Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What Did I Do????

maddoxies
January 3rd, 2006, 10:09 PM
I just accepted a job back in Ontario. I start January 30th. I am booked this weekend to doggie sit for someone, so I have 3 weeks, to sell up and pack up YIKES!!!:crazy:

Anybody want to buy appliances, bedroom furniture, etc.?? Sublet my apartment?????

January 30th, WHAT WAS I THINKING !!!???

Prin
January 3rd, 2006, 10:14 PM
Why would you get rid of everything? Why not bring it?

Don't worry, things will work out. Is it a good job at least?

happycats
January 4th, 2006, 07:59 AM
You can put all your stuff in storage, until you settle in here in Ontario.
As for your apartment, maybe you can ask your neighbors (they may have friends or relatives who would like to live there) Or talk to your landlord, he/she may have a waiting list for available apartments.

Good luck, and WELCOME to Ontario!!

BMDLuver
January 4th, 2006, 08:21 AM
lol Goldengirl, Congrats on the new job! Glad to hear it worked out... the rest will all fall into place eventually... give a holler if you need a hand! Just don't count on my hubby, hehehe ;)

Frenchy
January 4th, 2006, 07:50 PM
So we are loosing you?Who will give me advice with my fosters now???I wish you good luck and hope everything will go your way.Don't worry about your move,it will be ok.

Prin
January 4th, 2006, 11:57 PM
I'm with Frenchy! I hope they have internet where you're going (I take it for granted...)

maddoxies
January 5th, 2006, 10:32 AM
First, I am staying on the Quebec rescue email network. I have sorta worked out an emergency transport system, if there is no room for a foster, to get a dog to me for fostering.

Selling, etc. Movers charge by the pound. I will not need washer, dryer, fridge and stove where I am going. AND have you checked out the price of storage???!!! $300 a month for 10x20 heated storage. And I need heated storage for antiques, wood, electronics, etc. The less I have to move and store, the less this will cost me.

If my place is not rented for Feb 1, I will leave all my stuff here - packed ready for the movers to come in. If I am paying rent anyways, why pay storage too??? dah

It will be fun though, trying to stuff enough clothes, my houseplants, the dogs and all their "stuff" into my van for the move. Heidi's new cart is awesome, but it is bigger than the original model. (and blankies, and onseys, and toys, and all their carry bags ........ I think I will need a moving truck just for them !!! lol)

Ok, can you tell it is starting to get to me?? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Gee BMDLover and I was SO counting on your hubby for help roflmao:p

Lizzie
January 5th, 2006, 10:39 AM
You could always get a rental trailor to cart more stuff with you. A van might not hold it all! Heck, university students fill more than one van per student...without furniture!! haha!

Best of luck with your move!

raingirl
January 5th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Where in Ontario are you moving to? If you need help out Brampton way, let me know.