Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Trouble.... Prin got a digicam!

Prin
January 3rd, 2006, 11:18 PM
Heh heh. I got one. I'll try to be not-so-enthusiastic.:o

Here are some of my babies playing on the river yesterday..

Jemma... (you can see the nutsos in the background getting ready to fly around with a parachute and a fan on their back...:rolleyes: )

Prin
January 3rd, 2006, 11:20 PM
Boo putting on the brakes...

Prin
January 3rd, 2006, 11:22 PM
Jemma telling you to feed Wolf King...

Roooooooo!

Prin
January 3rd, 2006, 11:24 PM
And here she is showing you why... (she's really shiny)

Prin
January 3rd, 2006, 11:27 PM
And here's her nose after playing too hard in the icy snow on the river. The last throw, she just gnarled up her nose. When she came back she was dripping blood and I was freaking out. But it's ok today.

Prin
January 3rd, 2006, 11:28 PM
There aren't enough of Boo.. And since we're doing noses... (this one isn't from my digicam though... I have to take more of him with my new digicam when I manage to get new batteries... :o)

StaceyB
January 4th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Get the re-chargeable ones. I have 3 sets since I need to have charged batteries all the time for the camera and the camcorder. When I got my first digital camera I used the one use batteries and was only able to take a few pictures with them before they died. I bought the re-chargeable ones and they are great. I can now take hundreds of pics on one set of charged batteries. The view finder sucks up the batteries pretty quick. My new olympus sp-500uz is completely digital for viewing to take pics but it doesn't seem to be too hard on the batteries. The battery sets I have are optex 2200mAh which have always been good for me. I also picked up the energizer 2500mAh when I got the new camera which are just as good. I got the energizer because apparently the 2500mAh is stronger.
Don't get the cheap re-chargeable batteries, they are garbage and the cheap one use batteries probably won't be strong enough to even work your camera.
The optex you can pick up for I think 20, with the charger and the energizer were 40 with the charger. I found walmart the cheapest for the energizer and I bought the optex at compu-smart.

Rick C
January 4th, 2006, 11:52 AM
I like dog nose close ups. That never gets old.

Looks like real winter there!!

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Lucky Rescue
January 4th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Black dogs on white snow - love it!!:)

Get the re-chargeable ones.

For sure! I've had the same 4 batteries for over a year, have taken at least 800 pics and they're going strong. Haven't even had to recharge them very often either!

Looks like real winter there!!
Yeah, doesn't it though?:sad:

shannon1233A
January 4th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Wonderful pics Prin! And Oh My, I'm always in awe of those shiny coats!
I just love the close up ones too!

dmc123
January 4th, 2006, 05:38 PM
What sweeties. Good pictures.

May I ask why type of camera you bought? I am shopping for one now, and would like to know what you like and/or dislike about the one you got.

Diane

Frenchy
January 4th, 2006, 08:04 PM
I like the nose close up too.Keep hem coming.

Prin
January 4th, 2006, 11:52 PM
Thanks Stacey and Lucky- I'm going to get rechargeables as soon as I can... I don't intend on giving all my pennies to Duracell...:D
Black dogs on white snow - love it!!Lucky, I have to adjust the pics so much! The snow comes out grey to balance out the black... It's hard to get detail even in the summer...

Rick- we're getting another small storm tonight- 15cm (around- it varies by weatherman). My boyfriend is going snowboarding tomorrow with my whole family while I'm in school...:crazy:

Thanks Shannon-- that's a real compliment coming from the person with the groomiest doggy. (Like groovy... heh heh...:o )

dmc- I wanted an SLR, but I'm on a student's budget so I decided to get a small hack-around camera until I can afford the real thing. This one is the Canon A510 (around $220 at costco). It's a Consumer Reports "best buy" because the features and photo quality are really good for the price. It's 3.2 megapixels, which is by far enough for me to take pics of my doggies, and 4x zoom, which is enough too, since without a tripod they end up shakey anyway. The only thing is it's a bit slow between shots. To take the shot, it's quick, but between shots (especially with the flash) it's slower than I'd like, but still faster than a few out there.

We tried a few (my bf borrows different brands from work) and we liked this one the best. It's much faster and more stable (less camera shake) than the Sony DSC-W5 and the screen is bigger than my brother's Olympus camera of about the same price (it's way faster than his too, and there's way less camera shake). All in all, it's a GREAT $200 camera.;) (It's better than some $300 cameras too...) The great thing about Costco is they are really nice about returns...;)

Thanks, Frenchy. I'll post TONS when I get my batteries (be careful what you wish for...:D).

I'm also trying to upload a small video of Jemma growling as I scratch her belly. I swear you can see the love in her eyes. :crazy:

wdawson
January 5th, 2006, 04:09 PM
prin

if you have a multi burst feature on your camera you can take 3 fast shots in a row , helps for those action shots.

Shamrock
January 5th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Wonderful pics, Prin! Gotta love those closeups:) .
I also really enjoy snow photos. They just look great- so outdoorsy and such fun for the dogs, exploring and romping.

That is great you got a digital - I too would reccomend the rechargeable batteries - really saves money.

jiorji
January 5th, 2006, 07:32 PM
And here's her nose after playing too hard in the icy snow on the river. The last throw, she just gnarled up her nose. When she came back she was dripping blood and I was freaking out. But it's ok today.

oh no poor baby!!:sad:

I had a little accident on ice a few years back too. And have scars to prove it!:crazy:

doggy lover
January 5th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Yeah more puppy pic's to see, send more.............

glasslass
January 6th, 2006, 12:35 AM
Yes! More!!!

Prin
January 6th, 2006, 10:38 PM
They're coming... Beware... I just got my rechargeable batteries.. ooooo (jaws theme plays here...):D

Copper'sMom
January 7th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Wow Prin, it's about time we get to see new pics!!!! LOL They look great!! I got a new digital cam as well(before xmas). The pics of Zoe's 1st b-day were taken with the new camera. I also got the Olympus sp-500uz - same as StaceyB!!!!

Looking forward to more pics!.....................Or amI???? j/k!!!!

Love the pic Lucky!!! Looks soo familiar! I just haven't captured my pic of that yet!!!

Prin
January 7th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Here are a couple more...

I like the digicam because I get to experiment more...:D

Boo sleeping... (I suppose the baggy lips make the floor more comfy...)

Prin
January 7th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Oops... I woke him up...:o But not too much...

Prin
January 7th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Jemma playing with the ball on the floor... (her nose is still buggered from the ice...)

Prin
January 7th, 2006, 02:55 PM
The warm up....

Prin
January 7th, 2006, 02:56 PM
And the howl...

Prin
January 7th, 2006, 02:57 PM
No more pictures! No more flash!:o

Prin
January 7th, 2006, 02:57 PM
The best kind of man is the one who walks the doggies with joy every time...:D

Prin
January 7th, 2006, 02:59 PM
One more (getting white) Boo nose...

shannon1233A
January 7th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Awww Prin, that last one just begs for a nose tweeking hehe! Great pics!

Prin
January 7th, 2006, 07:19 PM
See his grey beard? What the hey is that?! He's got really short hair on his chinny and on there it looks like a real beard. My baby is getting old (and turning into St-Nick...)

jiorji
January 8th, 2006, 12:24 AM
The best kind of man is the one who walks the doggies with joy every time...:D

........oh yeah I can see the excitement. lol

Jemma with green ball picture is just so funny!!