Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

best learning site for iPod??

technodoll
January 10th, 2006, 09:47 AM
ok i got this great xmas gift but feel like i'm not doing the right things with it! love it so far but awkward to use at times, i know there must be easier ways to learn how to get the most of your iPod... iTunes is fine but not much help in there either... does anyone know of a good website for tips and tricks? easy tutorials? :confused:

raingirl
January 10th, 2006, 05:47 PM
What do you need. BF and I are tech nuts. What are you having problems with?

You have itunes right? is it the getting music to the Ipod that is the problem, or getting music on to your computer. Do you have a Mac or PC?

Which Ipod do you have (regular, nano, mini, shuffle)?

what exactly are you trying to do with it? You download music, you play it. That's about it. You can use it as a harddrive as well, if you want to store files for moving from one computer to another.

certain new new new versions have photo and/or video viewing software, but not all.

technodoll
January 10th, 2006, 09:26 PM
thank you raingirl :)

I have the regular iPod (30 Gb), iTunes installed on my PC, bought some stuff from the iTunes store, ripped some of my CDs, all seems fine.

What I can't seem to do is match the iTunes display (under Library) to the display on the iPod. I see the playlists i created (under "music") but i see Photos, Videos, Songs, etc - where is that in iTunes?...

also when i rip a CD, how do i choose where it goes (artist or album)? some go under artist automatically, and some to album, and i can't seem to drag and drop or move stuff around.

hope some of this makes sense to you... i'm such a technozero sometimes, LOL!! :clown: thanks a million

SunGurl372
January 11th, 2006, 08:03 AM
My dad recommended this site to me when I got my iPod mini. It has pretty much everything you could possibly want...tutorials, forums, etc.

http://www.ilounge.com/
"The world's leading iPod resource for news, reviews, forums, tips, tutorials, software and more. "