Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New Year, New life, New boyfriend, New fears, new home for Buddy

Iggette
January 6th, 2006, 07:08 AM
Hello all, I hope everyone had a happy holiday season!
Mine was pretty rocky.

To make a long story short, I have split up with my boyfriend of 6 years after many arguments about our pets. I never thought we would break up over the issue of getting a dog fixed but things escalated from there. As some of you may remember we got a german shepherd from a lady that bred police dogs. Casey was her name, she is a sweetheart but turned out to be very dominate as she got older. I wanted to turn to you all for advice but I knew what it would be and the boyfriend just simply would not listen to me.
I just could not stay any longer and stand by and watch the destruction this dog was causing. I turned to other sources for compfort from my despair which made matters worse in my relationship.
So to sum things up our other dominate dog Ursa is now at rainbow bridge I had her put down because of her injuries caused by Casey. *God speed Ursa* She was a real pain in the butt at times but I loved her dearly:(
So now I have a new home with 4 cats and 1 dog and am hoping to be more in touch with you all again now that I am at peace with my animals, I missed comming here and sharing and helping when I could.

Best wishes to you all for the New Year:pawprint:

mona_b
January 6th, 2006, 08:43 AM
OHHHHHHHHH Debbie.........:grouphug: :grouphug:

I am sooooo sorry that you had to go through all this.:sad:

And my heart goes out to with what happened to Ursa...:grouphug:

I know you and I were working on situations about Casey(through pm's).I sent you a couple of pm's on certain information about where Casey came(the girl) from but didn't hear back from you.Not sure if you even got them.I was also worried that the situation with Casey was getting worse.I was hoping to hear back from you.

I really hope things are better for you.I wish you ALL the best.

And I hope to see you back on here more now.....:)

:grouphug:

chico2
January 6th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Iggette,I was wondering about you the other day,as I was looking through the Chico pics(your raccoon).
I am really sorry about Ursa,I know you loved her very much:sad:
I am glad things are now looking up for you and I hope you stick around.
WELCOME BACK!!

Prin
January 6th, 2006, 10:33 PM
That's such a sad story! I don't know what to say. :sad: I'm so sorry for Ursa. I hope things get better from now on. :grouphug:

Shamrock
January 6th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Igette, I am so sorry for all the heartache that has come your way. This is indeed a very sad story My heart goes out to you, deepest sympathies on the loss of your dear Ursa.:grouphug:

I wish you and your pets all the best for this new year, may peace and happiness be yours with this new beginning.