Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Have we met?

Schwinn
January 11th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Maybe you held the door for me...or flipped me off in traffic.

I was thinking about this the other day...we talk to each other quite often in here, but, for the most part, many of us wouldn't know if we ran into each other. Sometimes, when I'm feeling philisophical and corny, I try to keep in mind when I'm aggravated by someone in traffic or the mall, it may be someone who I hold in high regard on this board, and how would I treat them?

Anyway, it was just something I was thinking about the other day. (By the way, don't cut off the guy in the RED RANGER...)

Prin
January 11th, 2006, 11:35 AM
I haven't met you Schwinn. You're too far away.

And the only likelyhood we'd be picked out of a crowd is by our doggies. So just bring them everywhere you go.:)

Beaglemom
January 11th, 2006, 12:32 PM
I've often thought about similar things. There are people on this board who live in the same city and who may very well work in the same area. We may even frequent the same places, but wouldn't know it!

Prin, you made a good point. I think we would be recognized by our pets first!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 11th, 2006, 02:29 PM
I am pretty sure I havent met any of you your all to far away. The closest to me is Schnauser girl. I think we should all meet in Calgary sometime.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 11th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Beagle Mom =

I've often thought about similar things. There are people on this board who live in the same city and who may very well work in the same area. We may even frequent the same places, but wouldn't know it!

Prin, you made a good point. I think we would be recognized by our pets first

I think I would definately recognise Jemma giving me the evil grin. :D :evil: :D :p

Schwinn
January 11th, 2006, 02:50 PM
I haven't met you Schwinn. You're too far away.

But I have been skiing and mountain biking in Quebec, so you never know...

Shamrock
January 11th, 2006, 04:58 PM
lol.. Yes.. the pets would be the tipoff definitely! I think I'd recognize a lot of your pets if I passed them on the street.

When I walked up to my local school to vote last election, I had my doggie with me ( inside pooch pouch) The woman taking my ballot admired him for a moment, and then commented.. "You must be Percy's mom". I was taken aback and amused at this, as we were strangers.

On many occassions, I'd stopped and chatted briefly with her husband while we were both out walking our dogs in the neighbourhood.

She didnt know me, or anything about me - but she knew a lot about my dog.:)

doggy lover
January 11th, 2006, 05:04 PM
I've been to Quebec too......... I have wondered about this before, when I see a dog in the park or walking down the street with their owner I wonder if it is one I have seen here. If I thought it was I'd probably ask. Could you just see that hey Shamrock, how are ya, or Nice to meet you Schwinn. We don't really even know each others name.:p

StaceyB
January 11th, 2006, 05:11 PM
I have known a couple from this site and met a couple more but I am not sure that I have met anyone without knowing but who knows, maybe.

Iggette
January 11th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Ohhhh so your the guy in the Red Ranger....lol;)

We just may have crossed paths I have lived up here for 7 years now and travel around in Georgina, Uxbridge Sunderland through bradford to Innisville etc......

I'll keep my eye out..... If ya see a strange woman wavin or starin it'll be me:p or another chick who just thinks your a hottie:D

doggy lover
January 11th, 2006, 07:23 PM
My parents live in Bradford and I go through there to get to my cottage, small world, we might cross paths sometime. I'm the one in a black dodge with a red atv on the trailer behind. Tucker is driving. LOL

Iggette
January 11th, 2006, 07:31 PM
What a sweet lookin puppy:pawprint:

Have you lived in that area of Scarborough long? Sounds almost like the area I left 7 years ago, my son and daughter went to trade school also We used to call the area Ben Jungle

doggy lover
January 11th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Ben Jungle? I live in the south east part of Scarb, here for over 2 years and north of here for over 15. I think Scarb is still a great place to live, it has its ups and downs but there are problems everywhere.

raingirl
January 11th, 2006, 08:32 PM
I spoke with someone from here on the phone once for something for my job. Won't say who though...It was a weird coincidence. As soon as I saw where I had to call, I realized I knew someone who worked there, and someone with the same name picked up the phone!

papillonmama
January 11th, 2006, 09:41 PM
It is a small world isn't it...

You guys would have me pegged easy, I'm the one with the double stroller and the papillon leading the way, LOL!

I admit that sometimes I see people walking their dogs in the park or just down the street and wonder if they might be one of you all.

Schwinn has a point, I'll try to be friendlier to strangers now, especially the ones admiring the dog. ;)

Luvmypit
January 12th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Igette Igette!!!

I lived just around the ben jungle (or my parents still do but I lived there for 20 years )!!! Jarwick sound familiar...?? Its the street where the bendale school is and the hydro feild.. OMG

SO HILARIOUS

raingirl
January 12th, 2006, 07:07 PM
I admit I got lost in the ben jungle once!

I grew up Ortonpark and Ellesmere area. I dated a guy on Aspendale Dr for 9 years.

I miss scarborough. There are some REALLY great places to live there. I would love to live near Morningside park! I miss being able to get on the path on Lawrence near Orton park and ride my bike all the way to Lawrence and Meadowvale!

babyrocky1
January 12th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Well alot of the pittie owners have now met in "real life" cause were doing the pit bull co-op and cause we go to rallies and events. Its fun, were all nice and can vouch for each other...I think, i mean everyone I've met is nice and I think that I am;) The dogs like each other, thats gotta mean something lOL But yeah I guess even more so for some of us cause when we do go to the rallies etc. were kinda looking around wondering if the person next to us might be someone we know...theres a good chance of it.

babyrocky1
January 12th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Heres another thought, since were trying to organize a fund-raiser in Toronto, maybe lots of pets.ca people could come and meet one another....if you dare....LOL

babyrocky1
January 12th, 2006, 07:59 PM
I had a sister in law in Keswick but that was many, many yrs. ago, probably way before your time Schwinn, she owned a hairdressing shop there for many yrs. You would have been riding your tricycle then LOL AWWW baby Scwinn!

Prin
January 12th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Heres another thought, since were trying to organize a fund-raiser in Toronto, maybe lots of pets.ca people could come and meet one another....if you dare....LOL
Just remember that real life adds 10-15 lbs...:D

babyrocky1
January 12th, 2006, 10:32 PM
Just remember that real life adds 10-15 lbs...:DOr years in some cases:eek:

Schwinn
January 13th, 2006, 01:00 PM
I had a sister in law in Keswick but that was many, many yrs. ago, probably way before your time Schwinn, she owned a hairdressing shop there for many yrs. You would have been riding your tricycle then LOL AWWW baby Scwinn!

Unless it was in the last two years, probably! Before that, I was anywhere from Hanover to Windsor, and various points in between.

One of the things that got me thinking about this was that Mrs. Schwinn and I met about six years ago. At least, so we thought. We since realized that about 28 years ago, her family used to go swimming at the Hanover Dam, part of which was on my grandfather's property, where I lived. And when I was in school in Windsor, there was an apartment down the hall from my apartment that was always having parties. It turned out, they were her best friends (this was about 8 years before we met). There was also another moment in time where our paths crossed that escapes me right now. For all I know, we've met a few times, if only in passing.

Prin
January 13th, 2006, 01:29 PM
oo I saw BoxerRescueMTL's man in concert... His drummer was in my grade 10 science class... There's one!:D

And one of my man's best friends was at a concert (the last Smashing Pumpkins concert in Montreal) about 8 years ago (4 years before we met). He's a very distinct-looking guy...

If anybody has been snowboarding from about 1998 to 2002 in either Whistler, Banff or Vermont, you probably saw me. I had a burgundy helmet (one of the only helmets back then), with long braids and black pants and jacket and I was one of the only girls in the pipe or in the terrain park that could actually do stuff... I was there all the time... If you saw a tiny girly alone in the park all day, it was probably me.;)

Luvmypit
January 13th, 2006, 02:59 PM
PRIN my bro lived there at the time and we visited him. Stayed at the Delta there. I bought a Kangol bag from the store my sister in law worked at... I cant remember the name... I keep thinking Free or Fred probably not even close. Also my borthers buddy and his wife still live there. My bro was also into mountain biking. But both were huge into snowboarding and often would pick up hitchhikers in his Green truck. Apprently almost all would hitchhike, just that kind of atmosphere.

maddoxies
January 13th, 2006, 03:20 PM

My nephew in law is a pastor in Keswick for the past 8 years.

And I am moving to Whitby/Ajax in 2 weeks. This world gets any smaller, someone is going to fall off ;)

Prin
January 13th, 2006, 03:35 PM
PRIN my bro lived there at the time and we visited him. Stayed at the Delta there. I bought a Kangol bag from the store my sister in law worked at... I cant remember the name... I keep thinking Free or Fred probably not even close. Also my borthers buddy and his wife still live there. My bro was also into mountain biking. But both were huge into snowboarding and often would pick up hitchhikers in his Green truck. Apprently almost all would hitchhike, just that kind of atmosphere.
You're talking about Whistler right? I worked beside the Delta in Whistler... Whistler is like never never land. You go there to never grow up...:party:

Writing4Fun
January 13th, 2006, 03:40 PM
oo I saw BoxerRescueMTL's man in concert... His drummer was in my grade 10 science class... There's one!:D
Hey, Prin, who is BoxerRescueMTL's man? PM me if you don't want to post it here. :cool:

Prin
January 13th, 2006, 03:46 PM
He's in her profile... The hottie next to the redhead..:D I don't know if she wants me to say in pubic what band and all that...:D :angel:

Writing4Fun
January 13th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Nope, don't recognize him, but that doesn't mean I haven't heard of him.;) Very cool business she has, by the way!:thumbs up

I keep forgetting to keep an eye out for the RED RANGER. :D

Iggette, if you're ever driving around and see a coyote or fox in the back of a green CR-V, that's me. :clown:

cpietra16
January 13th, 2006, 05:24 PM
[QUOTE=Schwinn]Maybe you held the door for me...or flipped me off in traffic.

I hope I don't flip the wrong person...maybe pets.ca should have bumper sticker so that the pets people stand out a bit and will be easy to ID:D

Prin
January 13th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Yeah, we'll start sort of a pets.ca network or uhh.. mafia?:D

Catt31
January 14th, 2006, 10:18 PM
We had a pets.ca group walk one day last summer here in Calgary! It was fun & neat to put faces to dogs!!! We all lost touch lately I think, or maybe it's just me...I haven't been around much!!!

Any word on Sammie or Heeler's & their babies?????

jesse's mommy
January 15th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I've never met anyone here. :sad: But if anyone decides to come see the mouse here, I would be happy to bring Jesse over!!! :D

My offer is still open about a donation, so please keep me in mind!!! :thumbs up

glasslass
January 15th, 2006, 07:51 PM
I am pretty sure I havent met any of you your all to far away.

You never know. My mom was riding down in an elevator once in Hong Kong. There was another woman on the elevator speaking English so they naturally checked each other out where they were from. Turned out she worked in the building behind my mom's office in Calif.!

Prin
January 15th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I've never met anyone here. :sad: But if anyone decides to come see the mouse here, I would be happy to bring Jesse over!!! :D Well, my man and I still haven't ever been to Disney anywhere, so you never know.

jesse's mommy
January 15th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Well if you ever decide to come here, be sure to let me know and you can meet the tongue on four legs.

Iggette
January 16th, 2006, 05:34 AM
I lived just around the ben jungle (or my parents still do but I lived there for 20 years )!!! Jarwick sound familiar...?? Its the street where the bendale school is and the hydro feild.. OMG

Both my son and daughter attended that school so yes I have travelled Jarwick plenty of days for almost 4 years:D this thread is very interesting...... Maybe we could get bumper stickers to identify ourselves....lol

Luvmypit
January 16th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Prin yes the Delta in Whistler. My brother and his now wife went there I guess to party. It was a long party of 2 1/2 years, They came back b/c my sister in law said my brother partied to hard. Go figure.

Yes Igette I would walk my dogs through there, go to the store up by Lawrence. I love that neighbourhood. Benhur, Benleigh, Benorama, Benalder , Benfrisco, Ben Nevis,,... ect... I wonder what the history is behind it. I can only assume that it has to do with a guy named ben.

Prin
January 17th, 2006, 12:43 AM
I agree with the bumper stickers... But we'd probably crash when we saw another one on the road...:D

Luvmypit, Whistler is weird that way. People say they're not going to get caught up in it, but they do. I think I'm the only person in history to go to Whistler and stay totally sober for 4 months...:o I went for the snowboarding... :)