Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

does this show have no limits?!?!

jiorji
January 9th, 2006, 11:46 PM
sigh...I can't keep silent any longer!

.............So the Carver has been revealed.
WOW...what haven't they dealt with in Nip/Tuck?
they have threesomes........transvetites........nazis, but the season finale REALLY made my jaw drop!

I'm not saying I'm offended, I just think they got really close to a line that shouldn;t be crossed. what do those writers eat before they get together to write the scripts?? Or what do they smoke?!?!
The part with Matt and Cherry was way out there. I thought that went a bit too far for tv. Sometimes it makes me wonder if they get so extreme only to be the #1 shocking series.

I won't even comment on the brother/sister love affair. I never liked those 2 characters anyways.

But oh well ...I will keep on watching just to see if they can top the finale.

anyone else care to comment?

technodoll
January 9th, 2006, 11:53 PM
i missed it (the showtimes are SO erratic, who can keep up??), so who is the carver?? loved the 1st season, the 2nd was all right, but then it spiraled downhill after that and some shows were downright rude - made me switch to another program to get my brain to stop spinning. i mean... ugh.

badger
January 10th, 2006, 12:11 AM
I find Nip/Tuck seriously weird, it's like everyone is POSSESSED. Sometimes I have to turn it off, which is rare for me, I have a high crap TV threshold.

Think I'll stick to Corry.

Prin
January 10th, 2006, 12:21 AM
I could never watch it. My sarcastic frown lines can't take it. I need a show that is at least a little bit realistic.

jiorji
January 10th, 2006, 12:23 AM
oh yeah..."rude" was the word I was looking for.

the carver turned out to be Quentin.Also turns out he had no p***s. hehe

Who's Corry badger??

badger
January 10th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Coronation Street, a British soap opera. It's addictive...although some people have a problem with the accents.

StaceyB
January 10th, 2006, 08:32 AM
I still can't get passed allowing swearing on t.v. What is it really needed for.

chico2
January 10th, 2006, 09:23 AM
I watched 5min of nip/tuck this week,toooo weird for me...I suppose I am oldfashioned,but I am glad I don't watch TV with kids anymore,like we once did(looong time ago:D )...

technodoll
January 10th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Quentin?? ho geez... :sick: well thanks for letting me know! now with julia pregnant, i know i'm not missing anything if i skip the show from now on, LOL! I'll stick to Desperate Housewives... :thumbs up

SnowDancer
January 10th, 2006, 01:33 PM
I also have had it with Nip/Tuck - but have decided that Desperate Housewives has become just too "desperate" for me. I think the only scene I really enjoyed of late was the episode when Lynette went into the bathroom to doll herself up and danced in the bar. Other than that, I prefer the Britishproduced mysteries - preferably those with Robson Green.

jiorji
January 10th, 2006, 02:26 PM
ugh! Desperate Housewives makes me want to watch Nip/Tuck even more.
I hate Gabrielle! And Terri Hatcher is just a HORRIBLE actress!seriously but what's with this wave of post 40 actresses acting like they're 20?? I'm all for feeling young but she's just horrible! No wonder they hate her on set :evil:

hehe I don't recall any swearing on Nip/Tuck...perhaps because i'm too amazed by Christians sex escapades with paper bags and fat girls that look like trouts. You know what I mean if you saw that episode.

And even with the extremeties on that show, i STILL find TV boring!

my last hopes are Grey's Anatomy and The Amazing Race.........oh! and the John Stewart show. hehe
forget the French channels. They all seem to revolve around Celine.:rolleyes:

technodoll
January 10th, 2006, 02:38 PM
yayy for Jon Stewart - he totally rocks!

and i've tuned out to most shows except CSI, House, Corner Gas and Desperate Housewives (just LOVE it, so "edward scissorhands", heh heh - ya gotta take it not seriously and with alot of salt, laugh at them not with them ya know? endearing characters IMO). thank god for The Learning Channel though, or I'd lose my mind.

What french tv? that annoying grumble between channel flipping? LOL LOL

Bushfire2000
January 10th, 2006, 03:02 PM
"Nip/Tuck" what?

Just joking. Don't like it. Never did watch a whole episode, only ten minutes once. It's not funny, not interesting, not anything.

CyberKitten
January 10th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Can I ask what the heck you all are talking about? I watch the news, the news and the news and Survivor when it is one and the occaisonal Law and Order tho even that is not as good as it used to be and I have sort of given up on ER because they claim to be "realistsic" and it is so laughable. We even have some sayings now based on the various characters who do stupid things, lol

CyberKitten
January 10th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Can I ask what the heck you all are talking about? I watch the news, the news and the news and Survivor when it is one and the occaisonal Law and Order tho even that is not as good as it used to be and I have sort of given up on ER because they claim to be "realistsic" and it is so laughable. We even have some sayings now based on the various characters who do stupid things, lol Not once have I ever heard one resident give the complete proper direction for certain vitals. No patient ever has trouble with bureacracy they waltz in and see a doctor, rofl!!! (No troubes with insurance in Chicago - keep in mind I studied in Boston, patients at that ER were stopped not by any guards but the accounting mafia) . Not to mention how fast everything happens but it's fiction - those tests get done in an hour, lol

Anyway ---- sorry - I just have no clue what you are referring to.

melanie
January 10th, 2006, 04:14 PM
quote'Coronation Street, a British soap opera'

no way, is that still on, oh my god its amazing. i remember that from my childhood, it was required dinner watching for my mum and nana. i swear at any given time, in any given country, on some freaked out channel it is always running. in 300yrs that and neighbors will still be aired, mainly in repeats, but aired all the same. and for this neighbors fan thats allright.....

wow now they just need to start running 'number 69' and upstairs/downstairs' again and the world will turn full circle. just biiizzzzaaaarrrrreeeeeee..........

chico2
January 10th, 2006, 04:50 PM
I was a CSI fan for a loong time,but lately it's getting a little tired.
There is however an excellent cop-show on Tuedays "The Shield",the new season starts tonight,the first season Glen Close(love her)was the captain..
Great actors, no inflated boobs or lips,just great!!!