her a few times. :evil: ;)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 1st, 2006, 11:50 AM
No it wouldnt have been her all of the customers are from the US. :D IT must have been her sister that works for the other company. :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 13th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Giving someone a ride to work everyday - even on the days when you wanted to stay home because you felt like crap - but went anyways as you know you are her only way to get there so you still go.

Then you listen to her say everyday that she is going to get a car next week - or after she gets this money. Then you even tell her that you are looking for a new job - just to give her time to get a car.

So then you tell her that you are quitting in two weeks - just to make sure she has enough time - so your driving to work on your last day - and she lets you know that last night - the night before your last day - she actually got a car - but its not insured yet - she'll do that tommorow.

Then on the way home while giving her, her last ride home on your last day - she generously offers - gee too bad your quitting we could start taking my car its so much better in gas.

Well gee thanks isnt that thoughtful :angel: :evil: If you only you had thought of that 9 months ago. :mad: :D

Melei'sMom
April 17th, 2006, 02:23 PM
~people who wear sweats to a funeral

~people who mess with my sticky notes

~people/neighbours who don't clean up a years worth of poopoo so I can't have my windows on that side of the house open.

~people who do some small favor for you and even though you have thanked them, they will bring it up in various ways and in many places for a week to make sure you get to sing their praises many times. (right up til you feel like slapping them in the head and stating that a monkey could have done it too:evil: )

~reading someones pet peeve and realizing you are guilty of that on occasion;)

**edited cause my spelling sucks

jesse's mommy
April 17th, 2006, 06:14 PM
In-laws....

technodoll
April 17th, 2006, 06:28 PM
being sick and waiting at the clinic for hours because there is only one lousy doctor on duty - thanks canada for your excellent health-care system :sick:

jiorji
April 17th, 2006, 06:28 PM
having only 3 days left to write 2 essay-reports for your final and not feeling like writing it, cos you know, there's always better things to do when the weather's above 8 degrees :cool: ....plus ...I just don't feel like it...so i guess that's my pet peeve...no motivation lol

joeysmama
April 17th, 2006, 06:29 PM
LOL--I'm going to second Jesse's in law peeve cuz I'm on a roll with the in law complaints this week. I have another one too.

People who love you to pieces as long as you're catering to them and being at their beck and call. But they have short memories and the minute you have a life of your own their attitude changes to "what have you done for me lately?" The momen you're not doing for them they could care less about you.

t.pettet
April 17th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Unforgiveable comment: ITS JUST A DOG!

jiorji
April 18th, 2006, 05:44 PM
anyone here hate it when someone else tells them they're mistreating their pet???

my dad's friend......(who by the way doesn't have cats...he had a dog that he quickly gave up after his wife had a kid cos she asked him to)......everytime my cats come up in the conversation never fails to tell me that he thinks my cats are fat and they are depressed and that I am a bad owner because I don't allow my cats to go outside.

ok first off:....

I have bedabted this myself a few times...and I decided it's best that i don't allow my cats outside for many reasons:
1. i don't live in suburbia
2. there's many cars around
3. there's many kids around
5. I live on the third floor.
4. most importantly.....my cats don't WANT to be be outside. Evrytime the balcony door opens they run and hide....they don't feel safe being outside.

and "my cats are fat"??? if they were fat my vet would be sure to let me know.
and suggesting that I don't feed them their special cat food and feeding them table scraps will NOT help with their "fatness".

"yeah but they don't like that dry food, they'd rather have chicken" says he
answer : ummm...no they wouldn't. I once fed them left overs and I had a lot of complaints and meows of protest. hehe

So thanks Mr. Dad's-friend for your concern, but it's useless!

Prin
April 18th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Yeah, advice about animals is hard... So many people think they're doing what's best, when it really isn't. (Who knows, we could be too...)

Writing4Fun
April 18th, 2006, 09:49 PM
I've recently learned a lesson...My mother always said you don't discuss religion or politics amongst friends or strangers. Now we can add pets to that list too.

(Removed the rant. Felt good to get it off my chest, but it didn't need to stay here.)

Sorry for the mini-vent and slight hijack. :o

jiorji
April 18th, 2006, 10:10 PM
I guess its the same as offering parenting advice.
and i know it ends up being "personal opinion" and "i do what i think is best" but one should know when to stop bugging about it. He said it once...let it go.
He should get a cat of his own and let her roam around the building amongst cars and such if he thinks that's ok. To each their own. I prefer my cats to be where I can see them and jump off my chair if they make the slightest little noise.

I'm overprotective ok!! :o

Prin
April 18th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Yep, no pet advice. Ever! :D Or say your peace and RUN! :D

mummummum
April 18th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Some of my faves
Marie Dressler: "No vice is so bad as advice"
Carolyn Wells: " Advice is one of those things it is far more blessed to give than receive"
and paraphrasing Ayn Rand: "It is not advisable to venture unsolicited opinions. You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener"

:D

Writing4Fun
April 19th, 2006, 08:35 AM
I've got one for you Mum: Never give advice. The wise don't need it, and fools won't heed it.

OK, so here's the list of things we can't discuss:
- Politics
- Religion
- Pet rearing
- Parenting
- If you live in Ontario, hockey ;)

Anything else?

Prin
April 19th, 2006, 11:09 AM
- diets (i.e. veganism, fad diets, atkins, etc etc) it can become a very heated debate...

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 19th, 2006, 07:38 PM
A former friend used to give me unwanted parenting advice and would compare my kids to hers - of course hers were normal and mine werent

-mine can count to 20 and yours can only count to 10 -
-maybe you should teach them manners your son was burping at the table.
-I think your son has ADD, ADHD, and a number of other disorders he should be tested for all of them

or when an adult makes a comment about my sons speech -

"what is he saying - sounds like he made up his own language - hey kid can't you speak english"

he's speech delayed and thanks for your kind words :evil:

jesse's mommy
April 19th, 2006, 07:44 PM
-maybe you should teach them manners your son was burping at the table.

Wow, they would hate me! I burp all the time. I try to see how loud and long I can make them. Jim thinks it's funny. I ask him if he finds me sexy and that's about the time the smile fades from his face and walks away. If we are in the car, I'll burp and blow it at him so he can bask in the ambiance. I know I'm gross but after five years you have to do stuff to keep things light and fun!

raingirl
April 19th, 2006, 07:46 PM
when I was a kid my friend's family would have burping contests at the table. It was hilarious!

jesse's mommy
April 19th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Jim tells people they would have a hard time beating me. :p

Writing4Fun
April 19th, 2006, 08:37 PM
My husband insists that, when I belch, scientists from across the province can pick up readings on their seizemometers (sp?). :p

Parenting advice is the best, isn't it? One of my brothers has a wife who believes her children are as perfect as can be and can do no wrong (thankfully, they live in another province). The last time we were there for a visit, my son (6) came crying to me on two occasions. One time, her son (10) was pushing him around. Her answer, "Oh, come on! My son? Beating someone up? He's never hurt a fly in his entire life!" Oh, I see. So then it's my son who's lying, is it? The other time, her son had called him "fat". Really? "Hey, kettle! It's me ... the pot! You're lookin' a little dark there, kettle!" :rolleyes: His mother just ignored the comment altogether. You know, because my son was clearly overreacting. ;)

mummummum
April 19th, 2006, 08:48 PM
- diets (i.e. veganism, fad diets, atkins, etc etc) it can become a very heated debate...

A woman in our office is an anorexic in denial who preaches ad nauseum to gals who have a few or more pounds to lose or just love their choc's - whatever - about their food choices, diets, calories per gram, junk food all the while ....are you ready for this...stirring her coffee with it's six sweeteners and milk INTO her bowl of all-bran:eek: and then comes over to me while eating this SLOP and gossips about so and so's eating habits LOUDLY. Every day it's a challenge to find a new way to politely say "Go Away - I don't care and that #2-used-cat-litter-box-stuff you're eating is making me sick. Just because I'm thin DOESN'T mean we're soul sisters!" She never seems to "get it".

I've never quite understood what she thinks the gals with a few pounds to lose should reply to her with "OMG ! You're RIGHT..I'm HUMONGOUS - how could I not have noticed all this time??? THANK YOU!!!".

I make it a point NEVER to discuss my weight, my dress size or give advice on food and nutrition unless asked directly. I think too many women focus (obsess) way too much on weight and and dress size rather than health and physical fitness. Now, that's not to say I'm not above getting into a pizza-eating contest with all comers...:D