Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

seizures!!!!! how to cure

Invicta
November 18th, 2003, 11:21 AM
I would recommend starting a journal. Write down everything your dog does and eats, people he sees, etc and times. When/if there is another seizure, try and record it, if you can't record it then take note of what happens before, during and after.

Was the dog asleep when it started? Awake? Was he playing/running/greeting someone at the door?

How long did the seizure last? Was it vocal? Did the dog void itself?

What was the dogs behaviour like after the seizure? Disoriented? Fine? Pacing? Could the dog see properly? Thirsty? Did the dog recognize you?

If there is more than one at a time, how long between the seizures.

The journal will help you keep it all organized.

Hope he's ok!

patsal2006
January 3rd, 2006, 12:56 AM
I have a 2 year old chihuhuwa and it started having siezures about 1 week ago and it only happens at our house. we take him to the vet and he is fine. I was wondering if anybody could give me ideas cuz i'm in desperate need of some??? Thank you.

Prin
January 3rd, 2006, 01:20 AM
I would record what happened that day, how long the seizure was, and any observations. It's rare that dogs will have seizures in front of the vet, so I don't know why the vet isn't being more helpful.:confused:

patsal2006
January 3rd, 2006, 01:53 AM
hey do u kno how to cure it? can i have your email address? so i can talk to u more about it.....

Prin
January 3rd, 2006, 02:09 AM
I'm not a vet and I've basically told you all I know about seizures.;)

Lucky Rescue
January 3rd, 2006, 10:33 AM
Do you have a digital camera that takes movies? If so, record the next seizure and take the recording to the vet.

Sometimes they need to see just what is happening in order to properly diagnose it.

No one here can tell you how to stop seizures, since prescription medication is needed.

Beaglemom
January 3rd, 2006, 01:52 PM
I like Lucky's suggestion.

Unfortunately, you can't treat seizures until you know what is causing them. There are quite of few things that cause seizures and tests will need to be performed to determine the route cause of the seizure and the best treatment option.

Did your vet suggest any tests be performed?

Ford
January 4th, 2006, 03:00 PM
*bump due to posting date error*