Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

La Joie de vivre in Quebec...

Prin
January 7th, 2006, 03:23 PM
In case anybody is wondering why people still live in Quebec, despite everything, I have a good reason.

Right now, it's a bone-chilling, humid -11, and with the wind, -19. And this is the scene on the river down my street. It's amazing how much Quebecers take advantage of the things they have. I've travelled quite a bit and I haven't found this anywhere.

It's like a funky Quebec Norman Rockwell painting...

Prin
January 7th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Another one...

Prin
January 7th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Last one (this one was earlier in the day...)

K9Friend
January 7th, 2006, 04:33 PM
lmao, Prin, I see that every day too. Vive le Quebec alright! :thumbs up :D

Boubou
January 7th, 2006, 06:02 PM
OMG! That looks like the scene in our neighborhood! I live on the Southshore near Chambly, is that where these pictures were taken, Prin?

Prin
January 7th, 2006, 06:46 PM
No these are from Laval... On the Mille Iles river. It's everywhere!:D

BMDLuver
January 7th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Nothing like a flask of Cariboo and a cold winter's day! Gotta love Quebec for that!

jiorji
January 7th, 2006, 11:56 PM
making good use of that digi cam I see...hehe

That kind of stuff doesn't happen on my street. However, it's always fun to watch the parking lot on snowy days cos you can always tell who's been too lazy to dig their car out of the snow to go to work. :evil:

and speaking of Quebec winters, my dad's friend has only lived in Quebec for 2 years now and he and my dad speak quite frequently, and APPARENTLY....just yesterday was SO COLD that his(the friend's) family had to stay in all day. Odd....I don't recall such horrible temperatures.

Prin
January 8th, 2006, 12:07 AM
Yesterday? Really? Yesterday wasn't bad at all.:confused:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 8th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Great pics are they ice fishing. I have never seen anyone ice fishing until I moved up here. They basically drill holes and sit there all day in chairs to catch fish. Never been much of a fisherman myself (maybe because I dont like seafood) but coming from Vancouver where it mostly rains its neat to see.

But no snow here this winter weve had a real mild one. Normally its-12 and snow everywhere but not this year. Which is good because I have to drive the highway everyday and bad because we cant tobbagan next door at the school ground.

Frenchy
January 8th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Its snowing right know and it's just beautifull.Boubou,I have a coworker living in Carignan and there is a river in his backyard,I just love that place.Prin,my mom lives in Ste-Rose,in a building for semi retired people and she can see people skying and skidoos on the river every week end,she loves it.They usually place trees around and people can go ice skating.

Prin
January 8th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Great pics are they ice fishing. I have never seen anyone ice fishing until I moved up here. They basically drill holes and sit there all day in chairs to catch fish. LOL see- this is where they differ. They have little cabins with wood stoves. Not to mention the 4-wheelers and skidoos. These guys are so well-equipped. It's amazing. It's like a small sub-culture/community.

Frenchy, we're waiting for the skating track to open... The Club Optimiste put out their cabane this week, so SOOON!:highfive: It's a really pretty skating rink they make. I wonder how far on the river it goes.