Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Free Dog House - Toronto

Derek & Jeter
January 5th, 2006, 08:44 AM
At a freecycle.org group in Toronto I saw a post about a dog house for a medium to large-sized dog. Original post said it could use a coat of paint. Wood is a good insulator (summer and winter), plastic could be tacked around the exterior in the winter and it could be set on top of 1 or 2 layers of wall insulation. I wrote to her about possibly searching for an owner whose dog or cat has to stay outdoors, as opposed to one who's allowed outdoors, at times ("needy" dog or cats). I believe 3 or more members mentioned neighbour's dogs like this. If anyone knows an owner who they can talk to about giving shelter to his dog or a charity, please contact her.

Dimensions are 32"w x 32"L x 35" high with a barn shaped shingled roof. Does have a raised wooden floor but is not insulated. It was built by my boyfriend who is a civil engineer - used to be vice-president of a construction company so it's very well built. His dogs don't use it so we'd like to recycle it. Feel free to post my email address. Since it's heavy, it would be best suited to a Toronto local.

cavendishintoronto@yahoo.ca :angel: :pawprint: :pawprint: