Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

how big?

heather331
January 9th, 2006, 07:13 PM
i was just wondering if anyone could guess about how big dakota might get? she is 34lbs now and she is not quite 5 months old. we think she is a husky/german shepherd mix but we dont really know. is the really big for a 5 month old puppy? is she going to be a huge dog?

Rottimom
January 9th, 2006, 08:42 PM
LOL sounds like a good size pup...... Hercules weighed 35 lbs at 3 or 4 months, he is now about 100 lbs fully grown. He always had these enormous paws.... :pawprint: I think that big paws could indicate she'll be a big dog.....

mona_b
January 9th, 2006, 09:59 PM
It's hard to tell sometimes when you have a mix.And to be honest,you can't really go by the paws.

And I see more Husky then GSD...So "If" she takes the size of the Husky,she may reach roughly about 50lbs.

Do you have a pic of her sitting?..Maybe beside you?

heather331
January 9th, 2006, 10:48 PM
this is the only picture i have right now...ill try to get one of her sitting beside me either tonight or tomorrow.

heather331
January 9th, 2006, 10:49 PM
her face looks like a husky but her body looks like shepherd and her tail....those ears? they are bat ears!!!

Prin
January 9th, 2006, 10:52 PM
All the husky mixes I know end up around 60lbs, but some are more slender and tall and others are short and stalky.

mona_b
January 10th, 2006, 08:14 AM
And from what I can see,Dakota seems to be on the slender size.

My sisters 2 female Huskies are roughly 50lbs...And they have a stalky build.

Even female GSD's are are not as heavy as the males.

And yes,those bat ears.....LOL

That comes from the GSD.....:D

StaceyB
January 10th, 2006, 09:01 AM
My guess would be around 60-65 lbs.