Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Poll of the night! Do you feel well-rested after the holidays?

Shamrock
November 18th, 2003, 01:47 PM
I picked at bit of both. Though I did enjoy some family times - I was literally counting the days till they were done with, and never have I been so glad to see the season come to a close.
I do sympathize with those of you who have to return to work and/or school.. That can be a big letdown. I recall even Sunday nights becoming depressing... where the heck did the weekend go?;)

Prin
January 3rd, 2006, 02:00 AM
Maybe this will be a back-to-work rant thread. Maybe it'll be a cheery fresh-off-rest thread... Who knows?

Have the holidays freshened you up, worn you down or a bit of both?

All I know is I start school on Wednesday after a whopping 12 days off and I'm not looking forward to it at all. But my courseload is less this semester and it's the last one before I'm Ms. Prin BSc Biology (Specialization), (I expect you all to call me that too eh?:rolleyes: NEVER!) which is a bit of a boost. The end is NEAR! (until next year) :D

But it's always sad to take down the tree, even if my tree might help fight the evil bird flu... (They make Tamiflu with a chemical derived from evergreens but mine will probably be turned into chips to be resold to me as compost..) And it means less time with the doggies, less time with the man and less time for sleeping... He gets this whole week off, lucky battid.:D

catsnatcher-CDN
January 3rd, 2006, 02:21 AM
I was so tired of it all this year that I took down my decorations on the night of January 1rst. And I still have one more christmas to go on January 6!

Prin
January 3rd, 2006, 02:25 AM
Really? That's too bad. When I made the poll, I really didn't think anybody would pick "thrilled about going back to work"...:(

catsnatcher-CDN
January 3rd, 2006, 02:37 AM
I wanted to pick I had a horrible time and it was the closest to the truth.

Lise
January 3rd, 2006, 08:49 AM
Kennel was full for the four weeks around Christmas,they start going home the end of the week.Christmas morning was fun .Get seventeen dogs walked fed etc,get hay and water to horses,feed chickens and bunnies outside,do all of inside guys,unwrap gifts with husband, kids and our dogs,be at parents for lunch!!Ahhh!!!but I still love Christmas.

papillonmama
January 3rd, 2006, 10:03 AM
Alright, I don't work at an office or anything, but, I do have twin babies, and that's like never stopping work, soooo, I guess, I'm kind of happy that everyone (else in my family) is going back to work, and I can get back to our daily schedule. The house is nuts without our regular schedule.
Christmas was not quite what I had hoped for, not quite as bad as horrible, but defenitely not the best.

Ford
January 4th, 2006, 03:24 PM
*bumped due to posting date error*

joeysmama
January 4th, 2006, 03:40 PM
My mom was in the hospital and that really threw a wrench in the works. So we were a little stressed and tired for the actual day of Christmas.

But since she has improved and gone home, we are all more relaxed and we've been watching movies, sleeping in, having some cozy family times so I'm feeling VERY content and refreshed !! :)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 4th, 2006, 06:05 PM
I am not to happy about going back to work. The way my job works you have to work a certain amount within a pay period if not you get paid $2 less an hour. Anyways I worked an extra day to make up for boxing day so I could have 4 days off. But then I discovered I worked the wrong pay period so I got overtime for that pay period, I had to work an extra day this pay period or I would lose the difference and get paid $2 less for the whole pay period. So I basically had to work two days to make up for the one day that I missed.

Also customers are really grouchy, the past couple of days and I seem to be in their line of fire.

doggy lover
January 4th, 2006, 08:35 PM
I picked wore me down but I had to work New years. I enjoyed my Christmas as I had 6 days off in a row. Now I can't wait until the weekend so I can take down the decorations and get some rest. Yeah right whats that I have a border collie, its time to play:p .

Prin
January 5th, 2006, 01:04 AM
I'm sorry so many of you are worn down and had Chrapmasses...:sad: I hope next year is better. I know it will be.:fingerscr

Shamrock, is it hijacking if you steal the head of the thread?:D I know, it's the glitch. I'm messin'. I'm glad you managed to have some good times this Christmas.:grouphug:

Joeysmama, I hope everything settles down soon. Has your bro stepped back at least?:fingerscr

Joey's mom, I know what you mean- I used to work in customer service and people are mean in the post-holidays. :rolleyes:

Doggylover, if you want to chill out, you can always borrow Boo... He'll loaf and mope with you and LOVE it.:D