Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Please help, need rottweiler friendly motel

Rottielover
January 8th, 2006, 07:38 AM
I am going to be going to a seiger show in May, And I already started on a search for a decent price hotel or motel near or in markham Ontario. So far every time I mention a quiet rottweiler, and friendly, they right out say NO.
I need a place to stay, can not stay in the car. Does anyone know of a place where us two can stay ?

BMDLuver
January 8th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Where are the other out of town show people staying?

Most Days Inns allow dogs. We stayed at one in New York State with 3 dogs in one room and 2 dogs in the other room. They were all Bouviers and the only thing we had to do was pay an additional $25 per dog in case of damage.

catsnatcher-CDN
January 8th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Instead of telling them it's a rottie, perhaps when they ask you what type of dog you have, you can answer " a well-trained one "

raingirl
January 8th, 2006, 08:54 AM
I know that all Holiday Inns allow dogs. And there is one just south of Markham at Markham Road and the 401 (about 5 min walk from where I went to highschool). There is also a Ho Jo across the street from there that allows dogs.

Here is one that definately does. $75 fee for the dog.

Staybridge Suites
TORONTO-MARKHAM
355 SOUTH PARK ROAD
MARKHAM, ON L3T 7W2
CANADA

Hotel Reservations: 1-877-238-8889
Hotel Front Desk: 1-905-7719333
Hotel Fax: 1-905-7719336

Email: tim.trowbridge@ichotelsgroup.com
Check-In Time: 3:00 PM
Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/YYZMH?&sourceid=qIpwQ8Enaj-SAnEBkgrZ&

shannon1233A
January 8th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Do you have the booklet/flyer from the show? At every one we've attended, in small print on the back they had a list of dog friendly motels. If not I'd check the place of venue's. or the show hosts website, they list the places to stay ;)

Prin
January 8th, 2006, 12:06 PM
He's a rottie? I thought he was a lab-beagle mix?:evil:

SnowDancer
January 8th, 2006, 10:57 PM
When you speak with hotels sometimes it doesn't hurt to ask size of dogs they accept. Some will state outright "small dogs" only. I asked once what they considered "small" - they told me 20 lb. and under. These days it could have been 3 lbs.

Rottielover
January 9th, 2006, 07:18 AM
I have called a few places, no restrictions on weight, but no pitbulls or rottweilers. One place said come and take a chance. It is kinda a far to take a chance. Maybe I should see about camping, they have no rottweiler restrictions:sad:

TobsterMom
January 9th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Hey...haven't posted here in forever!!

Best Western were great to us. We moved provinces and stayed there for 5 days with our Golden. They never even blinked. He had to be on leash at all times and never unattended in the room. We also had to inform housekeeping and leave while they cleaned. We had to sign a waver, I believe, in case of any damage.

I hope you have he same luck and hospitality that we did!

raingirl
January 9th, 2006, 06:29 PM
we are about 30 min from where you need to be, so if you weren't able to find a place, we have a space room (odin likes big dogs) as long as you don't mind that the Futon has unofficially become Odin's bed!

I grew up in Toronto and probably know of every motel/hotel around.

If you don't really care how "ichy" some places are, there is a Motel on Kingston road that will let anyone stay there, and they even have hourly rates. I know some people who stayed there once, and they said it wasn't that bad. It was clean, and no bugs or anything.

I know for sure that the Holiday in downtown at King and...Peter st? It allows all kinds of dogs, no matter of breed or size (except now they may have a no pitt rule due to the law).

How long will you be here? Few days? a Week? I know the UofT at Scarborough campus you can rent a room in a townhouse for nights/weekends/weeks in the summer, but don't know if they have empties for other times of the year.

I believe the show is in Aurora right? Any of the Airport Hotels would be good as well, as they would not be far from where you need to me either.

Here is a link to a list of pet-friendly hotels

http://www.pets-allowed-hotels.com/can/Ontario/TORONTO/

here is another

http://www.dogfriendly.com/server/travel/uscities/guides/us/cities/usonlinecityONToronto.shtml

Rottielover
January 10th, 2006, 07:12 AM
I pmed you Raingirl. Just to let you know that when I called some of the hotels, they are dog friendly YES, NOT breed friendly :(. The price I pay for having the breed I admire.