- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

Hamilton "Digs"

January 10th, 2006, 09:06 PM
I would like to attend a wedding in February (yeah, I know February - Those Crazy Kids..) in Hamilton (ON) and have been researching accommodations for The Grrrrls, The Lad and myself. There is nothing on and on the city website I can find one 2 bedroom room for $224 (b4 tax, b4 pet-cleaning surcharge) a nite. We would need to be there the day before so I'm looking at a Friday and Saturday. As Bridie has still not declared a truce towards Declan I think a 2 bed is needed - a cottage would be even better. But, by the time I add up the van rental (there's NO way the 3 of them could fit in a car !) and the hotel, we're coming perilously close to the $1000. Yikes ! I don't think they would forgive me if I kennelled them and Declan's leash-manners-in-training status means that not just anyone can housesit - I'm not sure even an experienced pet sitter could handle the three of them (without serious drugs that is...). Their not destructive or noisy - just BIG and occasionally wilful! Anybody know of a 3-big-dogs friendly motel or cottage rental in the Hamilton area ? :fingerscr

January 10th, 2006, 10:18 PM
You can try this one.

They do have an 80lb limit....Hope that would be per dog.....LOL 177443

And this one here.

Not sure if you want to stay in Burlington.

Also,not sure but these places may not let you leave the dogs alone there.

I take it there are no family members or friends that could keep an eye on them?

January 10th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Unfortunately no one is willing or able to take on my beloved kermuttskis (and to think of all those diapers I changed !!!). And no one here is under 80 lbs(but, if I keep on this walking schedule I might soon be...). Thanks for the tips - I think all require pet-with-you-at-all-times (which might not go over so well at the wedding - it's simply IMPOSSIBLE to get a decent dawg-of-the-bride dress at this time of year!). Hmmmm, there's a thought - I'll get a triple toddler pram and bundle them up in swaddling blankets "Yes, they ARE awfully big - it was a DIFFICULT birth, you simply CAN'T imagine !). Thanks - I'll try the motel you suggested - I hadn't come across them as yet.