Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

pregnant cat,whiny, with discharge, acting unusual

lmyoung716
November 18th, 2003, 02:06 PM
Hi! I'm new to this, so sorry if this question is a repeat!

I have a pregnant cat who has been acting strange the past couple of days. She has been very whiny and will lay her front half down but stand on her back legs and step, like they do when they are getting comfortable. Tonight I noticed a bit of a discharge and was wondering if she might be miscarrying. She is not acting strange constantly, just occasionally.

Thanks for your help!

raingirl
January 3rd, 2006, 09:09 PM
A lot of people here are pro spay/neuter so don't be surprised if you get a lot of comments on why was this cat bred, are you a breeder, why wasn't she spayed, etc etc. To avoid all those questions you might want to provide us with more info about this cat, how old, why was she bred, why wasn't she spayed, etc etc.

As for the discharge, could be infection, could be a lot of things. Best thing to do is have the cat seen by a vet.

If this breeding was accidental, you can talk to the vet at the same time about aborting the kitty and getting it spayed (yes, it can be done which I didn't know when I first came here). There are hundreds of thousands of unwanted cats in north america alone that need homes in shelters, why bring more kittens into it.

If you are breeding show cats or something like that, then it's a different story.

jawert1
January 3rd, 2006, 10:15 PM
this post appears to be over 2 years old :/ something tells me it's a dead thread

cpietra16
January 4th, 2006, 10:22 AM
I don't think its actually 2 years old...I've noticed a few threads that were dated 2003, but were actually remarks that were made in the last 48 hours. I think something is wrong with the system.

BMDLuver
January 4th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Take your cat to the vet... she may not be able to deliver on her own and require a c section.

StaceyB
January 4th, 2006, 11:49 AM
How pregnant is she.