Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Registering

Byrd
January 6th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Willow is a purebred, but is not registered. Is it too late to do so with CKC? I am not sure if her parents are registered or not. Or would it be best to just go straght for NAMBR?

I would like to register her for the sake of points in Flyball (and a really cool name "Byrd's Rippin' Willow").

Lucky Rescue
January 6th, 2006, 11:15 PM
IF your dog is purebred, you can probably get PEN (Performance Event Number) from the CKC for the dog to compete in events, but not conformation.

Contact the CKC for details. I think the cost is around 50$ and you must provide pictures.

Byrd
January 7th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Oooohhh very nice. Do you have a website, e-mail, or phone number for that?

Byrd
January 7th, 2006, 09:43 AM
oh, nevermind, found an ASCA performance event application. Which is with the Australian Shepherd club. COOL!

Ah, shoot, it's American!

mona_b
January 7th, 2006, 11:11 PM
If her parents are not registered,then this means Willow can't be registered.(CKC)....

Also,you don't need to have Willow registered(CKC) to compete in Flyball...There are quite a number of mixed breeds who compete.AND become Champions in Flyball.The same goes for Agility.:)

Also,that training has she had?

They are very picky.

Has she passed basic obedience?

Is she people/dog friendly?

Byrd
January 8th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Her dad is AKC and her mom is not registered.

I know that she doesn't need to be registered, but I would like to have her registered.

The only thing they ask for in the application is why she cannot be CKC registered and for two recent pictures, one from the side and one from the front. There is nothing about training, etc.

If they won't register her, then I will go through NAMBR.

mona_b
January 8th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Then she definately can't be registered with the CKC.

BOTH parents must be registered.

Byrd
January 8th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Yup, I know. That's why I'm going for an alternative.

LM1313
January 8th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Also,you don't need to have Willow registered(CKC) to compete in Flyball...There are quite a number of mixed breeds who compete.AND become Champions in Flyball.The same goes for Agility.

That's so cool! I remember when Ebony was a puppy I really wanted to train her to do agility, but down here a dog had to be purebred to compete in agility! (Could be spayed, however.) Now I ask you . . . why wouldn't you let a mixed breed compete in something that is based purely on ability? :confused: Stupid AKC.

~LM~

mona_b
January 8th, 2006, 10:33 PM
There is nothing about training, etc.

Sorry,what I meant about this was for the flyball part.....:)

Now I ask you . . . why wouldn't you let a mixed breed compete in something that is based purely on ability? Stupid AKC..

Now that's crazy.:rolleyes:

Byrd
January 9th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Oh, well, we are done flyball, well, we have two classes left. She has been asked to try out for a team, so that part's done.