Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Board setting problems

Shamrock
January 3rd, 2006, 08:30 PM
Somehow my settings seemed to have changed - I have checked and rechecked the options, but the threads are appearing in reverse order -the oldest messages appearing first.
My board selection is "Linear - Newest first",and the other settings appear to be correct.
Something is out of kilter though.
Can anyone help?

BMDLuver
January 3rd, 2006, 08:33 PM
Kayla posted something today that shows as dating back to 2003 which bumped it to the top. I think there must be some sort of board glitch presently.

Lucky Rescue
January 3rd, 2006, 08:41 PM
It's not you. The board has gone nuts.:eek: Don't know if anyone has informed Marko, but I'll do so now.

Shamrock
January 3rd, 2006, 08:41 PM
Thanks, BMD luver. I will check later on then.. It makes it a bit difficult to track;). I posted two replies.. both threads disappeared from my page.:D and went to the "back" instead of the front...

Shamrock
January 3rd, 2006, 08:45 PM
okay, Lucky, thanks for letting Marko know. As I've not posted for a while, I thought it was something connected with the new year kicking in.

Copper'sMom
January 3rd, 2006, 09:10 PM
Oh something is DEFINITELY out of kilter!!! I just logged on and it says the last time I logged in was November 18,2003!!!! I don't think I was a member until 2004!:confused: As well, earlier today, I posted about Zoe's 1st B-day and I couldn't find the thread anywhere!! I thought i was losing my mind!! lol And Chico2 was replying to it, but her replies were ahead of the actual post!! I also couldn't get connected to the site earlier either. The page wouldn't load and I wasn't redirected anywhere else!!

Hope it's fixed soon!!

Prin
January 3rd, 2006, 10:25 PM
I think the millenium bug was Jan 1, 2006 instead of 2000...:eek: :eek:

Prin
January 3rd, 2006, 11:19 PM
Hey anybody notice any threads disappearing completely? I accidentally double-posted my poll of the night last night and the only one left is the duplicate post that the mods closed... I know there were something like 7 replies.

Anybody else's threads vanished?

Copper'sMom
January 3rd, 2006, 11:41 PM
Oh Marko, Marko! Where for art thou Marko?

Schwinn
January 3rd, 2006, 11:52 PM
I don't think they dissappeared, I think that some posts are registered as being in 2003, and then when the replies are saved, it throws the thread into the way-back machine.

So far, I've been able to narrow the problem down to Shamrock posting from 2003...not that there's anything wrong with that (I don't want to say anything bad, who knows what other special powers she has...:D )

Prin
January 3rd, 2006, 11:55 PM
No, didn't seeker go back in time too in your "star pitty" thread?

Schwinn
January 4th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Hmmm...you're right.

Hey, listen, Shamrock and Seeker...if I PM you my address, could you pop back and visit my house, suggest to me that when I get to Cuba on my honeymoon to take my ring off BEFORE I dive in the cave? thanks

(Oh, and tell me to sell that tech stock, too.)

chico2
January 4th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Phew,good to hear someone else noticed something is haywire with our beloved Forum:evil:
I thought maybe I had a HUGE bug fooling around with me...oh well..hopefully it'll get fixed,the ghost of 2003 hmmm:D

Beaglemom
January 4th, 2006, 08:14 AM
I just logged on and it says the last time I logged in was November 18,2003!!!!
The same thing is happening to me! I only became a member in March of 2005, something weird is happening!

Yesterday I posted a response and it went to the top of the page and became post #1. It is still there today and other people posted after me and they went in the right order.

chico2
January 4th, 2006, 08:30 AM
It seems to have been fixed:thumbs up

marko
January 4th, 2006, 08:54 AM
I am looking into this - it's a weird one.

Please copy and paste the thread URL's in this thread so we can take a look.

Thanks for the heads up everyone!

marko

badger
January 4th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Is anyone else getting a box at the top of the page (and every subsequent page), pointing out that they haven't posted for awhile (I have) and suggesting that they do so? Watch out, lurkers, you are being monitored!

marko
January 4th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Is anyone else getting a box at the top of the page (and every subsequent page), pointing out that they haven't posted for awhile (I have) and suggesting that they do so? Watch out, lurkers, you are being monitored!

Somebody has been watching JFK too many times.;)

Those notices work automatically and are part of a package of notices that encourage people to register when they land on one of our pages from another link, post more frequently etc.

But as of yesterday they seem to have gone wonky...and may need to be fixed.

I just tested it from my end on 2 computers and cannot reproduce this phenomenon so i will investigate further.

Chico2 says the problem is fixed..,,,is it fixed for everyone? Please reply in this thread.

Are people still having this problem today Jan. 4. 2006?

thx

Marko

StaceyB
January 4th, 2006, 09:48 AM
I also have a message at the top of the screen that says.

Hello StaceyB it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

I had some problems yesterday with posts not being placed in order and also a problem with getting onto the site. The above message is still there today but I have to check to see if I am still having the other troubles.

Copper'sMom
January 4th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Here is a troubled thread Marko! This is the one Schwinn started but Seeker's responses were from 2003!!http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=22611

And some threads are disappearing!! I made a new thread about my dog's 1st b-day and can't find it unless I go to a member's profile and look up their posts! I did the advanced search, went straight to the forum where i posted and it wasn't listed!!

Yes, I got that strange message too about not posting in a while!

Copper'sMom
January 4th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Here's my thread I couldn't find yesterday! http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=22604 It is in the right forum today, and I found it without a problem, but Chico2' s replies are ahead of the original post!!!

marko
January 4th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the input so far - those 2 threads that cooper's mom posted are from yesterday though -

The issue with the dates from Nov 2003 was a server problem that was supposedly corrected yesterday

I believe the message that people were receiving that they had not posted since 2003 is directly related to yesterday's server problem.

Are any new threads showing up topsy turvey TODAY (Jan 4)

thx

marko

Ford
January 4th, 2006, 12:42 PM
If anyone knows of any threads that they posted to that are not showing up among the recent threads, could you please go in and give it a *bump* to bring it back to the front? Click on your handle, then click "see all replies" and you should be able to find them through there if they seem to have disappeared. If there is a fix, Marko will find it, but in the meantime, this will greatly help us out!

Thanks.

StaceyB
January 4th, 2006, 01:01 PM
I replied to a thread yesterday about when to switch puppies to adult food and I can't find it anywhere. This was the thread that I was on when things went all screwy. I think there are others missing but I can't remember which ones.

Ford
January 4th, 2006, 01:31 PM
I apologize, as I just realized the posts will only appear in your profile if you have 500 or less replies.

If you do know of any threads appearing in the past that are in fact recent, however, if you could please bump those threads.

Thanks.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 4th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Actually I posted some pics of Joey and our neighbourhood cat on Jan 1st. I am positve I posted it as I checked in several times. I came back on a few days later and the post has dissapeared.

Ford
January 4th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Actually I posted some pics of Joey and our neighbourhood cat on Jan 1st. I am positve I posted it as I checked in several times. I came back on a few days later and the post has dissapeared.

If your own reply date was correct, or if you have a reply in the affected thread that is under the correct date, you will still find it in your profile under your most recent replies.

I've located the thread you've referenced, Joey, and it should now be bumped.

Thanks

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 4th, 2006, 02:41 PM
MarkoAre any new threads showing up topsy turvey TODAY (Jan 4)

Yes Joeys thread titled Joey and Sylvestor in the photo thread, Cyberkitten replied in Nov 2003

Shamrock
January 4th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Well, the problem appears partially fixed.
The date error that was causing threads to disappear to "old" messages seems corrected now - but all threads still appear in reverse order - first post at the bottom and all replies above it.:confused:

Ford
January 4th, 2006, 04:23 PM
I think if you look, you'll see the replies are sorted by the date. So the ones that are on the top are the ones that have the wrong date. Any post that was not affected by the incorrect date should be in the correct order.

I've tried to locate as many threads as I could. If there are any that were missed, please feel free to add the *bump*.

Shamrock
January 4th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Hmmm ok...Ford, one example that I am looking at:
On General Board, under "Cat Had Accident"...the post and all replies are all from today, with correct date showing.

The first post was at 11:35 - but the subsequent replies are sorted with later times and appear above the orginal - instead of below.
So, they are reading "backwards" to what they did before.
Strange....

marko
January 4th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Dear members,

Please always copy and paste the thread URL (address) when referring to posts.

Although we appreciate all the help we get, referring to a post by saying it's the one in the Genereal forum titled...... is not nearly as efficient as copying and pasting the post's address so we can see it as a link, and click on it right away to see what's going on immediately, instead of having to search for it.

In the posts Shamrock refers to
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=22642

Although it may have been backwards yesterday - For me, today, it it showing correctly - older posts first - newer posts last.

Thanks everyone,

Marko

Shamrock
January 4th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Marko..oops, sorry yes :o - that is a far more efficient way.
I only used that one as an example.. they're all the same.

All threads still display the most recent reply on top,with older posts below and back to the first.

This thead should display #1 - 32.... but instead I have 32 -1..

The same throught the forum.
All answers now apppear before each question:eek:

I keep thinking there is something wrong with my settings... but I have checked and rechecked them.. Is anyone else still having this problem?