November 18th, 2003, 10:50 AM
i'm not in school right now. i wont be returning until august and i am home by myself all day until i can find a job. i know that this girl could be lying. i talked to her today and i am going to meet the dog on friday and keep her for a couple of days and see if it works out. i understand what all of you are saying and i appreciate your opinions, after all i asked for them. the main thing i am concerned about is how dakota (the 4 month old puppy) would react to another dog. the girl's dog is staying with her mom right now and her mom has three other dogs so the pom wouldnt be the problem. just a few minutes ago i took dakota outside to play with her and a dog was loose running around. we have a fenced in yard so they were seperated. as i was approaching the dog to see if it had any contact info on its collar i heard a girl hollaring. i grabbed the dog's collar and yelled for her that i had the dog. she dog had broken its chain. .....anyway the point of this story: dakota liked the dog. she stood at the fence beside me and they licked each other. i was very suprised! but anyhow, i'm going to do a test visit with the dog, her name is MiMi (so cute)! i'm going to ask the girl if i can have a copy of her vet records that way i can know how up to date on things she is. i hope it works out. i understand what you all are saying. we'll see! i'll keep you posted.
November 18th, 2003, 10:52 AM
for some odd reason the post that i just posted to reply posted way up at the top. so to read it you will have to read up there. i dont know why that happened.
January 3rd, 2006, 03:25 PM
i just want to get yall's opinion on the situation although in the end its really up to me i guess. at the university that i attend i posted under the trading post about needed some furniture if anyone was selling. well while i was there i browsed around and found a post about a girl with a pom that is having to find it a new home asap. it is a pom! i use to have one and ive been looking another one but i cant afford to buy one from a reputable breeder. i emailed her and inquired about the dog. she says that she got the dog from an old dutch lady that had to find it a new home when she went into the nursing home. the dog is spayed and up to date on all shots and housetrained. she is only asking $50 for her. i told her that i currently have two cats and another dog that is 4 months old and and will be a medium to large sized dog when full grown. she says that the dog is use to being around dogs and cats because her roommates had both. my boyfriend and i have plenty of room. we live in a house so that is not an issue. what do you all think? i really feel some kind of "calling" (i know that sounds silly, but i cant think of anything else to call it) that i should get this dog. i also worry about if i dont get her who will and ill always wonder if she is being treated right. please give me some advice. thanks!
January 3rd, 2006, 04:13 PM
You have 2 cats, a 4month old pup, and you attend school. You'll really have time for another dog right now? I honestly think your 4mth old pup needs your attention now.
Also, how do you know if anything that girl said is true? For all you know, this dog could be VERY sick, major behavioral problems, hates cats, not housebroken, etc...
If you do decide to go ahead with it, you may want to meet the dog a few times, and have a trial period, so you can have the dog checked by your vet, and evaluate it at your home w/ your other pets.
January 3rd, 2006, 04:27 PM
I agree, if you think you have the time then go ahead but as I told someone just today that has a 4 mon old pup and wants to get another, train the first one before you get the second otherwise it ends up being a lot more work training two at the same time.
January 4th, 2006, 02:48 PM
*bump due to date error*